I first prepared a rendition of this creamy pasta recipe back in university when my fridge was half empty and I was craving carbs. I had a bag of pasta in my cupboard, a few lemons lying around, block of gruyere and unopened box of Garlic and Fine Herb Boursin.
Over the years I’ve tweaked the recipe and now whip this crowd pleaser up whenever I have a last minute guest coming over for dinner. If you’re a fan of the classic Fettuccini Alfredo you’ll want to add this recipe to your must-master list. As you indulge in the first forkful you’ll find bliss as steaming noodles offer the enticing aroma of lemon, garlic, white wine, creamy cheese, and barbecued chicken.
Garlic Boursin and Lemon Linguini with Grilled Chicken and Gruyere
- 4 chicken breasts
- 400 g linguini
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic and fine herb boursin
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- zest from one lemon
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup gruyere shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast chicken breasts on the barbecue and let rest in the kitchen.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook linguini until al dente. Strain before adding to your sauce.
- In a large saucepan add butter, chicken stock, cream and white wine, stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes until slightly reduced. Add lemon zest and juice, whisking together to incorporate fully. Add boursin cheese and stir for 2-3 minutes until fully incorporated into your sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate pasta into bowls, topped with thinly sliced chicken and top with shredded gruyere cheese.