Looking to learn how to make the best Peach Whiskey Sour recipe?
Our easy homemade Peach Whiskey Sour is a family favourite cocktail to enjoy in the summer when fresh peaches are in season.
This simple Peach Whiskey Cocktail recipe features premium whiskey, fresh lemon juice, peach jam, fresh peach slices and optional egg white.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is A Peach Whiskey Sour Cocktail?
The Whiskey Sour is a classic mixed drink containing whiskey, fresh lemon juice, sugar, and optionally, egg white, which gives the beverage a foamy and creamy top.
A Peach Whiskey Sour is a rift on the traditional cocktail infused with the flavour of our favourite stone fruit, a juicy summer peach.
In our easy whiskey sour cocktail recipe we flavour the drink with homemade peach jam and garnish it with a fresh peach slice.
Travel The World to Taste The Best Whiskey
There’s no better way to familiarize yourself with the best Peach Whiskey Sour recipe then by planning a vacation to visit the world’s best whiskey distilleries.
Some of the world’s most famous whiskey/whisky distilleries can be found in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The booming whiskey trend has also produced a high demand for premium whiskey produced by distilleries in Canada and America.
In Scotland we enjoyed a scenic road trip to the Isle of Islay, which is best known for its famous Islay Scotch whisky distilleries. If you’re looking to experience the best things to do on the Isle of Islay visit award-winning distilleries like Bruichladdich, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Ardbeg and Bowmore.
Fly over to Ireland and you’ll find plenty of fine whiskey produced by famous distilleries like Jamesons and Bushmills. There’s no better way to educate yourself about Irish Whiskey then by taking a tour of Jameson Distillery near Cork and Bushmills along the Causeway Coast. They’re both worth a day trip from Dublin.
Looking to plan the ultimate road trip of Canada to discover the best Canadian whisky?
Types of Whiskey
Whisky is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented grain mash or by distilling beer. Various grains are used for different varieties, including barley, corn, rye, and wheat. Whisky is typically aged in wooden casks, generally made of charred white oak.
The best way to familiarize yourself with whiskey and find a new favourite is by sipping as many varieties as you can. You’ll find single malt whiskies, blended whiskies, single pot still whiskey and and everything in between.
Our Peach Whiskey Sour recipe features premium whiskey and the flavour profile of the cocktail can be adjusted to suit your tastes based on whichever bottle you chose. Add a Bourbon to your cocktail shaker and you’ll enjoy a sweeter flavour. Or grab a bottle of Islay Scotch to experience peaty undertones.
- Scotch: is made in Scotland with either malt or grain. The spirit must age in an oak barrel for at least three years. Many of the top Scotch bottles are revered for their peaty character. Popular Scotch brands include Johnnie Walker, Ballantine’s and Ardbeg.
- Irish Whiskey: has a smoother flavor than other types of whiskey. It’s made from a mash of malt, can only be distilled using water and caramel coloring, and must be distilled in wooden casks for at least three years. Popular Irish whiskey brands include Jamesons, Bushmills and Green Spot.
- Bourbon: An American-style whiskey, bourbon is made from corn. In fact, to be called bourbon whiskey, the spirit needs to be made from at least 51% corn, aged in a new oak barrel and produced in America. It has no minimum aging period and needs to be bottled at 80 proof or more. Popular Bourbon brands include Ezra Brooks, Wild Turkey and Maker’s Mark.
- Canadian Whisky: must be barrel-aged for at least three years. It’s lighter and smoother than other types of whiskey because it contains a high percentage of corn. You will find that most Canadian whiskies are made from corn and rye, but can also include wheat and barley. Popular Canadian whisky brands include Canadian Club, JP Wiser’s and Wayne Gretzky Estates.
Homemade Peach Whiskey Sour Recipe
Whenever my family hosts a summer brunch we love serving a seasonal Peach Whiskey Sour.
This quick & easy cocktail recipe is perfect for serving at breakfast or brunch in the summer as the recipe features fresh peaches and homemade peach jam. I love using peach jam when making this cocktail, rather than peach juice, as the jam adds a sweetness to the sour drink. No need to use simple syrup!
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Peach Sour Cocktail party you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Peach Whiskey Sour Cocktail Ingredients
Our Peach Whiskey Cocktail recipe is made with the best fresh and premium ingredients:
- Whiskey: we tested this recipe with Glenfiddich, Wayne Gretzky Estates, and Teeling Whiskey.
- Citrus Juice: we use lemon juice in this recipe but you could also use fresh lime juice.
- Peach Jam: the cocktail gets its peach flavour when shaken with homemade peach jam, which also sweetens the drink so no need to add simple syrup.
- Egg White: gives the Peach Sour a smooth and creamy mouth feel. The addition of egg white is optional.
- Peach Slice: cut a fresh slice of peach and garnish the rim of each glass.
Peach Whiskey Cocktail Recipe Tips
This Peach Whiskey Sour recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 10 minutes.
We love serving our Peach Whiskey Cocktail recipe in the Summer when local stone fruit is in season. The refreshing whiskey cocktail is a crowd pleaser at garden parties, family barbecues and cottage cocktail hours.
We’ve flavoured the drink with peach jam but alternatively you could use blended fresh peaches, canned peaches or peach juice.
The recipe below serves one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug. If you’re incorporating egg white you must mix the drink in a cocktail shaker as the vigorous shaking action creates the desired creamy foam.
You May Also Enjoy These Whiskey Cocktails…
- Irish Mule Ginger Beer Whiskey Cocktail
- Whiskey and Coke Cocktail
- Whiskey and Sprite Cocktail
- Holiday Christmas Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Wheat Beer and Whiskey Cocktail
- Ginger Whiskey Pear Cocktail
- Hawaiian Whiskey Pineapple Sour Cocktail
- Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Tart Cherry Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- Blueberry Buck Whiskey Cocktail
- Berry Lemonade Summer Whiskey Cocktail
- Fresh Whisky Orange Juice Cocktail
- Classic Scotch Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Whiskey and Ginger Ale Cocktail
- Perfect Rob Roy Scotch Manhattan Cocktail
- Scotch Sour Whisky Cocktail
- Whiskey and Ginger Beer Cocktail
- Irish Old Fashioned Whiskey Cocktail
- Irish Whiskey Sour
- Bushmills Cocktail Irish Whiskey and Apple Juice
How To Make An Easy Peach Whiskey Sour Cocktail
Peach Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- Cocktail Shaker
- Shot Glass
- Cocktail Strainer
- Cocktail Glass
- 1 Egg White
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 oz Whiskey
- 1 oz Peach Jam
- Ice Cubes
- Peach Slices
- Add the egg white to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and close the shaker tin with the lid and shake for 30 seconds to make the egg white frothy.
- Garnish with fresh peach slices.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!