Frozen Air Fryer Samosas are our favourite Indian snack or appetizer to make at home.
Our quick & easy Frozen Samosa recipe can be cooked in an air fryer in under 15 minutes!
This simple 2 ingredient air fryer recipe features frozen store bought samosas and sweet or spicy Indian chutney for dipping.
We love serving crispy Air Fryer Samosas as a finger food snack at parties or as an appetizer at Indian-themed dinner parties.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Are Samosas?
Samosas are a fried or baked pastry with a savoury filling, including ingredients such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas, chicken and other meats. It may take different forms, including triangular, cone, or half-moon shapes, depending on the region it is made.
Samosas are often accompanied by a sweet or spicy chutney for dipping. They are a popular vegetarian and vegan entrée, appetizer, or snack in the local cuisines of South Asia, the Middle East, and East Africa. Due to emigration from these areas, samosas today are prepared and enjoyed all over the world.
If you call yourself gourmet you can make homemade samosas in your deep fryer, air fryer or oven.
If you own an air fryer and are short on time prepare our quick & easy Air Fryer Samosas recipe using your favourite frozen store bought Indian savoury pastries.
Join Dobbernationloves founder Andrew Dobson in the kitchen by signing up for a fun virtual cooking class! Classes begin with a cocktail that you can sip while preparing 2-3 recipes that are curated around a unique culinary theme. Check out our current Cooking Class Schedule!
Best Frozen Samosa Brands
Take a stroll down your grocery store freezer aisle and you’ll find many brands offering frozen samosas to cook at home in your air fryer.
In the US and Canada popular frozen samosa brands include Costco, Trader Joe’s, Walmart, Whole Foods, Our Compliments and President’s Choice.
Frozen Samosas can also be purchased in the freezer section of Indian or South Asian grocery stores as well as mainstream supermarkets.
If you’re looking for specialty frozen samosas be sure to visit the health food aisle in your grocery store where you’ll find gluten free samosas, frozen organic samosas, keto friendly samosas, vegan and vegetarian samosas and more!
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
Travel to India by Cooking Air Fryer Samosas at Home
I love traveling through Asia.
My first visit to Asia had me living in South Korea for a year as a teacher and it’s where I was first introduced to fermented vegetables like kimchi.
After my contract ended in Seoul I travelled throughout Asia for 6 months, visiting the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, The Maldives and India.
I spent over a month traveling through India. I started in the capital, eating my way through the bustling markets and fine dining restaurants in Delhi. I then embarked on a magical weekend getaway to awe-inspiring Taj Mahal in Agra. In India’s north you’ll find plenty of barbecue and wheat based side dishes like scorched naan bread.
For the second half of my Indian adventure I explored the southern state of Kerala. The south is famous for its seafood, coconut, tropical fruits, and rice based side dishes like crispy dosa and Thakkali Biryani. The colonial capital of Cochin was formerly run by the Portuguese. It’s also one of the only places in India you can find beef on a menu.
After enjoying a jaunt to the Maldives my India trip came to a close in the Bollywood capital, bustling and cosmopolitan Mumbai. The city is famous for its specialty street foods and fine dining restaurants at opulent luxury hotels. The Taj Mahal Palace in particular serves one of the world’s most famous Afternoon Teas.
What I found most fascinating is India’s distinct regional food cultures. Much like the regional cuisines found in France, Germany, Italy or Spain, each city in India had its own local speciality.
If India has one culinary consistency it is the nation’s love for crispy samosas. You can order them at local restaurants from the tropical beaches of Goa to the mountainous peaks of the northern himalayas.
After you’ve traveled to India, return home to prepare a fragrant feast for friends and family featuring these quick and easy Air Fryer Samosas!
My Family Loves Cooking Samosa in Air Fryer
My family loves Indian food! We crave the fragrant spices and fresh flavours of unique regional South Asian cuisines.
In Toronto we’ve visited some of the city’s best Indian restaurants including Udupi Palace, Lahore Tikka House and Kothur Indian Cuisine.
At home we like to recreate our favourite restaurant-style Indian dishes such as curries, salads and soups.
