Air Fryer Filet Mignon is one of our favourite quick & easy dinners to cook for meat lovers.
Our simple Filet Mignon in Air Fryer recipe features beef tenderloin steaks seasoned with salt and pepper.
Follow our step by step recipe and you’ll have tender and juicy filet mignon ready to serve in just 20 minutes! It’s the perfect entree to serve when celebrating special occasions like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or Valentine’s Day.
We suggest serving Filet Mignon cooked in an air fryer with a fresh salad and crispy potato wedges. Or go all out and serve up a special surf & turf feast with garlic butter doused shrimp or lobster.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is Filet Mignon?
Filet mignon is a cut of beef taken from the smaller end of the tenderloin. The tenderloin runs along both sides of the spine, and is usually butchered as two long snake-shaped cuts of meat.
Filet mignon is usually presented as a round cut taken from the thinner end of a piece of tenderloin. It is often the most tender and lean cut, famous for its melt-in-your-mouth texture. It has has a milder flavour than other cuts of beef and as such is often served with a sauce like bearnaise or wrapped with bacon.
Due to the small amount of filet mignon able to be butchered from each animal it is generally the most expensive cut of meat. Although it can be quite costly when dining out, it’s much less expensive to make at home, especially if you purchase a whole tenderloin.
Juicy and tender Air Fryer Filet Mignon is the perfect idea to serve at a celebratory meat-lovers feast!
You May Also Enjoy These Beef Recipes…
- Bo Luc Lac Shaking Vietnamese Beef Stir Fry
- Japanese Beef Yaki Udon Noodle Stir Fry
- Smoky Albondigas Tapas Spanish Meatballs
- Albondigas al Chipotle Smoky Mexican Meatballs
- Korean Beef Bulgogi Noodles
- Lebanese Spiced Minced Beef Stuffed Pita Arayes
- Maccheroni al Ferretto Pasta with Beef Ragu
- Easy Creamy Prime Rib Pasta
- Prime Rib French Dip Sandwich
- Brandy Caramelized Onion French Burger
- Köttbullar med Gräddsås Swedish Meatballs
- Bitterballen Dutch Fried Meatballs
- Beef Kafta Afghan Kebab
- Lebanese Kibbeh Fried Beef Croquette
- Kiymali Pide Spiced Minced Meat Turkish Pizza
- Spicy Gukbap Korean Rice & Beef Soup
- Romanian Soup Ciorba de Perisoare
- Nam Tok Authentic Thai “Waterfall Beef” Salad
- Calgary Ginger Beef
- Instant Pot Short Rib Ragu
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
How To Make Air Fryer Filet Mignon
Our filet mignon recipe is so easy to make you’ll have it ready to serve in under 30 minutes!
There are two methods to making tender and juicy filet mignon in an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Filet Mignon in these machines, simply lower the seasoned steaks into the basket.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare Filet Mignon in an air fryer at home. Simply place the steaks in the tray basket and watch them brown and get crispy through the glass door.
Join Dobbernationloves founder Andrew Dobson in the kitchen by signing up for a fun virtual cooking class! Classes begin with a cocktail that you can sip while preparing 2-3 recipes that are curated around a unique culinary theme. Check out our current Cooking Class Schedule!
My Family Loves Cooking Filet Mignon in Air Fryer
My family loves slicing into a decadent steak dinner.
We often serve beef tenderloin on special occasions like Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. When we were kids my mother would typically serve steaks grilled on the barbecue in the summer with HP sauce, grilled corn on the cob, baked potatoes and a simple salad.
After spending months researching the Best Steakhouses in Toronto, I feasted on some of the most decadent steaks and gourmet side dishes.
This easy homemade Filet Mignon recipe is as simple as can be. You can easily elevate your steak game by serving the perfectly cooked meat with a selection of gourmet sauces like Béarnaise or Blue Cheese Sauce.
Now that I’ve upgraded my kitchen with the trendiest new gadget I love making Air Fryer Filet Mignon at home.
