This refreshing Pineapple Screwdriver recipe is a quick and easy 3-ingredient cocktail.
The simple Screwdriver recipe is infused with tropical flavour thanks to the addition of pineapple juice and freshly squeezed orange juice.
The popular brunch drink is typically garnished with an orange slice and maraschino cherry.
We love serving this Pineapple Screwdriver recipe in the summer on a hot day. It’s the perfect way to enjoy a sip of tropical fruit juice with your favourite bottle of vodka.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is A Pineapple Screwdriver Cocktail?
A Screwdriver is a classic alcoholic highball drink made with freshly squeezed orange juice and vodka.
While the basic drink is simply two ingredients, there are many variations, including this Pineapple Screwdriver recipe, also known as a Hawaiian Screwdriver. The tropical beverage adds pineapple juice to the traditional vodka and orange juice.
If you’ve never tasted a Pineapple Screwdriver, expect a balance of sweet and tangy thanks to the muddleing of orange and pineapple juices.
Best Selling Vodka
Vodka is a clear distilled alcoholic beverage. Different varieties originated in Poland, Russia, and Sweden. Vodka is composed mainly of water and ethanol but sometimes with traces of impurities and flavourings. Traditionally, it is made by distilling liquid from fermented cereal grains.
Here are some of the world’s best selling vodka brands and our local small batch favourites:
- Grey Goose: the world’s top selling premium vodka has been produced in France since the 1990s.
- Belvedere: is a close second for world’s favourite premium vodka brand. The Polish rye vodka is named after Belweder, the Polish presidential palace in Warsaw.
- Stolichnaya: also known as Stoli, is produced in Riga, Latvia. The brand produces a wide variety of flavoured vodkas, perfect for seasonal cocktail parties.
- Titos: began as a small-batch vodka brand distilled in Texas. Today, it’s recognized as the best selling vodka in America. Titos is made from corn, making it a gluten-free friendly spirit.
- Ketel One: is a Dutch premium vodka brand with a flavour palette offering hints of honey and citrus.
- Absolut: is an iconic Swedish distiller and was the top selling vodka brand globally for decades. The brand offers a colourful collection of flavoured vodka bottles.
- Smirnoff: this Russian brand was founded in Moscow and today sells 39 different vodka flavours.
- Iceberg Vodka: the top selling vodka in Canada is made from icebergs off the coast of Newfoundland.
- Dillon’s Distillery: This Beamsville, Ontario producer makes 2 small batch vodkas near Niagara.
Pineapple Screwdriver Recipe Ingredients
Our Pineapple Screwdriver Cocktail recipe is easy to make in under 5 minutes!
- Vodka: we suggest using a premium vodka such as Absolut, Smirnoff or Grey Goose.
- Pineapple Juice: adds tangy acidity to the drink and a delicious tropical flavour.
- Orange Juice: use freshly squeezed OJ and never store bought concentrate. You really can taste the difference.
- Maraschino Cherries: garnish the glass with a skewered Luxardo Maraschino Cherry.
Pineapple Screwdriver Recipe Tips
This refreshing Pineapple Screwdriver is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 5 minutes!
We love serving Screwdriver’s in the summer on a hot day. They’re an elegant mixed drink to serve at family barbecues, cottage happy hours or at brunch in your backyard garden.
We recommend using fresh orange juice and pineapple juice but high quality store bought juices can work as well.
If you’re hosting a Hawaiian or tropical themed dinner party a Pineapple Screwdriver is the perfect drink to serve when hors d’oeuvre are being passed around the room.
Our drink recipe serves one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug.
You can prepare the drink by simply stirring or shaking the ingredients with ice in a cocktail glass. We prefer shaking the drink as when it pours into a collins glass there is a delicate foam that floats to the top.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a casual Pineapple Screwdriver cocktail party you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
You May Also Enjoy These Vodka Recipes…
- Bocce Ball Cocktail
- Vodka Madras Cocktail
- Japanese Sake Vodka Sushi Cocktail
- Negroski Vodka Negroni Cocktail
- Vodka Blood Orange Cocktail Drink
- Pineapple Vodka Martini Cocktail
- Chocolate Kahlua Espresso Martini Cocktail
- Lemon Drop Martini Limoncello Cocktail
- White Russian Amarula Cocktail
- Easy Vodka and Coke Cocktail
- Easy Vodka and Dr Pepper Cocktail
- Smirnoff Vodka Pink Lemonade Cocktail
- Mint Lime Vodka Mojito Cocktail
- Mint Chocolate After Eight Cocktail
- How To Make A Smirnoff Rocket
How To Make A Pineapple Screwdriver
Pineapple Screwdriver Cocktail
- Shot Glass
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Glass
- 3 oz Pineapple Juice
- 3 oz Orange Juice
- 2 oz Vodka
- Orange Slice garnish
- Maraschino Cherries garnish
- In an ice filled cocktail shaker add pineapple juice, orange juice and vodka together.
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice and fill with the shaken vodka mixture.
- Garnish with cherries and orange slice.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!