Oat Flour Cookies, simultaneously chewy and crunchy, are the perfect late night snack or decadent dessert.
Looking for the best Oat Flour Cookies recipe? Our gluten-free cookies are made with nutritious oat flour, oats, eggs, peanut butter and walnuts.
Purchase oat flour at the grocery store or make your own quick and easy gluten free flour at home. We’ll show you how!
We suggest serving these gluten-free cookies as a snack all on their own or as an ice cream sandwich, smushed between your favourite gelato.
Save this story to Pinterest!
My Family Loves Chocolate Chip Oat Flour Cookies
My family loves crunchy and chewy Oat Flour Cookies.
My family are Scottish so have an affinity for any recipes featuring oatmeal. My father is obsessed with peanut butter, slathering Jif every morning on his sourdough English Muffins or Bagels at breakfast. My mother is a big fan of chocolate, toffee and nuts and I love the subtle festive spice thanks to ground nutmeg and cinnamon.
This quick and easy gluten-free cookie recipe can be made in under an hour, perfect for celebrating special celebrations like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Easter, Christmas holidays or a special birthday.
Many of my family and friends rank this recipe as the best oat flour cookies they’ve ever tasted. The combination of oat flour, eggs, vanilla extract, butter and brown sugar offer a desirable chewy texture. The addition of rolled oats, chopped walnuts, chocolate chips and Skor Toffee ensure a yummy contrasting crunch.
We suggest doubling the recipe and storing leftover Oat Flour Cookies in a Ziplock bag in your freezer to enjoy later. You can also portion out the raw dough and store it in the freezer. Whenever you have an impromptu cookie craving simply place a few balls of frozen cookie dough on a baking sheet and bake straight from the freezer. The chocolate and oat perfume that will waft through your kitchen is divine!
Easy Gluten-Free Cookies
We love baking cookies at home.
Our favourite gluten free recipes use rice flour, chickpea flour or oat flour. Popular gluten free recipes include Blueberry Mango Crepes with Coconut Flour, Banana Oat Flour Pancakes, Baked Chicken Cracklings, Indian Chickpea Flour Vegan Pudla, Vietnamese Crepe Bánh Xèo, Keto Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Keto Spinach Dip.
After doing a lot of recipe testing, we’re confident the best gluten free cookies are made with oat flour. Oat flour gives the cookies a moist and chewy texture. By adding rolled oats, toffee, coconut, chocolate chips and chopped nuts we add an additional layer of crunch.
How to Make Homemade Oat Flour
You can easily purchase oat flour at your local grocery store or bulk food store. If you have a blender or food processor at home, save your money and make oat flour in your kitchen in less than a minute!
Oat flour is simply rolled oats or oatmeal ground into a fine flour. This easy one-ingredient recipe simply requires you to transform whole oats into a soft ground flour.
We suggest filling your blender or food processor with oats until half full. Blend on medium high until all of the oats have been broken down into a soft flour. You can store oat flour in an airtight container in your cupboard or ziplock bag in the freezer.
Best Chocolate For Oat Flour Cookies
If you’re a chocolate lover you’ll love our easy Oat Flour Cookie recipe.
It goes without saying, the higher quality chocolate you use in this recipe the better. We prefer to use dark chocolate chunks or chips as the bitterness in the higher cocoa butter content contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the batter.
If you have different chocolate preferences you can easily substitute for milk chocolate or white chocolate chips. Butterscotch chips or mint chocolate chips also taste yummy and work well during the festive season. Perhaps smash a few candy canes and add the mint flavoured pieces to your batter for a potluck Christmas party?
Tips For Baking Gluten Free Cookies
Baking is a science so be sure to measure all of your ingredients accurately and sift the dry ingredients so you don’t find yourself munching on any balls of bitter baking soda.
If you want to make basic Oat Flour Cookie batter simply omit the chocolate chips, coconut, toffee and walnuts. Once you are happy with the simple oat flour cookie recipe you can test additional ingredients to add new flavours and textures.
We love using chopped walnuts but you could also substitute for peanuts, pecans or hazelnuts. You can also opt to make these Oat Flour Cookies nut free, by omitting the peanut butter and walnuts. Be sure to replace the peanut butter with additional butter to ensure a creamy batter consistency.
We’ve used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to make large cookies. Typically 6 fit cookies on a large baking sheet. If you have small kids at home or are looking to snack in smaller portions feel free to use a 1/4 cup measuring scoop for a tinier tasty snack option.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Old School Cheese and Onion Pie Recipe
- Best Blueberry Mango Crepes with Coconut Flour
- Best Homemade Banana Oat Flour Pancakes
- Best Homemade Apple Fritter Muffins Recipe
- Best Homemade Sticky Toffee Banana and Date Muffins
- Best Homemade Savoury Pickle Pie
- Best Homemade Cheese Bacon Muffins
- Best Dark Chocolate Lindt Lindor Cookies
- Best Healthy Homemade Banana Carrot Muffins
- Best Homemade Blueberry Earl Grey Muffins
- Best Sourdough Discard Recipes
- Best Homemade Chocolate Cherry Pancakes with Ricotta
- Best Easy Homemade Cheddar Apple Muffins Recipe
- Best Homemade Baileys French Toast Recipe
- Best Healthy Homemade Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Best Homemade Mini Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Easy Homemade Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes Recipe
- Homemade Raincoast Crisps: Healthy Fibre Crackers Recipe
- How To Make Jewish Cinnamon Babka For Chocolate Lovers
- Best Nuts and Bolts Recipe: How To Make Gourmet Holiday Snack Mix
- How To Make Festive Christmas Mincemeat Muffins with Hazelnuts
- How To Make Healthy High Fiber Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Best Oat Flour Chocolate Chips Cookies
Oat Flour Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Electric mixer
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- Baking sheets
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/4 cups Oat Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Dried Coconut
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cups Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Skor Toffee Bits
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with non-stick mats.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and brown sugar together until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and egg.
- Stir in oat flour, whole oats, coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add chocolate chips, walnuts and Skor Toffee Bits. Mix until combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake Oat Flour Cookies in preheated oven until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!