Looking for the best frozen Raspberry Daiquiri recipe?
Our quick & easy fresh Raspberry Daiquiri recipe is fun and refreshing. It’s best served on a hot day in the summer on a patio, backyard barbecue or cottage dock.
The homemade refreshing summer drink features premium white rum, lime juice, fresh raspberries, simple syrup and ice.
Save this story to Pinterest!
Would you describe yourself as more of a traditional beer and wine drinker? Looking to get your feet wet in the homemade cocktail game?
The Daiquiri is a classic cocktail traditionally made with rum that originated in Cuba.
Daiquiri is also the name of a beach and an iron mine near Santiago de Cuba, and is a word of Taíno origin. The drink was invented by American mining engineer Jennings Cox, who was in Cuba at the time of the Spanish–American War.
Originally the drink was served in a tall glass packed with smashed ice. A teaspoon of sugar was poured over the ice and the juice of one or two limes was squeezed over the sugar. Two or three ounces of white rum completed the cocktail. The glass was then frosted by stirring with a long-handled spoon. Later the daiquiri evolved to be mixed in a cocktail shaker with the same ingredients but with shaved ice. After a thorough shaking, it was poured into a chilled coupe glass.
Consumption of the Cuban cocktail remained local until 1909, when Rear Admiral Lucius W. Johnson, a U.S. Navy medical officer, tried Cox’s drink. Johnson subsequently introduced it to the Army and Navy Club in Washington, D.C., and drinkers of the daiquiri increased over the space of a few decades. It was one of the favorite drinks of writer Ernest Hemingway and President John F. Kennedy.
The drink blew up in popularity during the 1940s. World War II rationing made whiskey and vodka hard to come by, yet rum was easily obtainable due to U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Good Neighbor policy, which opened up trade and travel relations with Latin America and the Caribbean. The Good Neighbor policy, also known as the Pan-American program, helped make Latin America fashionable. Consequently, rum-based drinks (once frowned upon as being the choice of sailors and down-and-outs), also became fashionable, and the daiquiri saw a tremendous rise in popularity.
Our Raspberry Daiquiri is a rift on the classic Cuban recipe. We blitz the ingredients in a blender with crushed ice to create a smooth frozen raspberry daiquiri.
Travel To Cuba to Taste the World’s Best Raspberry Daiquiri
There’s no better way to achieve Daiquiri Expert status then by traveling to the cocktails birthplace, the friendly island of Cuba.
Cuba is one of the most popular sun destinations for Canadians, which is why so many cocktail lovers from Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal enjoy the classic Caribbean drink so much. Once you’ve tasted a frozen daiquiri on a sun-soaked Cuban beach it leaves a lasting impression.
I sipped over 50 daiquiri cocktails during my first visit to Cuba, which was a circumnavigation cruise. The 10 day itinerary offered stops to popular Cuban destinations like Trinidad, Punta Frances, Holguin and Santiago de Cuba.
While on holiday you can easily order traditional daiquiri cocktails at popular bars in Havana and breezy rural beach resorts. In Havana, tourists flock to El Floridita Bar, a historic fish restaurant and cocktail bar across from the National Museum of Fine Arts.
If you’re looking for a truly authentic experience visit local Cuban restaurant, order a bowl of Ajiaco Cubano and wash it down with a refreshing Raspberry Daiquiri.
The bartender on my cruise made thousands of cocktails a day. I appreciated how he got creative with the recipe by adding fresh fruits. My favourite was his Raspberry Daiquiri recipe but he also prepared the drink with orange segments, pineapple chunks, mango slices and strawberries.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Raspberry Daiquiri recipe soiree you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartenders best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Best Selling Rum
While Daiquiris are traditionally prepared with white rum we suggest using more flavourful dark or spiced rums as well.
Here are some of the world’s best selling rum brands, perfect for muddling into a refreshing Raspberry Daiquiri recipe:
- Havana Club: is Cuba’s most famous rum brand, originally created in 1934. If you’re visiting Havana on holiday we highly suggest taking the Havana Club tour to learn more about the history of rum production on the island and evolution of the mojito.
