Find yourself Googling, “Best Frozen Burgers in Air Fryer?”
Our Air Fryer Frozen Burgers recipe is one of our favourite quick & easy homemade meals to cook when a craving for barbecue and juicy meat hits!
Our simple Air Fryer recipe takes less than 15 minutes to prepare and cook.
We suggest using traditional burger ingredients such as a cooked beef patty, hamburger bun, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, pickles, onions, lettuce, crispy bacon and cheese slices.
Save this story to Pinterest!
History of Burgers
The hamburger first appeared in the 19th or early 20th century.
The modern hamburger was a product of the culinary needs of a society rapidly changing due to industrialization and the emergence of the working class and middle class with the resulting demand for mass-produced, affordable food that could be consumed outside of the home.
Culinary historians suggest that either the Texas, USA or Germany (via the port city of Hamburg) was the first place where two slices of bread and a ground beef steak were combined into a “hamburger sandwich” and sold.
We like to believe the German tale speaks the truth. Minced meat was a delicacy in medieval cuisine as red meat was usually restricted to the higher classes. Russian ships brought recipes for steak tartare to the port of Hamburg during the 17th-century.
During the first half of the 19th-century, most northern European immigrants traveling to the New World departed from Hamburg’s port. New York City was a common destination for ships traveling from Hamburg, and various restaurants offered Hamburg-style steaks to attract German sailors. The steak frequently appeared on menus as a Hamburg-style American fillet.
Shortly after its creation, the hamburger quickly included its typical trimmings such as onions, lettuce, and sliced pickles.
Best Frozen Burgers in Air Fryer
Take a stroll down your grocery store freezer aisle and you’ll find many brands offering unique frozen burger products to cook at home in your air fryer.
In the US popular frozen burgers include Costco, Mount Pleasant, Omaha Steaks, Ball Park, Applegate and Meal Mark brands.
If you’re looking for specialty frozen burgers be sure to visit the health food aisle in your grocery store where you’ll find gluten free burgers, frozen organic burgers, keto friendly burgers, vegan and vegetarian friendly Beyond Meat burgers and more!
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
My Family Loves Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
My family is obsessed with eating juicy homemade burgers.
During the warmer months of the year, he’d light up the barbecue and grill beef burgers for dinner paired with fresh salads and deep fried side dishes like french fries, sweet potato fries or onion rings.
Now that we’ve upgraded our kitchen with the trendiest new gadget we love making Frozen Burgers in an Air Fryer.
Cooking Frozen Burgers in an Air Fryer is a modern day marvel for home cooks who have a penchant for serving decadent hamburger or cheeseburger feasts. Air Fryers cook food much quicker and help ensure frozen burger patties are crispy, moist and delicious!
How To Make Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
Our air fryer frozen burger recipe is so easy to make you’ll have it ready to serve in under 20 minutes!
There are two methods to making frozen burgers in an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fryer frozen burgers in these machines, simply lower each patty into the basket. Ensure the burgers aren’t crowded and don’t touch. This will ensure the waffles are crispy and uniformly cooked.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare frozen burgers in an air fryer at home. Simply place the burger patties on the tray and watch them brown and get crispy through the glass door.
Best Burger Toppings
We love serving Air Fryer Burgers as an easy DIY dinner buffet idea, whether your ingredients are simple or gourmet.
- Barbecue Sauce
- Relish and Pickles
- Sliced Onion and Caramelized Onions
- Bacon Strips
- Cheddar, Gruyere, Gouda, Blue Cheese
Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- Place the frozen burger patties in one flat layer without any overlap or touching, otherwise you’ll end up with an unevenly cooked and potentially soggy product.
- You can make simple frozen burgers in an air fryer by putting the patties directly into the machine. Or use our recipe below to incorporate flavourful seasonings to the meat.
- We love serving homemade burgers as a fun DIY dinner idea for a crowd. Kids love making burgers with lots of toppings to choose from at birthday parties.
- You can cook frozen or fresh burgers in an air fryer, just be sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure the interior of the meat is safe to eat before serving.
- If you want to make cheeseburgers in an air fryer, cook the frozen burgers and 1 minute before removing them place a slice of cheese onto so they melt over the meat.
What To Serve With Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
Air Fryer Burgers are a quick & easy lunch or dinner to prepare last minute and can be simply enjoyed alone or with nachos, chips or carrots and celery.
We love serving this frozen burgers in air fryer recipe with homemade healthy salads like Vegetarian Lebanese Eggplant Fatteh, Citrus “Rojak” Singapore Salad, Roasted Pumpkin Feta Salad with Beetroot & Pine Nuts, Roasted Beetroot Salad with Grapefruit, Canadian Salad, Cajun Spicy Chorizo Corn Salad, Cherry Pecan Kale Salad, or Garlic Lemon Chickpea Avocado Salad.
After dinner why not dazzle your guests with one of our popular desserts such as Oat Flour Cookies with Chocolate Chips, Dark Chocolate Lindt Lindor Cookies, Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes Recipe, Cinnamon Babka For Chocolate Lovers, Rhubarb Strawberry Dutch Baby or Jordgubbstårta Swedish Strawberry Cake.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- How to Make Crispy and Healthy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Swedish Sandwich Cake: Easy Homemade Smorgastarta
- Crispy Gruyere Grilled Cheese
- Peynirli Pide Cheesy Chorizo Turkish Pizza Recipe
- Kiymali Pide Spiced Minced Meat Turkish Pizza Recipe
- White BBQ Turkey Sandwiches with Jalapeno and Pickles
- How To Make a Christmas and Thanksgiving Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Best Sourdough Discard Recipes
- Air Fryer Popcorn
Best Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer Recipe
Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Bread Knife
- French knife
- 2 Frozen Hamburger Patties
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350 F.
- Place frozen burger patties into the basket or tray of your air fryer.
- Sprinkle the top of each frozen burger with salt, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Cook the frozen burgers in your air fryer for 8-10 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the patty to ensure even cooking. The internal temperature of a medium rare burger should measure 145 F.
- When the air fryer is finished cooking your burgers, feel free to add a slice of your favourite cheese and continue cooking for an additional 30 seconds to melt.
- Remove cooked hamburgers from the air fryer and place on a bun, adding your favourite toppings and condiments.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!