Looking to learn how to make the best Hawaiian Pineapple Sour recipe?
Our easy homemade Whiskey and Pineapple Juice is the family favourite cocktail to enjoy at a celebratory brunch like Mother’s Day, Christmas or Valentine’s Day. If you’re hosting a Hawaii-themed beach party your guests will love this Maui-inspired Pineapple Sour.
Our easy pineapple whiskey sour recipe features premium whiskey, freshly squeezed pineapple juice, simple syrup, lemon juice, egg white, fresh pineapple slice and Maraschino cherry.
Save this story to Pinterest!
Travel The World to Taste Whiskey
There’s no better way to familiarize yourself with the best Pineapple Sour recipe then by planning a vacation to visit the world’s best whiskey distilleries.
Some of the world’s most famous whiskey/whisky distilleries can be found in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The booming whiskey trend has also produced a high demand for premium whiskey produced by distilleries in Canada and America.
In Scotland we enjoyed a scenic road trip to the Isle of Islay, which is best known for its famous Islay Scotch whisky distilleries. If you’re looking to experience the best things to do on the Isle of Islay visit award-winning distilleries like Bruichladdich, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Ardbeg and Bowmore.
Fly over to Ireland and you’ll find plenty of fine whiskey produced by famous distilleries like Jamesons and Bushmills. There’s no better way to educate yourself about Irish Whiskey then by taking a tour of Jameson Distillery near Cork and Bushmills along the Causeway Coast. They’re both worth a day trip from Dublin.
Looking to plan the ultimate road trip of Canada to discover the best Canadian whisky?
Types of Whiskey
The wonderful world of whisky can be confusing for newbies as there is a lot more variety compared to vodka and gin.
Whisky is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented grain mash or by distilling beer. Various grains are used for different varieties, including barley, corn, rye, and wheat. Whisky is typically aged in wooden casks, generally made of charred white oak.
The best way to familiarize yourself with whiskey and find a new favourite is by sipping as many varieties as you can. You’ll find single malt whiskies, blended whiskies, single pot still whiskey and and everything in between.
Our Whiskey and Pineapple Juice recipe features premium whiskey and the flavour profile of the cocktail can be adjusted to suit your tastes based on whichever bottle you chose. Add a Bourbon to your cocktail shaker and you’ll enjoy a sweeter flavour. Or grab a bottle of Islay Scotch to experience peaty undertones.
- Scotch: is made in Scotland with either malt or grain. The spirit must age in an oak barrel for at least three years. Many of the top Scotch bottles are revered for their peaty character. Popular Scotch brands include Johnnie Walker, Ballantine’s and Ardbeg.
- Irish Whiskey: has a smoother flavor than other types of whiskey. It’s made from a mash of malt, can only be distilled using water and caramel coloring, and must be distilled in wooden casks for at least three years. Popular Irish whiskey brands include Jamesons, Bushmills and Green Spot.
- Bourbon: An American-style whiskey, bourbon is made from corn. In fact, to be called bourbon whiskey, the spirit needs to be made from at least 51% corn, aged in a new oak barrel and produced in America. It has no minimum aging period and needs to be bottled at 80 proof or more. Popular Bourbon brands include Ezra Brooks, Wild Turkey and Maker’s Mark.
- Canadian Whisky: must be barrel-aged for at least three years. It’s lighter and smoother than other types of whiskey because it contains a high percentage of corn. You will find that most Canadian whiskies are made from corn and rye, but can also include wheat and barley. Popular Canadian whisky brands include Canadian Club, JP Wiser’s and Wayne Gretzky Estates.
Homemade Whiskey and Pineapple Juice Recipe
Whenever my family hosts a special brunch we always serve this homemade Pineapple Sour cocktail.
This Pineapple Whiskey Sour cocktail recipe is inspired from our many trips to Hawaii. Visit islands like Maui, Oahu and the Big Island and you’ll find plenty of local pineapple farms that grow some of the juiciest pineapples in the world. There’s no better way to enjoy a breezy beach memory of Hawaii at home then by hosting a Maui Pineapple Sour cocktail party!
The quick & easy cocktail is perfect for serving a breakfast or brunch in the summer as the recipe features fresh pineapple and lemon juice and a plump Maraschino cherry.