Cooking filet mignon in an air fryer is a modern day marvel for home cooks who love to eat a steak feast. Air Fryers cook food much quicker and help ensure Air Fried Filet Mignon are tender, juicy and delicious!
Filet Mignon Temperatures & Doneness
Use a kitchen thermometer to check the interior temperature of filet mignon steaks cooked in an air fryer. This allows you to confirm each steaks doneness so you can offer guests a variety, from rare to well done.
- Extra Rare or Blue: 80 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rare: 120 to 125 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medium Rare: 130 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medium: 140 to 145 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medium Well: 150 to 155 degrees Fahrenheit
- Well Done: 160 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
Air Fryer Filet Mignon Recipe Cooking Tips
- Remove the steaks from the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Pat down the steaks with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture or blood.
- Spray the filet’s with cooking spray or gently rub with canola oil or olive oil with your hands. This ensure the exterior of the meat gets crispy.
- Season the exterior of the meat with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper. If you have a favourite store bought steak seasoning feel feel to substitute.
- Place the steaks in an air fryer basket in one flat layer. Avoid overlapping or touching to ensure each filet mignon gets brown and crispy on the outside.
- We suggest cooking filet mignon in an air fryer until Medium Rare. Check the steaks internal temperature with a kitchen thermometer, which should read 130 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the steak has reached your desired doneness remove the air fryer basket and turn off the air fryer. Tent the meat with tin foil and let rest for 6-7 minutes before serving whole or slicing.
What To Serve With Filet Mignon
Air Fryer Filet Mignon is the perfect dinner to serve steak lovers on for a special celebration like Father’s Day or Mother’s Day.
We particularly like to make filet mignon in an air fryer during the colder months of the year. Our barbecue is usually decommissioned in November and enjoys a Spring cleaning in May. Avoid standing in a blizzard while shivering beside a BBQ by using an air fryer in the cozy comfort of your kitchen.
We love serving Filet Mignon with a fresh salad, sweet potato fries, baked sweet potatoes, sweet potato rice, onion rings, cheesy bacon potato skins, cheesy garlic bread, mac and cheese, brussels sprouts with bacon, and Tater Tot Poutine.
If you’re looking to serve a tasty Surf & Turf themed dinner serve a tender and juicy Filet Mignon with a selection of seafood like shrimp or butter and garlic doused lobster tail.
Hosting a formal steak dinner and looking for the perfect dessert to serve as a sweet finish? We’re sure you’ll enjoy some of these recipes:
- Espresso Coffee Java Chip Ice Cream
- Gianduja Lindt Lindor Chocolate Cake
- Fresh Fig Frangipane Pistachio Tartlets
- Caribbean Coconut Rum Banana Bread Bundt Cake
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Swedish Ricotta Oatmeal Rhubarb Bars
- Moist Baileys Banoffee Cake
- Flaky Swedish Rhubarb Cherry Pie
- Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Jordgubbstårta Gluten Free Swedish Strawberry Meringue Cake
- Rhubarb Strawberry Dutch Baby
- Creamy Lemon Angel Pie
- Sticky Toffee Banana and Date Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Lindt Lindor Cookies
- Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes
You May Also Enjoy These Air Fryer Recipes…
- Air Fryer Popcorn Recipe
- Cheesy Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Nachos Recipe
- Frozen Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer
- Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
- Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Fingers Tenders & Strips In Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Seasoned Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Smoky BBQ Bone In Air Fryer Pork Ribs
- Viral TikTok Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Crispy Air Fried Cornish Hen
- Cheesy Bacon Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
How To Make Tender and Juicy Air Fryer Filet Mignon
Air Fryer Filet Mignon
- Air Fryer
- 2 8 oz Filet Mignon Beef Tenderloin Steaks
- 1/2 tsp Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 375° F.
- When cooking filet mignon in an air fryer, begin by spraying each side of the steak with cooking spray, then generously season with salt and pepper.
- Place the filet mignon steaks in the air fryer basket or wire rack with sheet pan underneath to catch the drippings.
- Place basket in the air fryer and cook the first side for 10 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the steak reaches your desired doneness.
- Remove air fryer filet mignon, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!