Learn how to make a refreshing Cherry Vodka Sour cocktail using Stoli Elit.
Our easy homemade Stoli Elit Vodka cocktail is a family favourite summer drink to shake up on a hot day in July or August during peak stone fruit season.
This pucker inducing sweet meets sour mixed drink features premium Stoli Elit Vodka, fresh lemon juice, lemon bitters, Maraschino cherry or Grenadine syrup.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is A Stoli Elit Cherry Vodka Sour?
The birth of the “sour cocktail,” dates back at least 300 years when it was initially prepared as a punch.
Sour cocktails can be prepared with a variety of spirits like vodka, whiskey and brandy. The main components of “a sour,” are a combination of base spirit, sugar syrup and citrus, effectively making the drink a scaled-down punch.
Culinary historians site the classic punch as the sours predecessor, and by extension, the Collinses, Daisies, Coolers and Cobblers. Boozy drinks that historian David Wondrich calls “The Children of Punch.”
The British Navy is often given credit for popularizing and perhaps even inventing the sour cocktail. Since rum was readily available around the Caribbean, and unlike beer didn’t spoil at sea, it became the official drink for sailors.
To combat scurvy and malnutrition, sailors mixed sugar cane rum with lime juice to make a Daiquiri-like mixture known as Grog, which led British sailors to be nicknamed “limeys,” and was the birth of the phrase, “have too many and you’ll be groggy in the morning.”
A Cherry Vodka Sour is a rift on the traditional craft cocktail infused with the flavour of our favourite summer stone fruit. We infuse the thirst quenching drink with premium Stoli Elit Vodka.
You May Also Enjoy These Sour Cocktail Recipes…
- Cranberry Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- Disaronno Amaretto Stone Sour Cocktail
- Negroni Sour Cocktail
- Peach Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- Hawaiian Whiskey Pineapple Sour Cocktail
- Cherry Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- Amaretto Disaronno Sour Cocktail
- Irish Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- Sour Lemon Blueberry Gin Cocktail
- Scotch Sour Whisky Cocktail
What Is Stoli Elit Vodka?
Stolichnaya, known today simply as Stoli, is a Latvian vodka made of wheat and rye.
A few years later I would act as an ambassador for Stoli at World Pride in Toronto. It was during Pride that I developed an appreciation for Stoli’s portfolio of premium vodkas, from its iconic red labeled Stoli Premium bottles, to flavour packed infusions like Stoli Lime, Stoli Cucumber, Stoli Blueberi and Stoli Vanil.
In the know vodka connoisseurs likely have a few bottles of Stoli’s most premium product, slender and slick glass vessels of Stoli Elit Vodka.
Created in 2003 with single-sour grain and using cutting-edge technology inspired by ancient vodka-making traditions, Stoli Elit boasts a platinum score of 97-points from the Beverage Tasting Institute. It’s no wonder Elit Vodka by Stoli is one of the world’s highest-rated white spirits.
Stoli Elit uses single-source grain harvested at the Kerschinskoye Estate. Distillers precisely control production, bringing the spirit down to -18 C in its “freeze filtration,” stage, which is is filtered through quartz sand and birchwood charcoal to optimize purity.
The result, Elit Vodka offers a flawless clarity and rolling mouthfeel. Spin an ounce in your glass and you’ll discover a slight viscosity with good legs. The nose offers light, clean and fresh notes while the upfront taste is smooth, rich, velvety and balanced.
Stoli Elit fans worldwide have become collectors of the eye-catching bottles. Special editions of Elit Vodka include Night, Himalayan, New Zealand and Andean.
Looking to impress guests at your next summer cocktail party? Pull out a beautiful bottle of chilled Stoli Vodka and shake up our delicious Cherry Vodka Sour recipe!
Cherry Vodka Sour Cocktail Recipe Ingredients
This homemade Stoli Elit cocktail is made with fresh and quality ingredients:
- Stoli Elit: a premium Latvian vodka that tastes both smooth and balanced.
