One of our favourite leftover turkey recipes is the classic Turkey Cranberry Sandwich. Our classic turkey and cranberry sandwich is an easy way to use up leftover roast turkey and popular side dishes served during the holidays. It’s our favourite lunch to enjoy the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
There’s nothing more satisfying than transforming holiday leftovers into an even more delicious round-two meal.
Turkey dressing sandwiches are easy to make for a large group of people. It’s one of the most popular dishes to prepare on Boxing Day as it utilizes leftovers in your fridge the day after you’ve roasted a Christmas turkey. Roasted turkey sandwiches are best served when you’ve got family visiting over the holidays. You can easily put together roasted turkey sandwiches for a crowd in under 10 minutes. Or, set up your leftovers on the counter and encourage guests to build their own turkey cranberry sandwiches. Make sure you’ve got a few bottles of craft beer in the fridge. Or serve alongside a glass of your favourite dry Riesling or oaked Charonnay.
How To Make a Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
Remove all of your holiday side dishes from the fridge and create an assembly line on your kitchen counter. Slather the bottom hamburger bun with pureed butternut squash and the top bun with cranberry sauce. The interior of this holiday sandwich is filled with Christmas stuffing and sliced turkey. Before squeezing both buns together be sure to drizzle with warm gravy. Serve alongside a fresh salad and chips.
TIP: you can add additional flavour and moisture to your roasted turkey sandwich by mixing cranberry sauce with mayonnaise. In a small bowl add 1/2 cup mayonnaise to 1/2 cup cranberry sauce. Whisk cranberry mayonnaise together until fully incorporated. Slather on the top hamburger bun of your sandwich and enjoy!
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- White BBQ Turkey Sandwiches with Jalapeno and Pickles
- Piri Piri Carrot and Sweet Pepper Soup with Bulgar
- Kale, Leek, Bean, Orzo and Pumpkin Soup with Pecan Pesto
- Homemade Raincoast Crisps: Healthy Fibre Crackers Recipe
Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- 1 hamburger bun
- 200 g cooked turkey sliced
- 1/4 cup turkey stuffing
- 1/4 cup butternut squash puree
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 3 tbsp turkey gravy
- Slather the bottom of your hamburger bun with pureed butternut squash.
- Top with stuffing and slices of roasted turkey.
- Drizzle warm turkey gravy over the sandwich.
- Slather the top bun with cranberry sauce, rest over your turkey sandwich and enjoy!