Making homemade pineapple juice is very easy. Simply peel and remove the core of a Maui pineapple and blitz the chunks in a blender. Strain the blended pineapple pulp through a fine metal sieve and you’re ready to go!
If you’re in a rush you can also purchase pineapple juice at the grocery store. We’d suggest purchasing high quality freshly pressed pineapple juice but you could also use Dole Pineapple Juice or Organic Pineapple Juice.
We’ve tested this Pineapple Sour cocktail recipe many times and find whiskey offers the best pairing. You can also substitute whiskey for rum, vodka, or gin if that’s the spirit you prefer.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Morimoto Waikiki in Honolulu
- The Pig and the Lady Restaurant in Honolulu
- Azure Restaurant at The Royal Hawaiian
- Moana Surfrider’s Beachhouse Restaurant in Honolulu
- Things To Do On A Road Trip of Oahu
- Brown’s Beach House Restaurant at Fairmont Orchid
- Things to Do at Fairmont Orchid in Hawaii
- Ulu Ocean Grill at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- Hualalai’s Beach Tree Restaurant at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualālai in Hawaii
- Kauiki Restaurant at Travaasa Hana Maui
- Feast at Lele in Maui
- Monkeypod Kitchen in Maui
- Hali’imaile General Store in Maui
- Ko Restaurant at Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui
- Brunch at Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui
- Travel to Maui Hawaii
- Travel to Oahu Hawaii
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Pineapple Sour Hawaiian brunch you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartenders best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Pineapple Sour Ingredients
Our easy Whiskey and Pineapple Juice recipe is made with the best fresh ingredients:
- Whiskey: we tested this recipe with Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey, Dewar’s Scotch and Ezra Brooks Bourbon.
- Pineapple Juice: we suggest using freshly pressed pineapple juice but you could also use Dole Pineapple Juice or Organic Pineapple Juice.
- Citrus Juice: we use lemon juice in this recipe but you could also use fresh lime juice.
- Simple Syrup: we make our own homemade simple syrup but you could also spice things up by using Organic Ginger Syrup by The Ginger People.
- Egg White: this makes our Pineapple Sour extra festive and adds a frothy and creamy mouth feel.
- Pineapple Slice: be sure not to juice all of the Maui pineapple as you you’ll need a few pineapple slices to garnish the rim of each glass.
- Cherry: adorn the rocks glass with a Luxardo Maraschino Cherry.
Pineapple Whiskey Sour Cocktail Tips
This Pineapple Sour is easy to make at home, ready to serve in 5 minutes.
The recipe serves one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug rather than a cocktail shaker.
If you don’t like consuming raw egg white, feel free to omit it.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Baileys Iced Coffee Cocktail
- Aperol Gin Cocktail Drink Recipe
- Gin and Cranberry Juice Cocktail Drink Recipe
- Pomegranate Gin Fizz Cocktail Drink Recipe
- Irish Whiskey Sour Drink Cocktail Recipe
- Healthy Cucumber Gin and Tonic Cocktail Recipe
- Bushmills Cocktail: Irish Whiskey and Apple Juice Recipe
- Best Gin Mixers For Easy Homemade Cocktail Drinks
- Best Recipes For Pretty Pink Gin Cocktails
- Best Gay Cocktail Drinks To Enjoy During Pride
- Procreate Tutorial: How To Draw A Bottle
- Best Cocktail Bars in Savannah
- Best Ottawa Cocktail Bars
- Best Cocktail Bars in Rochester
- Best Cocktails Bars in Calgary
- Best Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Hong Kong
- Best Bali Bars for Cocktail Lovers
- 5 Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Manhattan
How To Make the Best Whiskey Pineapple Sour Cocktail
Whiskey Pineapple Sour Cocktail
- Shot Glass
- Rocks glass
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 oz Whisky
- 1 oz Lemon juice
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 0.5 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 Egg White
- Pineapple Slice and Maraschino Cherry Garnish
- Add whisky, lemon juice, pineapple juice, egg white and simple syrup to an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 20 seconds then strain into a rocks glass. Garnish with pineapple slice and Maraschino Cherry.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!