- Lemon Juice: only use freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can taste the difference when someone incorrectly muddles cocktails with store bought citrus juice.
- Grenadine or Maraschino Cherry Syrup: infuse the sour with sweetness using cherry syrup or grenadine.
- Lemon Bitters: add additional citrus notes by shaking a few drops of lemon bitters.
- Garnish: decorate the glass by skewering a cocktail pick with a cherry and lemon wheel.
Stoli Elit Vodka Cocktail Recipe Tips
This Cherry Vodka Sour recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 5 minutes.
We love serving the refreshing Stoli Elit Vodka muddled drink on hot days in the summer during stone fruit season at family barbecues, cottage happy hour and on a sun-soaked patio.
Our Cherry Vodka Sour recipe below is listed for one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug rather than a cocktail shaker.
If you find the drink too strong top it with a splash of sparkling water or soda.
Serve the drink in an ice filled rocks glass garnished with a cocktail pick skewered with a lemon wheel and cherry.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Cherry Vodka Sour cocktail party you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
You May Also Enjoy These Vodka Cocktail Recipes…
- Long Beach Iced Tea Cocktail
- Chambord French Martini Cocktail
- Peach Moscow Mule Cocktail
- Raspberry Moscow Mule Cocktail
- Orange Dreamsicle Cocktail
- Pineapple Screwdriver Cocktail
- Bocce Ball Cocktail
- Vodka Madras Cocktail
- Japanese Sake Vodka Sushi Cocktail
- Negroski Vodka Negroni Cocktail
- Pineapple Vodka Martini Cocktail
- Lemon Drop Martini Limoncello Cocktail
- Vodka Blood Orange Cocktail
- Vodka Mojito Cocktail
Cherry Vodka Sour With Egg White
If you want to get fancy when making a Cherry Vodka Sour add creamy egg white foam to impress guests.
Sour cocktails can be prepared with or without egg white. The foam adds a creamy mouthfeel, eye-catching appearance and additional volume to the drink. Foamy egg whites soften the edge of sour drinks and make them feel lighter.
Whisking or shaking egg white, which contains large molecules called proteins, together with air produces a stable foam. As the air is whipped into the egg white, tiny air pockets are captured in the mixture, each surrounded by a very thin layer of egg protein.
To achieve the perfect egg white foam when bartending at home is simple.
A “dry shake” refers to shaking ingredients in a cocktail shaker without ice. Any recipe containing egg requires a dry shake. This ensures that the egg white combines with the other ingredients, and results in a nice, frothy texture.
Once you have finished the dry shake you’ll have lots of foamy egg white in the shaker. Now add a few cubes of ice and shake again to cool the liquid. Be sure to strain each Cherry Vodka Sour to ensure any solid pieces of egg do not end up in the glass.
You May Also Enjoy These Cherry Recipes…
- Black Cherry White Claw Vodka Cocktail
- Old Fashioned Cherry Custard Pie
- Cherry Lovers Black Forest Tiramisu
- Homemade Flaky Swedish Rhubarb Cherry Pie
- Gevulde Speculaas Dutch Cherry Almond Spice Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Pancakes with Ricotta
- Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes
- Cherry Pecan Kale Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
How To Make A Stoli Elit Cherry Vodka Sour Cocktail Recipe
Stoli Elit Cherry Vodka Sour
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Glass
- Cocktail Pick
- 2 oz Stoli Elit Vodka
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 3/4 oz Grenadine Syrup or Maraschino Cherry Syrup
- 2 dashes Lemon Bitters
- Cocktail Cherry + Lemon Wedge garnish
- In an ice filled cocktail shaker pour Stoli Elit Vodka, fresh lemon juice, syrup and lemon bitters.
- Shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds until well chilled.
- Strain into an ice filled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a cocktail cherry and lemon wedge or wheel.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!