- Bacardi: the world’s best selling rum was founded in 1862 in Cuba. The company moved to Puerto Rico due to the revolution and today tourists can visit the Cathedral of Rum in San Juan for the ultimate mojito experience.
- Appleton Estates: is a sugar estate and distillery in Jamaica that has been handcrafting rums since 1749. They produce a wide variety of aged rums, as well as standard gold and white rums.
- Captain Morgan: is a brand of flavoured rums named after the 17th-century Welsh privateer of the Caribbean, Sir Henry Morgan.
- Mount Gay: is a rum produced in Barbados, and dates back to 1703, making it the world’s oldest comercial rum distillery.
- Goslings: is a Bermuda-based brand famous for blending and distributing quality rum. Goslings Rum is famously the main ingredient in the Dark & Stormy cocktail.
- The Kraken: is a Caribbean black spiced rum named after the mythical squid-like sea monster. The premium rum product is produced in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Diplomatico: is a premium rum produced in the Andes Mountains in Venezuela.
- Lamb’s: first launched in 1849 and today is made with rums produced in Trinidad and Tobago and Guyana.
- El Dorado: is a premium rum produced in Guyana.
Raspberry Daiquiri Recipe Ingredients
This homemade Raspberry Daiquiri recipe is made with fresh and healthy ingredients.
- Rum: we suggest using Bacardi Lime or Bacardi Superior.
- Raspberries: we purchase fresh raspberries when they’re in season in the summer. You can also substitute frozen berries or purchase Raspberry Puree.
- Lime Juice: only use freshly squeezed lime juice. You can taste the difference when someone incorrectly muddles cocktails with store bought citrus juice.
- Simple Syrup: we always have homemade simple syrup in our fridge but you can also use Organic Ginger Syrup by The Ginger People.
Raspberry Daiquiri Recipe Tips
This Raspberry Daiquiri recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 10 minutes.
The best frozen daiquiri features a smooth and silky texture, which is best achieved by blending the ingredients in a Vitamix.
We love serving our Raspberry Daiquiri recipe on hot days in the summer at family barbecues, cottage happy hour and on a sun-soaked patio.
Our Frozen Raspberry Daiquiri recipe below is listed for one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests. You can easily pour the frozen slushy cocktail into glasses out of your blender. Raspberry Daiquiri
Serve the blended rum drink in a rocks glass or martini glass.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Irish Whiskey Sour Drink Cocktail Recipe
- Best Orange Gin & Yellow Gin For Cocktails
- Healthy Cucumber Gin and Tonic Cocktail Recipe
- Bushmills Cocktail: Irish Whiskey and Apple Juice Recipe
- Best Pink Gin Cocktails
- Best Gin Mixers
- Best Gay Cocktail Drinks To Enjoy During Pride
- Gay Bars Puerto Vallarta: Best Clubs, Cantinas and Cabarets
- Best Ottawa Cocktail Bars
- Best Cocktail Bars in Rochester
- Best Cocktails Bars in Calgary
- Best Cocktail Bars in Savannah
- Best Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Hong Kong
- 5 Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Manhattan
- Best Bali Bars for Cocktail Lovers
- Toronto’s Best Craft Cocktails at Bar Chef
- Shake Up Healthy Absolut Cocktails While Prancing Through Pride
- Celebrate TIFF by Sipping Cocktails at Toronto’s Best Luxury Hotels
- Splash Into Summer with These Sparkling Citrus Cocktails
- This Christmas Craft Festive Cocktails with Quality Chocolate
- Procreate Tutorial: How To Draw A Bottle
Best Frozen Raspberry Daiquiri Recipe
Frozen Rum Raspberry Daiquiri
- Cocktail Glass
- Shot Glass
- Citrus Juicer
- 2 oz White Rum
- 1.5 oz Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Raspberries
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Ice
- Fresh Raspberries garnish
- Add rum, lime juice, simple syrup and raspberries to a blender.
- Pass liquid through a fine sieve into a large measuring cup. Discard raspberry seeds.
- Pour measuring cup back into the blender with 1 cup of ice. Blitz until fully blended.
- Serve in your favourite cocktail glass and garnish with fresh raspberries.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!