Can you cook frozen Cavendish Hash Browns in an air fryer? Absolutely, it’s so easy!
Crispy Air Fryer Hash Browns are one of our favourite quick & easy side dishes to serve at breakfast or brunch. Follow our simple recipe for air fried hash browns and you’ll enjoy perfectly browned and crispy breakfast shredded tater patties every morning you have a craving!
Our simple brunch recipe takes only a few minutes to cook because it uses frozen store bought hash brown patties by Cavendish Farms.
You can serve Air Fryer Hash Browns as a vegetarian or vegan snack with ketchup or your favourite healthy dips. Or if you’re catering to carnivores frozen hash brown patties cooked in an air fryer make for the perfect side dish on a breakfast plate alongside eggs, baked beans, bacon, sausage and fresh fruit.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Are Hash Browns?
The word “hash” is derived from the French word hacher which means to hack or chop. This means hashed browned potatoes literally translate to “chopped and fried potatoes”.
Originally, the full name of the dish was “hashed brown potatoes,” of which the first known mention is by American food author Maria Parloa in her 1887 Kitchen Companion. She described the dish of “hashed and browned potatoes” as a fried mixture of cold boiled potatoes which is folded “like an omelet” before serving.
Modern Hash Browns first started appearing on breakfast menus in New York City in the 1890s. They’re now a staple breakfast food at diners in North America, where they are often fried on a large griddle cooktop or grill. They’re often compared to the popular Swiss dish called Rosti.
While hash browns can be enjoyed freshly made at a breakfast restaurant, they are also a popular mass-produced food product sold at grocery stores in the freezer aisle.
What’s The Difference Between Hash Browns, Home Fries & French Fries?
Homemade hash browns are traditionally shredded potatoes that are pan fried until golden brown and crispy.
American home fries are pan-fried potatoes cut into small cubes or slices, fried in butter and often sauteed with onions, peppers, and a medley of savoury seasonings like chili powder and herbs.
French fries are made by peeling the raw potatoes and cutting them into long, thin strips then deep frying.
Cavendish Farms makes our favourite frozen hash brown patties, which are sold in the freezer aisle of your grocery store and can be cooked in an oven, convection oven, toaster oven or air fryer.
We love to cook Air Fryer Hash Browns because it requires less oil then deep frying so is a healthier option. Air fried hash browns also take less time to cook so you can have a hearty breakfast on the table in just minutes!
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
My Family Loves Cooking Hash Browns In Air Fryer
My family loves feasting on a decadent weekend brunch.
Some of my fondest brunch memories took place at our family cottage in Muskoka when I was growing up. In the summer months we’d forage for berries and indulge in a proper Canadian breakfast spread.
In the US and Canada family’s love to indulge in weekend brunch. The most common breakfast items on the plate are eggs (fried, scrambled or poached), crispy bacon, sausage, toast, fresh fruit, and crispy potatoes (either home fries or hash browns).
Now that I’ve upgraded my kitchen with the trendiest new gadget I love making hash browns in an air fryer at home.
Cooking Frozen Hash Browns in an Air Fryer is a modern day marvel for home cooks who have a penchant for making quick & easy recipes. Air Fryers cook food much quicker than an oven and help ensure hash brown patties are cooked to to perfection, crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside.
How To Make Frozen Hash Browns In Air Fryer
Our air fryer home fries recipe is so easy to make you’ll have it ready to serve in just minutes!
There are two methods to making frozen hash browns in an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fryer Hash Browns in these machines, simply place the hash brown patties into the basket. Ensure they are organized in one layer and aren’t crowded or touching. This will ensure they are crispy and uniformly cooked.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare air fried hash browns in your kitchen. Simply place them on the air fryer tray in a single layer and watch them brown and get crispy through the glass door.
Frozen Cavendish Hash Browns Recipe Cooking Tips
- Do not thaw frozen Cavendish Farms hash brown patties before air frying. The times and temperatures in this recipe are intended for a frozen product being cooked straight out of the freezer.
- Place the hash brown patties in one flat layer without any overlap or touching, otherwise you’ll end up with an unevenly cooked and potentially soggy product.
- Air fryer brands and models differ in their heating abilities and air flow abilities. The timing is approximate in this recipe but be sure to remove the hash browns once they are browned and crispy to ensure they do not overcook or burn.
- You can serve air fryer hash browns as a snack with ketchup or other healthy dips. Suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
- For a traditional breakfast plate we like to serve Cavendish Farms hash brown patties with eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and fresh fruit.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Hash Browns
Hash Browns cooked in an air fryer are a quick & easy snack or breakfast side dish to cook last minute in the morning.
The most popular way to serve hash browns is as a starchy side dish on a decadent breakfast plate. We like to serve them with eggs (poached, scrambled or fried), baked beans, crispy bacon, maple sausage and fresh seasonal fruit.
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage
- Frozen Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer
- Healthy Breakfast Polenta Bowl
- Korean Strawberry Milk Recipe
- Roasted Garlic Gruyere French Tomato Tart
- Healthy Baked Keto Pork Sausage Stuffed Apples
- Southern Smoked Baked Beans with Bacon
- Blueberry Lemon Muffin Tops
- Vegan Buckwheat Gluten Free Porridge
- Homemade Sourdough French Toast
- Healthy Breakfast Polenta Bowl
- Blueberry Mango Crepes with Coconut Flour
- Banana Oat Flour Pancakes
- Chocolate Cherry Pancakes with Ricotta
You May Also Enjoy These Air Fryer Recipes…
- Spicy Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Frozen Air Fryer Dumplings, Potstickers, Gyoza
- Crispy Healthy Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Crispy Seasoned Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Frozen Air Fryer Samosas
- Chili Garlic Frozen Shrimp in Air Fryer Recipe
- Tender Juicy Air Fryer Filet Mignon Recipe
- Healthy Vegan Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
- Cheesy Bacon Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Easy Crispy Air Fried Cornish Hen
- Viral TikTok Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Smoky BBQ Bone In Air Fryer Pork Ribs
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Easy Seasoned Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- Easy Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Easy Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Fingers Tenders & Strips In Air Fryer
- Easy Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
How To Make Frozen Cavendish Hash Browns In Air Fryer
Cavendish Frozen Air Fryer Hash Browns Recipe
- Air Fryer
- Spatula Flipper
- 600 g Cavendish Hash Brown Patties
- Preheat air fryer to 450F.
- Place a single layer of frozen hash brown patties in an air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes then remove the basket and using a spatula flipper, flip the patties and return to the air fryer for an additional 4-5 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve hot with your favourite breakfast items like eggs, bacon, sausage, toast and fresh fruit.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!