Learn how to make a quick & easy Limonada de Coco recipe.
Take a trip to Colombia’s scenic Caribbean Coast by sipping this traditional refreshing frozen lime and coconut drink at home.
The 3 ingredient beverage features fresh lime juice, coconut milk and white sugar.
Limonada de Coco is typically served as an alcohol free drink so is kid friendly. If you’re hosting a grown up summer barbecue or cottage happy hour feel free to add a few glugs of your favourite white rum.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is Limonada de Coco?
Limonada de Coco is also known as a Lime and Coconut Drink in Colombia.
The drink is popular on Colombia’s Caribbean coast as it features tropical ingredients, lime and coconut, which are grown locally.
For tourists visiting resort destinations like Cartagena and Santa Marta, Limonada de Coco can easily be purchased on the beach by juice vendors.
It’s the perfect thirst quenching beverage to enjoy after a hot day tanning on the beach as it’s served frozen like a slushie or smoothie.
It’s easy to make a Colombian Lime and Coconut drink recipe at home using a blender or food processor.
Our 3 ingredient recipe is simple and affordable to make, featuring coconut milk, fresh lime juice and caster sugar.
Travel To Colombia For A Lime and Coconut Drink
There’s no better way to familiarize yourself with an authentic Limonada de Coco recipe then by planning a vacation to visit Colombia.
If you’ve traveled to Colombia’s Caribbean Coast before you’ll probably have developed a fondness for the refreshing tropical drink. You’ll find it served frozen like a smoothie from the bustling streets of Bogota to the sun-soaked beaches of Cartagena.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- 15 Must Try Tastes in Colombia
- 15 Things to Do in Bogota
- Street Art Fans Enjoy a Colombian History Lesson with Bogota Graffiti
- Jean-Georges Restaurant at W Bogota Hotel
- Things to Do in Cartagena
- Alyzia Restaurant at Movich Cartagena Hotel
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a fun Limonada de Coco party you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Limonada de Coco Ingredients
Our Lime and Coconut Drink recipe is made with simple and affordable ingredients.
- Coconut Milk: be sure to use unsweetened coconut milk, not cream of coconut, and shake or stir the milk well to incorporate the coconut liquid and cream before measuring.
- Lime Juice: only use freshly squeezed limes!
- White Sugar: we suggest sweetening the drink with caster sugar so it pours a beautiful bright white colour.
- Ice Cubes: any shape or size will do as they will get blended into the drink. It’s really just frozen water ya’ll!
Colombian Lime and Coconut Drink Recipe Tips
This Colombian Lime and Coconut drink recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 5 minutes.
We love serving Limonada de Coco on hot summer days when families with kids are over as the drink is alcohol free.
If you’re hosting an adults-only party feel free to add a few glugs of your favourite white rum to the blender for a boozy version of the beverage.
Our refreshing Lime and Coconut drink recipe serves 4 people. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and serve the drink out of jugs kept cool in the fridge.
Serve the drink in rocks glass garnished with a lime wheel.
You May Also Enjoy These Drink Recipes…
- Negroni Spritz Cocktail
- Vodka Blood Orange Cocktail
- Clarified Gin and Milk Punch Cocktail
- Batida de Coco Brazilian Coconut Cachaça Cocktail
- Tommy’s Margarita Cocktail
- Raspberry Gin Fizz Chambord Cocktail
- Hawaiian Whiskey Pineapple Sour Cocktail
- Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Frozen Rum Raspberry Daiquiri Cocktail
- Fresh Strawberry Mojito Cocktail
- Fresh Berry Lemonade Summer Whiskey Cocktail
- Mango Gin Collins Cocktail
- Lavender Gin Cocktail Lemonade Fizz
- Malfy Grapefruit Gin & Rosemary Cocktail
- GLDN Hour Sparkling Collagen Water Cocktail
How To Make Traditional Colombian Limonada de Coco
Limonada de Coco Colombian Lime and Coconut Drink
- measuring cups
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 5 tbsp White Sugar
- 3 cups Ice
- Lime Slice garnish
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!