Looking to make an easy Raspberry Moscow Mule Cocktail?
Our homemade Raspberry Mule recipe is a fun and refreshing summer drink featuring fancy French Chambord Liqueur and spicy sparkling ginger beer.
We know you’ll love this berry flavoured mule recipe featuring premium vodka, chambord, fresh mint, lime juice, and non-alcoholic Caribbean-style ginger beer.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is A Raspberry Moscow Mule?
A Moscow Mule is a cocktail made with vodka, ginger beer and lime juice, garnished with a slice, wedge or wheel of lime and a sprig of mint.
The drink is a type of buck and is sometimes called a vodka buck. The Moscow mule is popularly served in a copper mug, which takes on the cold temperature of the liquid.
A Raspberry Moscow Mule is a creative take on the classic cocktail, infusing the summer drink with berry flavour thanks to French Chambord Raspberry Liqueur and fresh raspberries.
You May Also Enjoy These Mule Recipes…
What Is Chambord?
Chambord is a 16.5% alcohol by volume raspberry flavoured liqueur modelled after a liqueur produced in the Loire Valley of France during the late 17th century. It is said to have been introduced to Louis XIV during one of his visits to the Château de Chambord.
The Chambord brand was developed in 1982 by Norton “Sky” Cooper at his family’s cordial company, Charles Jacquin et Cie. Later his son, Scott Cooper, would develop the elderflower liqueur, St-Germain.
Chambord is sold in a unique spherical bottle modelled after a globus cruciger. The liqueur is made from red and black raspberries, Madagascar vanilla, Moroccan citrus peel, honey and cognac brandy.
Raspberry Mule Cocktail Recipe Ingredients
This homemade Raspberry Mule recipe is made with fresh and quality ingredients:
- Vodka: we suggest using Smirnoff, Absolut or Grey Goose.
- Chambord: flavour the cocktail with French raspberry liqueur.
- Ginger Beer: we suggest using The Great Jamaican Ginger Beer Company or Fever Tree Ginger Beer.
- Lime Juice: only use freshly squeezed lime juice. You can taste the difference when someone incorrectly muddles cocktails with store bought citrus juice.
- Mint Leaves: you can purchase mint or harvest your own in an indoor edible garden.
- Lime: garnish with a lime wedge, slice or wheel.
- Fresh Raspberries: skewer the berries on a cocktail pick and rest on the lip of the glass.
Raspberry Moscow Mule Recipe Tips
This Raspberry Mule recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 10 minutes.
We love serving the refreshing vodka muddled drink on hot days in the summer during berry season at family barbecues, cottage happy hour and on a sun-soaked patio.
Our Raspberry Moscow Mule recipe below is listed for one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug rather than a cocktail shaker.
Serve the drink in a rocks glass or copper mug with whole ice cubes or crushed ice.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Raspberry Mule cocktail party you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Best Selling Vodka
In the 90’s vodka was all the rage, as martini bars sprung up in cocktail-loving North American cities like Toronto and New York.
Vodka is a clear distilled alcoholic beverage. Different varieties originated in Poland, Russia, and Sweden. Vodka is composed mainly of water and ethanol but sometimes with traces of impurities and flavourings. Traditionally, it is made by distilling liquid from fermented cereal grains.
Here are some of the world’s best selling vodka brands and our local small batch favourites:
- Grey Goose: the world’s top selling premium vodka has been produced in France since the 1990s.
- Belvedere: is a close second for world’s favourite premium vodka brand. The Polish rye vodka is named after Belweder, the Polish presidential palace in Warsaw.
- Stolichnaya: also known as Stoli, is produced in Riga, Latvia. The brand produces a wide variety of flavoured vodkas, perfect for seasonal cocktail parties.
- Titos: began as a small-batch vodka brand distilled in Texas. Today, it’s recognized as the best selling vodka in America. Titos is made from corn, making it a gluten-free friendly spirit.
- Ketel One: is a Dutch premium vodka brand with a flavour palette offering hints of honey and citrus.
- Absolut: is an iconic Swedish distiller and was the top selling vodka brand globally for decades. The brand offers a colourful collection of flavoured vodka bottles.
- Smirnoff: this Russian brand was founded in Moscow and today sells 39 different vodka flavours.
- Iceberg Vodka: the top selling vodka in Canada is made from icebergs off the coast of Newfoundland.
- Dillon’s Distillery: This Beamsville, Ontario producer makes 2 small batch vodkas near Niagara.
You May Also Enjoy These Vodka Cocktail Recipes…
- Bocce Ball Cocktail
- Vodka Madras Cocktail
- Japanese Sake Vodka Sushi Cocktail
- Negroski Vodka Negroni Cocktail
- Pineapple Vodka Martini Cocktail
- Chocolate Kahlua Espresso Martini Cocktail
- Lemon Drop Martini Limoncello Cocktail
- Smirnoff Vodka Pink Lemonade Cocktail
- White Russian Amarula Cocktail
- Vodka Blood Orange Cocktail
- Vodka Mojito Cocktail
- Mint Chocolate After Eight Cocktail
- Smirnoff Rocket Recipe
How To Make A Raspberry Mule Cocktail
Raspberry Moscow Mule Cocktail
- 2 oz Vodka
- 0.5 oz Chambord Raspberry LIqueuer
- 0.5 oz Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh Raspberries
- 4 oz Ginger Beer
- Fresh Mint Sprig garnish
- Lime Wheel garnish
- Muddle lime juice and raspberries in a copper mug or cocktail glass with ice.
- Add vodka and Chambord then top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and mint sprig.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!