Find yourself Googling, “Best Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer?”
Our Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries recipe is one of our favourite quick & easy snacks or side dishes to cook when making burgers, steaks or barbecue.
Our simple Air Fryer recipe takes less than 20 minutes to cook, a perfect addition to a barbecue or kids birthday party.
We suggest serving Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries with dips like mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, honey or barbecue sauce.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Are Sweet Potato Fries?
Fried sweet potatoes are featured in a variety of dishes and cuisines including in popular sweet potato fries, a variation of French fries using sweet potato instead of potato.
Fried sweet potatoes are known as patates in Guinean cuisine, where they are more popular than potatoes and more commonly used to make fries.
Recipes for fried sweet potatoes in the United States go back to the 19th century. Some suggest parboiling the sweet potatoes before frying, while others call for frying them with sugar.
Goguma twigim is a fried sweet potato dish in Korean cuisine. Kananga phodi-tawa is a dish of lightly battered and fried sweet potato in Indian cuisine.
In the late 90s, sweet potato fries became trendy at sports bars, pubs and casual family restaurants. People enjoyed the sweet flavour of the crispy fries over traditional French fries.
They are also considered a healthier alternative to classic potato fries as sweet potatoes have more nutrients.
Sweet potato fries in North America are typically served as a side dish to burgers, roasted chicken or steak but can also be enjoyed as a shareable appetizer with aioli or creamy southwest sauce.
Best Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Take a stroll down your grocery store freezer aisle and you’ll find many brands offering frozen sweet potato fries to cook at home in your air fryer.
In the US popular frozen sweet potato fry brands include Costco, 365 Everyday Value, Publix, Ore-Ida and Trader Joe’s.
In Canada we love frozen sweet potato fries made by Alexia All Natural and McCain from Prince Edward Island.
If you’re looking for specialty frozen sweet potato fries be sure to visit the health food aisle in your grocery store where you’ll find gluten free sweet potato fries, frozen organic sweet potato fries, keto friendly sweet potato fries, vegan and vegetarian friendly sweet potato fries and more!
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
My Family Loves Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
My family is obsessed with eating sweet potatoes!
We cook sweet potatoes more than we do Yukon Gold or Russet because they are more nutritious and taste sweet.
Some of our favourite sweet potato recipes include Chupe de Quinoa Gluten Free Peruvian Soup, Oven Baked Sweet Potato, Roasted Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup, Roasted Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup, Sweet Potato Muffins, Mexican Sweet Potato Rice and Healthy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
I spent several months researching and writing this article on the Best Steakhouses in Toronto, sampling the city’s finest sweet potato fries served alongside filet mignon and juicy ribeye.
If you’re looking to make the best Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in an Air Fryer at home we suggest serving them in the summer at a fun family barbecue. Grill some burgers or steaks on the BBQ and serve with crunchy and crispy frozen sweet potato fries.
Now that we’ve upgraded our kitchen with the trendiest new gadget we love making Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in an Air Fryer.
Cooking Frozen Sweet Potato Fries is a modern day marvel for home cooks who have a penchant for serving decadent barbecue feasts. Air Fryers cook food much quicker and help ensure frozen sweet potato fries are crispy, moist and delicious!
How To Make Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
Our air fryer recipe is so easy to make you’ll have it ready to serve in under 20 minutes!
There are two methods to making frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fryer frozen sweet potato fries in these machines, simply lower the fries into the basket. Ensure the fries aren’t crowded and don’t touch. This will ensure the sweet potato fries are crispy and uniformly cooked.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer at home. Simply place the fries on the tray and watch them brown and get crispy through the glass door.
Dips For Sweet Potato Fries
We love serving fries as a quick & easy snack or side dish with grilled meats and burgers.
You can play things simple by enjoying them on their own, or offer guests a variety of dips. Our favourite dips to serve with sweet potato fries include:
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Plum Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Hot Sauce
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- Place the frozen sweet potato fries in one flat layer without any overlap or touching, otherwise you’ll end up with an unevenly cooked and potentially soggy product.
- Lightly mist fries with cooking spray to ensure they are extra crispy.
- We love serving sweet potato fries at DIY burger or steak dinner parties. Make it fun for your guests by offering a buffet of dips and sauces.
- You can cook frozen or fresh sweet potato fries in an air fryer. If the fries have thawed reduce the total cooking time by a few minutes and be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- If you’re looking to serve an eye-popping decadent appetizer to guests make this yummy Sweet Potato Fries Poutine recipe.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet Potato Fries are a quick & easy snack to prepare last minute and can be simply enjoyed alone or with healthy carrots and celery.
They also pair well with fresh salads and deep fried side dishes like french fries, onion rings, chicken fingers, steaks and burgers.
We love serving this sweet potato fries recipe with homemade healthy salads like Vegetarian Lebanese Eggplant Fatteh, Citrus “Rojak” Singapore Salad, Roasted Pumpkin Feta Salad with Beetroot & Pine Nuts, Roasted Beetroot Salad with Grapefruit, Canadian Salad, Cajun Spicy Chorizo Corn Salad, Cherry Pecan Kale Salad, or Garlic Lemon Chickpea Avocado Salad.
After dinner why not dazzle your guests with one of our popular desserts such as Oat Flour Cookies with Chocolate Chips, Dark Chocolate Lindt Lindor Cookies, Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes Recipe, Cinnamon Babka For Chocolate Lovers, Rhubarb Strawberry Dutch Baby or Jordgubbstårta Swedish Strawberry Cake.
You May Also Enjoy These Air Fryer Recipes…
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- Cheesy Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Frozen Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer
- Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
- Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Fingers Tenders & Strips In Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Seasoned Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Smoky BBQ Bone In Air Fryer Pork Ribs
- Viral TikTok Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Crispy Air Fried Cornish Hen
- Cheesy Bacon Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Healthy Vegan Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
How To Make Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 F.
- Scatter the frozen sweet potato fries in a single layer in the air fryer, leaving space between the fries for best results. This helps them get crispy rather than soggy when cooking.
- Set the air fryer to a cook time of 12-15 minutes.
- Flip the sweet potato fries cooking in the air fryer after 7-8 minutes. While each air fryer will vary with timing, ours took a total of 12 minutes to cook, so 8 minutes on one side and 4 minutes on the other.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!