Find yourself Googling, “Best Garlic Bread In Air Fryer?”
Our Air Fryer Garlic Bread recipe is one of our favourite quick & easy homemade snacks to bake when a craving for carbs and cheese hits!
Our simple Air Fryer recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and cook. It features common pantry ingredients like butter, garlic, artisanal bread, mozzarella cheese and herbs.
Save this story to Pinterest!
History of Garlic Bread
Garlic bread (also known as garlic toast) consists of bread (usually a baguette or sourdough like a ciabatta), topped with garlic and olive oil or butter and may include additional herbs, such as parsley or chives. It is then grilled or broiled until toasted or baked in a conventional or bread oven.
Traditional old school garlic bread is simple, featuring slices of crusty Italian bread slathered in a mixture of butter and freshly minced garlic. Gourmet options were later introduced, inspired by bruschetta, topped with melted cheeses like mozzarella, provolone, parmesan or cheddar.
Most recently, cooking Air Fryer Garlic Bread has become the recipe rage for curious cooks looking to enjoy a quick snack or side dish with their new trendy kitchen gadget.
My Family Loves Garlic Bread
My family is obsessed with garlic bread.
My father is well known for his obsession with carbs, cheese and everything garlic. Homemade Garlic Bread was a common dish my parents served during busy weeks when last minute dinners were all the rage.
We often enjoyed garlic bread served with Prego sauced pasta for dinner whenever we drove to our cottage in Muskoka for the weekend. We’d leave our home in Oakville right after school on Friday and arrive to the cottage starving (especially if the traffic through Barrie was bumper to bumper).
My mom loved making pasta with garlic bread the night we arrived at the cottage as it was a quick & easy brainless meal that satisfied everyone in the family.
Now that we’ve upgraded our kitchen with the trendiest new gadget we love making Air Fryer Garlic Bread.
Cooking Garlic Bread in an Air Fryer is a modern day marvel for home cooks who have a penchant for serving American Italian feasts. Air Fryers cook food much quicker and help ensure cheesy garlic bread is both crispy and delicious!
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
How To Make Garlic Bread In An Air Fryer
Our air fryer garlic bread recipe is so easy to make you’ll have it ready to serve in under 10 minutes!
There are two methods to making garlic bread in an air fryer, which depend on the style of air fryer you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fryer garlic bread in these machines, simply prepare each slice of bread and gently lower them into the basket. Ensure the slices aren’t crowded and don’t touch. This will ensure the bread and cheese get crispy not soggy.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare cheesy air fryer garlic bread at home. Simply place the garlic bread slices on the tray and watch the cheese melt while watching through the glass door.
Garlic Bread In Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- Place the slices of bread in one flat layer without any overlap or touching, otherwise you’ll end up with unevenly cooked garlic bread.
- Use softened butter for the most authentic garlic bread. You can also substitute for olive oil or margarine if that’s your preference.
- Use freshly minced garlic for the best flavour or whatever is in your house, like a jar of pureed garlic or garlic powder / garlic salt.
- We suggest using artisanal bread for the best mouthfeel (like homemade sourdough slices, ciabatta or baguette). You can use store bought sandwich bread but the texture will be more soggy and soft.
- We always use mozzarella for cheesy air fryer garlic bread as it melts well and is so stringy. You can use factory made bricks of mozzarella and shred them at home or get all fancy and slice fresh mozzarellas like bocconcini, fior di latte or burrata.
Garlic Bread Ingredients
Our simple garlic bread recipe features just 5 ingredients.
- Sliced Bread: we suggest using homemade sourdough bread, baguette or ciabatta. You want a crunchy exterior and soft interior so avoid Wonderbread!
- Butter: take butter out of your fridge an hour before you’re preparing your meal so it softens to room temperature and is easy to spread on each slice of bread. If you’re in a rush you can soften it in the microwave by heating it for a few seconds.
- Garlic: we suggest mincing your own fresh garlic at home. Pureed garlic sold in jars tend to taste slightly acrid. If you’re being super simple you can also use garlic powder or garlic salt as a substitute.
- Cheese: we suggest using shredded mozzarella cheese as it’s traditional. You can also grate or shred other cheeses that melt well like aged cheddar, fontina, asiago, parmesan, gouda, gruyere or Garlic Boursin.
- Herbs: lightly sprinkle the top of each bread slice with chopped parsley, chives or oregano.
Garlic Bread Toppings
Since the history of garlic bread has its roots in Italian bruschetta, you might enjoy having fun by adding additional toppings for a gourmet snack experience.
You can easily transform this simple side dish into a light lunch or hearty midday snack by adding:
- Crumbled Bacon
- Caramelized Onions
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Sliced Fresh Figs
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Sliced Olives
- Marinated Artichokes
- Pickled Peppers
What To Serve With Garlic Bread
Air Fryer Garlic Bread can be enjoyed as a snack on its own, glammed up with gourmet toppings for a hearty lunch or as a side dish to an Italian American dinner.
For a healthy meal we suggest cooking Garlic Bread in an Air Fryer and serving it with fresh salads like Roasted Pumpkin Feta Salad, Roasted Beetroot Salad, Warm Orzo Lemon Salad, Canadian Salad, Garlic Lemon Chickpea Avocado Salad, Cherry Pecan Kale Salad or Fennel, Apple, Celery and Roasted Hazelnut Salad.
Add a stew or broth to your meal by making one of the Most Popular Soups in the World such as Flädlesuppe German Pancake Soup, Romanian Soup Ciorba de Perisoare, Fakes Soupa Greek Lentil Soup, Ogorkowa Polish Dill Pickle Soup, Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup, Cheesy Vegetarian Cheddar Broccoli Almond Soup, Vegetarian Parsnip and Pear Soup, Spanish Garlicky Sopa de Ajo, Creamy Parmesan Ditalini Soup, Roasted Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup or Vegetarian French Onion Soup.
After dinner why not dazzle your guests with one of our popular desserts such as Oat Flour Cookies with Chocolate Chips, Dark Chocolate Lindt Lindor Cookies, Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes Recipe, Cinnamon Babka For Chocolate Lovers, Rhubarb Strawberry Dutch Baby, Jordgubbstårta Swedish Strawberry Cake and Chocolate Chip Caramel Banana Nut Ice Cream.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- How To Make Gourmet Holiday Snack Mix
- Homemade Baked Chicken Cracklings
- Guasacaca Venezuelan Guacamole
- Keto Spinach Dip
- Healthy Vegan Melitzanosalata Greek Eggplant Dip
- Velveeta Cheese Dip Mexican Queso
- Kiymali Pide Spiced Minced Meat Turkish Pizza
- Swedish Sandwich Cake Smorgastarta Recipe
- Kardemummabullar Swedish Cardamom Buns
- Crispy Gruyere Grilled Cheese
- Best Sourdough Discard Recipes
- How To Make Jewish Cinnamon Babka For Chocolate Lovers
- Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
- Air Fryer Popcorn
Best Easy Garlic Bread In Air Fryer Recipe
Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Bread Knife
- Small Bowl
- French knife
- 4 Slices Ciabatta or Sourdough Bread
- 4 tbsp Butter softened
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp Parsley finely chopped
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350 F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together softened butter, minced garlic, salt & pepper with a small spoon.
- Use the back of the spoon to spread garlic butter mixture onto each slice of bread. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Sprinkle each bread slice evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Place bread slices on a baking tray and bake in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve hot!
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!