Find yourself Googling, “best frozen waffles in air fryer?”
Our Air Fryer Frozen Waffles recipe is one of our favourite quick & easy homemade brunch or breakfast dishes.
This simple Air Fryer recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and cook. We suggest using frozen Eggo waffles, serving them with fresh berries and maple syrup.
Meat eaters can serve a stack of waffles with a side of breakfast sausage, crispy bacon and fried eggs for a hearty brunch idea.
Save this story to Pinterest!
History of Waffles
A waffle is a dish made from leavened batter or dough that is cooked between two plates that are patterned to give a characteristic size, shape, and surface impression.
There are many variations based on the type of waffle iron and recipe used. Waffles are enjoyed throughout the world, particularly in Belgium, which has over a dozen regional varieties. Waffles may be made fresh or simply heated after having been commercially cooked and frozen.
The word waffle first appears in the English language in 1725. It is directly derived from the Dutch wafel, which itself derives from the Middle Dutch wafele.
By the early 20th century, waffles were shifting from a predominantly street food to an increasingly homemade product, aided by the 1918 introduction of GE’s first electric commercial waffle maker.
By the mid-1930s, dry pancake/waffle mix had been marketed by a number of companies, including Aunt Jemima and Bisquick.
It is the three Dorsa brothers from California who would go on to innovate commercial production of frozen waffles, which they began selling under the name Eggo in 1953. During that time manufacturers started testing the production of waffles with potato starch, which increase the stability of the waffle and protect them from sticking to the iron.
Most recently, cooking Frozen Waffles in an Air Fryer has become the recipe rage for curious cooks looking to enjoy a quick brunch dish with their new trendy kitchen gadget.
Best Frozen Waffles In Air Fryer
Take a stroll down your grocery stores freezer aisle and you’ll find many brands offering unique frozen waffle products to cook at home in your air fryer.
Eggo Waffles by Kellogs still have the largest variety on the market today, including Eggo Cinnamon Toast Waffles, Eggo Thick & Fluffy Belgian Waffles, Eggo Plus Fibre Blueberry Waffles, Eggo Buttermilk Waffles, Eggo Chocolate Chip Waffles and Eggo Strawberry Waffles.
If you’re looking for specialty frozen waffles be sure to visit the health food aisle in your grocery store where you’ll find gluten free waffles, high fibre waffles, dairy free waffles, frozen organic waffles, keto friendly waffles and more!
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
My Family Loves Frozen Waffle Breakfasts
My family is obsessed with waffles.
My father is well known for his obsession with weekend breakfast and brunch.
During a special celebration like Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas or birthdays we’d often enjoy waffles with French Toast, pancakes, bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, fruits salad and Baileys Iced Coffee.
My mom loved serving waffles as a decadent dessert, topped with scoops of ice cream, Nutella, candied nuts and chocolate or caramel sauce.
Now that we’ve upgraded our kitchen with the trendiest new gadget we love making Frozen Waffels in an Air Fryer.
Cooking Frozen Eggo Waffles in an Air Fryer is a modern day marvel for home cooks who have a penchant for serving decadent breakfasts. Air Fryers cook food much quicker and help ensure frozen waffles are crispy, moist and delicious!
How To Make Frozen Waffles In Air Fryer
Our air fryer frozen waffles recipe is so easy to make you’ll have it ready to serve in under 10 minutes!
There are two methods to making frozen Eggo waffles an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fryer frozen waffles in these machines, simply lower each waffle into the basket. Ensure the waffles aren’t crowded and don’t touch. This will ensure the waffles are crispy rather than soggy.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare frozen Eggo waffles in an air fryer at home. Simply place the waffles on the tray and watch them brown and get crispy through the glass door.
Best Toppings For Waffles
After making frozen waffles in an air fryer garnish the plate with your favourite toppings. Classic and simple toppings include cold butter and maple syrup.
Brunch and breakfast waffles can be topped with peanut butter and jam, fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Enjoy frozen Eggo waffles as a dessert by serving them with scoops of ice cream, chocolate sauce drizzle, Nutella or dulce de leche.
- Cold Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips
- Dulce De Leche
- Banana, Blueberries, Raspberry, Strawberries
- Honey, Caramel Sauce, Chocolate Sauce
- Jam or Jelly
- Chocolate Spread or Nutella
- Peanut Butter
- Ice Cream or Gelato
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipping Cream
Frozen Waffles In Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- Place the frozen waffles in one flat layer without any overlap or touching, otherwise you’ll end up with an unevenly cooked and soggy product.
- If you’re serving a small group (under 4 people) use your favourite frozen Eggo product.
- If you’re serving a large group, we suggest hosting a fun waffle brunch buffet, by purchasing a selection of Eggo waffle flavours so guests can mix and match.
- Use cold butter for the most traditional and simple breakfast recipe, slathered in maple syrup.
- We suggest serving waffles with fresh sliced banana and berries. You could also use frozen berries but be sure to thaw them overnight in a bowl so they are ready to use at breakfast.
- You can prepare healthy vegetarian waffles with fresh fruit or turn Air Fryer Eggo frozen waffles into a hearty meal by serving a stack alongside bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and hash browns.
What To Serve With Frozen Waffles In Air Fryer
If you’re serving frozen waffles at breakfast use some of our healthy topping suggestions like fresh fruit, maple syrup, peanut butter or jam and jelly.
If you’re looking to serve Air Fryer Frozen Eggo Waffles as a dessert serve a stack with chocolate chips, Nutella, nuts, whipped cream or scoops of ice cream.
You can transform simple butter and maple syrup topped breakfast waffles into a hearty first meal of the day by serving them with bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and hash browns.
If you’re hosting a large brunch for a crowd feel free to serve waffles with other popular breakfast recipes like Kardemummabullar Swedish Cardamom Buns, Breakfast Polenta Bowl, Blueberry Mango Crepes with Coconut Flour, Banana Oat Flour Pancakes, Chocolate Cherry Pancakes with Ricotta, Baileys French Toast and Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Kardemummabullar Swedish Cardamom Buns Recipe
- Healthy Breakfast Polenta Bowl Recipe
- Best Blueberry Mango Crepes with Coconut Flour
- Best Homemade Banana Oat Flour Pancakes
- Best Homemade Chocolate Cherry Pancakes with Ricotta
- Best Homemade Baileys French Toast Recipe
- How To Make Easy Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip
- Rhubarb Strawberry Dutch Baby German Pancakes
- Indian Crepes: How To Make Vegan Pudla
- How To Make Vietnamese Crepe Bánh Xèo
- Best Sourdough Discard Recipes
- Air Fryer Popcorn
Best Frozen Waffles In Air Fryer Recipe
Frozen Egg Waffles In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 4 Frozen Eggo Waffles
- Preheat air fryer to 375 F.
- Place 4 frozen waffles in the air fryer, making sure they don't touch. This ensure they get crispy rather than soggy and soft.
- Cook the frozen waffles for 2-4 minutes. You do not need to flip the waffles as the air fryer ensures air flow during the cooking process.
- Serve waffles hot with your favourite breakfast and brunch toppings.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!