This refreshing Pineapple Martini recipe is a quick and easy 4-ingredient cocktail.
The simple Vodka Martini is infused with tropical flavour thanks to fresh pineapple juice.
The tropical martini is shaken in a cocktail shaker with ice, premium vodka, pineapple juice, lemon juice, ginger or simple syrup and garnished with a dehydrated pineapple or citrus slice.
We love serving this Pineapple Vodka Martini recipe in the summer on a hot day. It’s the perfect way to enjoy a sip of tropical fruit juice with your favourite bottle of vodka.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is A Pineapple Martini?
The martini is a classic cocktail, an American invention typically prepared with gin and vermouth. It’s traditionally garnished with an olive or a lemon twist.
By 1922 the martini reached its most recognizable form in which London dry gin and dry vermouth are combined at a ratio of 2:1, stirred in a mixing glass with ice cubes, with the optional addition of orange or aromatic bitters, then strained into a chilled cocktail glass.
The exact origin of the martini is unclear. The name is thought to derive from the Martini brand of vermouth. Another popular theory suggests it evolved from a cocktail called the Martinez served sometime in the early 1860s at the Occidental Hotel in San Francisco, which people frequented before taking an evening ferry to the nearby town of Martinez, California.
The world’s favourite spy James Bond often ordered vodka martinis, which substitute vodka for gin, to be “shaken, not stirred”, following Harry Craddock’s 1930’s The Savoy Cocktail Book, which prescribes shaking for all its martini recipes.
Our Pineapple Martini pays homage to the popular vodka cocktail by combining premium vodka with tropical pineapple juice. You can serve it in a classic martini glass or coup.
Best Selling Vodka
In the 90’s vodka was all the rage, as martini bars sprung up in cocktail-loving North American cities like Toronto and New York.
Vodka is a clear distilled alcoholic beverage. Different varieties originated in Poland, Russia, and Sweden. Vodka is composed mainly of water and ethanol but sometimes with traces of impurities and flavourings. Traditionally, it is made by distilling liquid from fermented cereal grains.
Here are some of the world’s best selling vodka brands and our local small batch favourites:
- Grey Goose: the world’s top selling premium vodka has been produced in France since the 1990s.
- Belvedere: is a close second for world’s favourite premium vodka brand. The Polish rye vodka is named after Belweder, the Polish presidential palace in Warsaw.
- Stolichnaya: also known as Stoli, is produced in Riga, Latvia. The brand produces a wide variety of flavoured vodkas, perfect for seasonal cocktail parties.
- Titos: began as a small-batch vodka brand distilled in Texas. Today, it’s recognized as the best selling vodka in America. Titos is made from corn, making it a gluten-free friendly spirit.
- Ketel One: is a Dutch premium vodka brand with a flavour palette offering hints of honey and citrus.
- Absolut: is an iconic Swedish distiller and was the top selling vodka brand globally for decades. The brand offers a colourful collection of flavoured vodka bottles.
- Smirnoff: this Russian brand was founded in Moscow and today sells 39 different vodka flavours.
- Iceberg Vodka: the top selling vodka in Canada is made from icebergs off the coast of Newfoundland.
- Dillon’s Distillery: This Beamsville, Ontario producer makes 2 small batch vodkas near Niagara.
Pineapple Vodka Martini Recipe Ingredients
Our Pineapple Martini recipe is easy to make in under 5 minutes!
- Vodka: we suggest using a premium vodka such as Absolut, Smirnoff or Grey Goose.
- Pineapple Juice: fresh pineapple juice adds acidity and sweetness to the drink and a delicious tropical flavour.
- Lemon Juice: use freshly squeezed lemon juice (or lime juice) and never store bought concentrate. You really can taste the difference.
- Ginger or Simple Syrup: you can prepare your own simple syrup or purchase Ginger Syrup to give the drink an extra zing!
- Dehydrated Pineapple or Citrus Slices: garnish the glass with dehydrated pineapple or sliced citrus.
Pineapple Martini Recipe Tips
This refreshing Pineapple Vodka Martini is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 5 minutes!
We love serving Pineapple Martini’s in the summer on a hot day. They’re an elegant mixed drink to serve at family barbecues, cottage happy hours or at brunch in your backyard garden.
If you’re hosting a Hawaiian or tropical themed dinner party a Pineapple Vodka Martini is the perfect drink to serve when hors d’oeuvre are being passed around the room.
Our martini recipe serves one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug.
You can prepare the drink by simply stirring or shaking the ingredients with ice in a cocktail glass. We prefer shaking the drink as when it pours into a coup or martini glass there is a delicate foam that floats to the top.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a casual Pineapple Martini cocktail party you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
You May Also Enjoy These Gin and Vodka Recipes…
- Vodka Blood Orange Cocktail Drink
- White Russian Amarula Cocktail
- Easy Vodka and Coke Cocktail
- Easy Vodka and Dr Pepper Cocktail
- Smirnoff Vodka Pink Lemonade Cocktail
- Mint Lime Vodka Mojito Cocktail
- Mint Chocolate After Eight Cocktail
- How To Make A Smirnoff Rocket
- Sparkling Gin and Lemonade Cocktail
- Negroni Spritz Cocktail
- Clarified Gin and Milk Punch Cocktail
- Italian Prosecco and Gin Cocktail
- Raspberry Gin Fizz Chambord Cocktail
- Sour Lemon Blueberry Gin Cocktail
- Mango Gin Collins Cocktail
- Lavender Gin Cocktail Lemonade Fizz
How To Make A Homemade Pineapple Vodka Martini
Pineapple Vodka Martini Cocktail
- Shot Glass
- Cocktail Shaker
- Sieve / Strainer
- Coup or Martini Glass
- 2 oz Vodka
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 0.5 oz Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz Ginger Syrup or Simple Syrup
- Dehydrated or Fresh Lime Wheel garnish
- In an ice filled cocktail shaker add vodka, pineapple juice, lemon juice, and ginger syrup.
- Shake vigorously until cold 30-45 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a fresh or dehydrated lime wheel.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!