Find yourself Googling, “Best Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer?”
This homemade Air Fryer Roasted Garlic recipe is one of our favourite quick & easy condiments to cook as it adds major flavour!
Our simple Air Fryer recipe takes less than 30 minutes to cook. Add pungent roasted garlic to salad dressings, mashed potatoes, creamy dips like hummus, garlic bread or as a pizza topping.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is Roasted Garlic?
The process of slowly roasting garlic changes the chemical makeup so that the plant is easier to digest. It’s a similar process to caramelizing onions.
Sometimes we want to taste the sweetness and aroma of garlic (also part of the Allium onion family) without the pungent hit. There are a couple of ways to go about this, but they both involve a common element: heat. The enzymes that trigger the reactions that create hot garlic flavour get deactivated when cooked.
Eat the caramelized roasted cloves directly out of the roasted bulb heads, or add them to pasta dishes, mash them up and spread them over toast and baked potatoes, or mix them with sour cream or hummus for a more flavourful dip.
If your stomach is sensitive to raw garlic, you may find that you can easily enjoy roasted garlic by the spoonful!
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
My Family Loves Roasted Garlic In Air Fryer
My family is obsessed with roasted garlic.
We love using roasted garlic in replacement of raw garlic in recipes as the acridness is subdued and takes on a desirable umami flavour profile.
There are so many ways to use roasted garlic in the kitchen. Mix the soft cloves into a healthy vinaigrette dressing for salads or whip them into a homemade aioli to use as a sweet potato fry dip or sandwich spread.
Now that we’ve upgraded our kitchen with the trendiest new gadget we love making Roasted Garlic in an Air Fryer.
Cooking Roasted Garlic in an Air Fryer is a modern day marvel for home cooks who have a penchant for flavourful condiments. Air Fryers cook food much quicker and help ensure roasted garlic becomes some soft you can pop cloves out of each bulb with ease.
How To Make Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
Our air fryer roasted garlic recipe is so easy to make you’ll have a sweet smelling kitchen warding off vampires in no time!
There are two methods to making roasted garlic in an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fryer roasted garlic in these machines, simply lower the tin foil package into the basket.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare roasted garlic in an air fryer at home. Simply place the tin foil wrapped garlic bulbs on the tray and watch them cook through the glass door.
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic Cooking Tips
- Use a sharp knife to slice the top of each garlic bulb. This ensures steam can escape during the cooking process.
- Drizzle the garlic bulbs with olive oil to ensure they maintain moisture when cooking. You can also substitue for canola oil or another flavourless vegetable oil.
- Wrap garlic bulbs in tin foil / aluminum foil until they appear like a bundle. Ensure the package is sealed so the steam does not escape when cooking.
- We’ve simply added salt but you can get creative by adding additional flavourings like cracked black pepper, chopped chives or other herbs like thyme or rosemary.
- Let the garlic bulbs cool in the foil package after cooking. Once they reach room temperature they are easy to push out of their casings.
- You can immediately use air fryer roasted garlic or preserve them in a mason jar topped with olive oil to use later.
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic Uses
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic are a quick & easy healthy condiment to prepare that is vegan and vegetarian friendly.
Feel free to add roasted garlic cooked in an air fryer to the following recipes:
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread In Air Fryer Recipe
- Spanish Soup Recipe: Easy Garlicky Sopa de Ajo
- Chinese Ginger Garlic Soup Recipe for Colds
- Healthy Garlic Lemon Chickpea Avocado Salad
- Garlic Boursin and Lemon Linguine with Grilled Chicken
- Best Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
- Caramelized Shallot Pasta in Cream Sauce Recipe
- Healthy Vegetarian Lebanese Eggplant Fatteh Recipe
- Healthy Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- Cheesy Vegetarian Cheddar Broccoli Almond Soup Recipe
- Spicy Szechuan Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
- Penang Prawn Noodle Soup Hokkien Mee Recipe
- Spicy Vegetarian Harissa Pasta Recipe
- Singaporean Bak Chor Mee Minced Pork Noodle Soup Recipe
- Vegetarian Roasted Pumpkin Feta Salad with Beetroot & Pine Nuts
- Creamy Parmesan Ditalini Soup Recipe
- Healthy Roasted Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Leeks in Cheese Sauce: Easy Cheesy Leeks Recipe
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- How to Make Crispy and Healthy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Swedish Sandwich Cake: Easy Homemade Smorgastarta
- Crispy Gruyere Grilled Cheese
- Homemade Lebanese Kibbeh Fried Beef Croquette Recipe
- Healthy Vegetarian Malai Kofta Recipe
- Grabong Northern Thai Pumpkin Fritter Recipe
- Best Calgary Ginger Beef Recipe
- Homemade Shrimp & Pork Vietnamese Egg Rolls
- White BBQ Turkey Sandwiches with Jalapeno and Pickles
- How To Make a Christmas and Thanksgiving Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Easy Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer Recipe
- Frozen Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer Recipe
- Easy Homemade Air Fryer Nachos Recipe
- Easy Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Popcorn
How To Make Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer Recipe
Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Aluminium Foil
- baking sheet
- measuring spoons
- 4 Garlic Bulbs
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F.
- Cut off the top of the garlic bulbs to expose the cloves.
- Place the bulbs on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap the foil into a pouch and place in an air fryer basket.
- Roast garlic 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove foil pouch from air fryer, cool for 3-5 minutes, then open and remove bulbs. Cool to room temperature.
- Using a butter knife or a small spoon, pop the cloves out of the shell.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!