Learn how to make the best Frozen Air Fryer Dumplings, Potstickers and Gyoza!
This Air Fryer Dumpling recipe is one of our favourite quick & easy snacks to serve at an Asian themed dinner party as a snack or appetizer. Perfectly cooked air fried dumplings are crunchy and crispy on the outside and tender and steaming hot on the inside.
This simple recipe takes under 15 minutes to prepare because it uses frozen store bought dumplings, gyoza or potstickers rather than homemade. We tested this air fryer recipe with Pork & Vegetable Potstickers but you can use any dumpling you prefer, from seafood potstickers to vegan or vegetarian gyoza!
We suggest serving Frozen Air Fryer Dumplings with a selection of Asian sauces for dipping like plum sauce, sweet and sour sauce, sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce or soy sauce.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is The Difference Between Dumplings, Potstickers and Gyoza?
Dumplings are a broad class of dishes that consist of pieces of dough wrapped around a filling. The dough can be based on bread, flour, buckwheat or potatoes, and may be filled with meat, seafood, tofu, cheese, vegetables, fruits or sweets.
While dumplings are most associated with Asian cuisine, you can find regional dumpling recipes all over the world. Some of our favourite non-Asian dumpling recipes include Jamaican Chicken Soup with Dumplings, Semmelknödel German Bread Dumplings, Lebanese Lamb Dumplings Shish Barak, Italian Ricotta Dumplings, and Polish Pierogies.
Can You Cook Frozen Dumplings In An Air Fryer?
Yes! You can cook fresh or frozen dumplings in an air fryer. They’re a perfect quick & easy snack or appetizer to serve at an Asian themed dinner party. Cooking frozen dumplings in an air fryer is less fattening then deep frying potstickers or gyoza so it’s a healthier option as well.
How To Reheat Air Fryer Dumplings
Air Fried Frozen Dumplings are super easy to make at home. The trick is to always remember that you need to toss the dumplings in oil (like sesame, canola or cooking spray) so they cook crispy and don’t dry out. If you don’t add enough oil to the exterior, the dumpling wrappers will be dried out and tough.
If you’ve already cooked the dumplings they can easily be reheated in an air fryer for just 2-3 minutes at 380 F.
Frozen Dumplings, Potstickers & Gyoza Brands
Take a stroll down your grocery store freezer aisle or local Asian supermarket and you’ll find many brands selling frozen dumplings, potstickers and gyoza to cook at home in your air fryer.
In the US and Canada popular frozen dumpling, potsticker and gyoza brands include Costco, Bibigo, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Way Fong, PF Chang’s, Feel Good Foods, Nasoya Organic, and President’s Choice.
If you’re looking for specialty frozen Asian dumplings be sure to visit the health food aisle in your grocery store where you may find options that are gluten free, organic, keto friendly, vegetarian or vegan.
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
My Family Loves Frozen Air Fryer Dumplings
My family is obsessed with eating dumplings, potstickers and gyoza.
When I was a kid, whenever my parents took us out to eat at a Japanese or Chinese restaurant my dad would always order crispy pan-fried dumplings as an appetizer that we’d share at the table.
We avoided deep fried dumplings for health reasons and the steamed variety were a bit too doughy for our liking. Pan-fried dumplings offered the perfect textural contrast, crunchy and crispy exterior, satisfying chew and a tender and flavourful filling.
Now that I’ve upgraded my kitchen with the trendiest new gadget I love making this Frozen Air Fryer Dumplings recipe for my family.
Cooking Frozen Potstickers in an Air Fryer is a modern day marvel for home cooks who have a penchant for making quick & easy recipes. Air Fryers cook food much quicker than an oven and help ensure frozen dumplings are crispy, moist and delicious!
How To Make Frozen Air Fryer Dumplings
Our air fryer dumplings recipe is so easy to make you’ll have it ready to serve in under 15 minutes!
There are two methods to making frozen dumplings, potstickers or gyoza in an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fryer Dumplings in these machines, simply lower each gyoza/potsticker into the basket. Ensure they are organized in one layer and aren’t crowded or touching. This will ensure they are crispy and uniformly cooked.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare frozen potstickers in an air fryer at home. Simply place them on the air fryer tray in a single layer and watch them brown and get crispy through the glass door.
Air Fryer Gyoza Recipe Cooking Tips
- Lightly toss frozen dumplings in sesame oil to ensure they are extra crispy.
- Place the frozen potstickers or gyoza in one flat layer without any overlap or touching, otherwise you’ll end up with an unevenly cooked and potentially soggy product.
- Remove dumplings once the exterior is slightly browned and crunchy and the interior is hot and releases steam when cut open.
- Serve the crispy dumplings on a platter garnished with sliced scallions or cilantro.
- We like to serve potstickers with sweet chili sauce but you can offer a selection of Asian sauces for dipping like Hoisin Sauce, Soy Sauce, Hot Sauce, Sweet & Sour Sauce or Plum Sauce.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Dumplings, Potstickers & Gyoza
Frozen Air Fryer Dumplings are a quick & easy snack to prepare last minute or can be served as an appetizer on an Asian-themed menu.
Potstickers and Gyoza can be eaten with chopsticks on their own, or garnished with chopped scallions and cilantro. They are often served with dips like soy sauce, hoisin, sweet chili sauce or hot sauce.
You may also enjoy these Asian snack recipes:
- Chinese Green Onion Cake Cong You Bing
- Buchimgae Buchu-Jeon Korean Chive Pancake
- Osaka Okonomiyaki Japanese Cabbage Pancake
- Crispy Spicy Fried Lemongrass Vietnamese Tofu
- Shrimp & Pork Vietnamese Egg Rolls
- Tod Mun Pla Thai Fish Cake
- Moo Ping BBQ Grilled Thai Pork Skewers
- Grabong Northern Thai Pumpkin Fritter
- Malaysian Roti Canai
You May Also Enjoy These Air Fryer Recipes…
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage
- Healthy Vegan Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
- Cheesy Bacon Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Easy Crispy Air Fried Cornish Hen
- Viral TikTok Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Smoky BBQ Bone In Air Fryer Pork Ribs
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Easy Seasoned Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- Easy Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Easy Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Fingers Tenders & Strips In Air Fryer
- Easy Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer
- Easy Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
- Frozen Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer
- Easy Homemade Air Fryer Nachos
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
- Easy Homemade Air Fryer Popcorn
How To Make Easy Frozen Air Fryer Dumplings, Potstickers & Gyoza
Frozen Air Fryer Dumplings, Potstickers, Gyoza
- Air Fryer
- measuring spoon
- French knife
- mixing bowl
- 454 g Frozen Potstickers Dumplings Gyoza
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Scallion sliced
- Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping
- Preheat Air Fryer to 380 F.
- In a large mixing bowl toss frozen potsticker dumplings in sesame oil.
- Place potsticker dumplings in an air fryer basket, spacing them apart so they don't touch.
- Cook dumplings for 8 minutes then turn them over so they get crispy on both sides. Return the dumplings to the air fryer and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Serve potsticker dumplings with your favourite dipping sauce like Sweet & Sour or Thai Sweet Chili or simple soy sauce.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!