Whenever we dine out at an Indian restaurant we always start the meal with a selection of crispy samosas and pakoras.
Now that we’ve upgraded our kitchen with the trendiest new gadget we love making Frozen Samosa in an Air Fryer.
Air Fryers cook food much quicker than a traditional oven and help ensure samosas have a crispy exterior and moist and tender interior.
Samosas cooked at a restaurant are typically deep fried, so this Air Fryer Samosas recipe has the same great taste and texture with significantly less fat.
How To Make Frozen Samosa in Air Fryer
Our air fryer recipe is so easy to make you’ll have it ready to serve in under 15 minutes!
There are two methods to making frozen samosa in an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fryer Samosas in these machines, simply lower the frozen pastries into the basket. They shouldn’t be crowded or touching. This will ensure the samosas are crispy and not soggy.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare frozen samosa in an air fryer at home. Simply place the samosas on the tray and watch them brown and get crispy through the glass door.
You May Also Enjoy These Air Fryer Recipes…
- Air Fryer Popcorn Recipe
- Cheesy Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Nachos Recipe
- Frozen Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer
- Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
- Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Fingers Tenders & Strips In Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Smoky BBQ Bone In Air Fryer Pork Ribs
- Seasoned Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- Viral TikTok Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Crispy Air Fried Cornish Hen
- Cheesy Bacon Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Healthy Vegan Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
Air Fryer Samosas Recipe Cooking Tips
If it’s your first time making an Air Fried Samosa recipe review our cooking tips to ensure a mouth-watering pastry.
- Place the frozen samosas in one flat layer without any overlap or touching, otherwise you’ll end up with an unevenly cooked and potentially soggy pastry.
- Lightly mist the samosas with cooking spray to ensure they get extra crispy when cooking.
- You can cook frozen or fresh samosas in an air fryer. If the pastries have thawed reduce the total cooking time by a few minutes and be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Be sure to flip the samosas during the cooking process to ensure both sides cook evenly.
- The Air Fryer cooking time can vary by appliance as well as the size of the samosas you are cooking. Smaller samosas require less time so be sure to keep an eye on them when cooking to avoid burning.
- Serve samosas with fresh cilantro and your favourite Indian chutney. Our families favourites are cilantro chutney and mango chutney.
- If you have leftover cooked samosas store them in the fridge and reheat them in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes until crispy.
What To Serve With Easy Air Fryer Samosas
Air Fryer Samosas are a quick & easy snack or appetizer traditionally served with a dipping sauce like cilantro or mango chutney.
We love making this Frozen Air Fryer Samosa recipe at Indian-themed dinner parties. Serve them as a pre-dinner snack or as an appetizer at a potluck or buffet.
You may also enjoy these Indian recipes…
- Healthy Vegetarian Indian Paneer Tikka Salad
- Aloo Fry Vegetarian Indian Turmeric Potatoes
- Warm Indian Vegan Sprouted Mung Bean Salad
- Curry Leaf Rice with Cashews
- Vegan Thakkali Tomato Biryani
- Chanachur Chivda Bombay Mixture Namkeen
- Parippu Vada Recipe With Coconut Chutney
- Tomato Chutney For Dosa Recipe
- Pitod Ki Sabji Vegetarian Indian Chickpea Dumplings
- Vegetarian Malai Kofta
- Chingri Malai Curry Bengali Coconut Prawns
- Pepper Milagu Rasam Vegan South Indian Soup
- Creamy Vegetarian Indian Paneer Soup
- Chicken Manchow Soup Recipe
- Turmeric Pumpkin Spice Indian Cake
- Indian Onion Salad
- Chicken Shahi Korma
- Vegetarian Shahi Paneer
- Indian Crepes Pudla Recipe
How To Make Frozen Air Fryer Samosas
Easy Air Fryer Samosas
- Air Fryer
- Spatula Flipper
- 250 g Frozen Samosas
- 1/2 tsp Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Mango Chutney
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 F.
- Place the frozen samosas into the air fryer basket, spray with cooking spray on all sides.
- Place basket in the air fryer and cook for 12 minutes.
- Flip the samosas and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. They are finished cooking once the samosas are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve Air Fryer Samosas with your favourite Indian chutney.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!