Looking for the best Vodka Mojito cocktail recipe?
Our quick & easy Vodka Mojito recipe is fun and refreshing. It’s best served on a hot day in the summer on a patio, backyard barbecue or cottage dock.
The homemade summer sipper features premium vodka, fresh mint, lime juice and soda water.
Save this story to Pinterest!
Best Selling Vodka
In the 90’s vodka was all the rage, as martini bars sprung up in cocktail-loving North American cities like Toronto and New York.
Here are some of the world’s best selling vodka brands and our local small batch favourites:
- Grey Goose: the world’s top selling premium vodka has been produced in France since the 1990s.
- Belvedere: is a close second for world’s favourite premium vodka brand. The Polish rye vodka is named after Belweder, the Polish presidential palace in Warsaw.
- Stolichnaya: also known as Stoli, is produced in Riga, Latvia. The brand produces a wide variety of flavoured vodkas, perfect for seasonal cocktail parties.
- Titos: began as a small-batch vodka brand distilled in Texas. Today, it’s recognized as the best selling vodka in America. Titos is made from corn, making it a gluten-free friendly spirit.
- Ketel One: is a Dutch premium vodka brand with a flavour palette offering hints of honey and citrus.
- Absolut: is an iconic Swedish distiller and was the top selling vodka brand globally for decades. The brand offers a colourful collection of flavoured vodka bottles.
- Smirnoff: this Russian brand was founded in Moscow and today sells 39 different vodka flavours.
- Iceberg Vodka: the top selling vodka in Canada is made from icebergs off the coast of Newfoundland.
- Dillon’s Distillery: This Beamsville, Ontario producer makes 2 small batch vodkas near Niagara.
Would you describe yourself as more of a traditional beer and wine drinker? Looking to get your feet wet in the homemade cocktail game?
The Mojito is a classic cocktail traditionally made with rum that originated in Cuba.
The traditional Cuban highball consists of 5 ingredients: white rum, cane sugar, lime juice, soda water and fresh mint.
The classic Caribbean cocktail offers a flavour profile featuring sweetness, citrus and herbaceousness, which compliment the rum and have made it one of the most popular refreshing summer drinks.
Havana is the birthplace of the Mojito, although its exact origins are up for debate. Cocktail historians often mention two potential origin stories for the drink.
Local South American Indians had remedies for various tropical illnesses, so a small boarding party went to Cuba and came back with ingredients for an effective medicine. The ingredients were aguardiente de caña (translated as “burning water”, a crude form of rum made from sugar cane) mixed with local tropical ingredients: lime, sugarcane juice, and mint. The drink helped prevent scurvy.
Another theory is that it was invented by Sir Francis Drake. The “El Draque” cocktail was prepared with brandy. While this drink was not called a mojito at the time, it was the original combination of these ingredients.
The mojito has routinely been presented as a favorite drink of celebrated author Ernest Hemingway. It was also later popularized to a global audience in an award-winning James Bond film.
Our cocktail is a rift on the classic Caribbean recipe, replacing rum with vodka.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Vodka Mojito soiree you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartenders best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Fresh Vodka Mojito Cocktail Ingredients
Our quick Vodka Mojito cocktail is made with fresh and healthy ingredients.
- Vodka: we suggest using Grey Goose, Stoli or Iceberg vodka.
- Lime Juice: only use freshly squeezed lime juice. You can taste the difference when someone incorrectly muddles cocktails with store bought citrus juice.
- Simple Syrup: you can easily make homemade simple syrup, which is prepared by heating equal parts water and white sugar.
- Soda Water: we suggest using premium Fever Tree Club Soda. You could also use sparkling water from your own Soda Stream machine.
- Mint: you can purchase mint or harvest your own in an indoor edible garden.
Vodka Mojito Cocktail Tips
This Vodka Mojito recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 5 minutes.
We love serving our Vodka Mojito on hot days in the summer at family barbecues, cottage happy hour and on sun-soaked patios.
When preparing a traditional mojito, fresh lime juice is added to sugar (or to simple syrup) and mint leaves. The mixture is then gently mashed with a muddler. The mint leaves should only be bruised to release the essential oils and should not be shredded or sliced. Then rum (which we are substituting for vodka) is added and the mixture is briefly stirred to dissolve the sugar and to lift the mint leaves up from the bottom for better presentation. Finally, the drink is topped with ice and soda water. Mint leaves and lime wedges are used to garnish the glass.
Our Vodka Mojito recipe below is listed for one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug rather than a cocktail shaker.
Serve the drink in a highball or rocks glass with whole ice cubes or crushed ice.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Irish Whiskey Sour Drink Cocktail Recipe
- Best Orange Gin & Yellow Gin For Cocktails
- Healthy Cucumber Gin and Tonic Cocktail Recipe
- Bushmills Cocktail: Irish Whiskey and Apple Juice Recipe
- Best Pink Gin Cocktails
- Best Gin Mixers
- Best Gay Cocktail Drinks To Enjoy During Pride
- Gay Bars Puerto Vallarta: Best Clubs, Cantinas and Cabarets
- Best Ottawa Cocktail Bars
- Best Cocktail Bars in Rochester
- Best Cocktails Bars in Calgary
- Best Cocktail Bars in Savannah
- Best Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Hong Kong
- 5 Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Manhattan
- Best Bali Bars for Cocktail Lovers
- Toronto’s Best Craft Cocktails at Bar Chef
- Shake Up Healthy Absolut Cocktails While Prancing Through Pride
- Celebrate TIFF by Sipping Cocktails at Toronto’s Best Luxury Hotels
- Splash Into Summer with These Sparkling Citrus Cocktails
- This Christmas Craft Festive Cocktails with Quality Chocolate
- Procreate Tutorial: How To Draw A Bottle
Best Vodka Mojito Cocktail Recipe
Vodka Mojito Cocktail
- Shot Glass
- Citrus Juicer
- Highball Glass
- Cocktail spoon
- 12 pieces Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 0.5 oz Soda Water
- Mint Sprig and Lime Slice garnish
- Muddle mint leaves, lime juice and simple syrup in the bottom of a highball glass.
- Fill glass with ice and add vodka. Stir well with cocktail spoon.
- Top with soda water and garnish with mint sprig and lime slice.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!