Can you cook McCain frozen chips in an air fryer? Absolutely, it’s so easy!
This Air Fryer frozen chips recipe is one of our favourite quick & easy snacks or side dishes to cook when serving grilled burgers and sausages.
Our simple recipe takes only a few minutes to make because it uses frozen store bought chips by McCain.
We suggest serving Air Fryer Frozen Chips with dips like mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, honey or barbecue sauce.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Are Chips?
Chips are the British term for French Fries. They’re most famously served with battered fish at Fish & Chip Shops across the United Kingdom. Visit England, Scotland or Wales and you’ll likely notice that fried chips are a bit thicker and shorter than the American French Fry.
Chips are prepared by cutting potatoes into even strips, drying them, and frying them, usually in a deep fryer. Pre-cut, blanched, and frozen russet potatoes are widely used, and sometimes baked in a convection oven or air fryer.
British Chips are served hot, either soft or crispy, and are generally eaten as part of lunch or dinner or by themselves as a snack, and they commonly appear on the menus of diners, fast food restaurants, pubs, and bars.
They are often salted and may be served with ketchup, vinegar, mayonnaise, tomato sauce, or other local specialities. Chips can be topped more heavily, as in the dishes of poutine or chili cheese fries.
Important to note that British chips are not the same thing as American potato chips as they are called “crisps” in Britain.
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
My Family Loves Cooking Frozen Chips In Air Fryer
My family loves eating potatoes. Some of our favourite potato recipes include:
- Korean Breakfast Recipe Gochujang Baked Eggs & Potato
- Aloo Fry Vegetarian Indian Turmeric Potatoes
- Älplermagronen Cheesy Swiss Alpine Macaroni
- Vegan Spicy Crispy Roasted Harissa Potatoes
- Tater Tot Poutine
- Culurgiones Sardinian Cheese & Potato Stuffed Pasta
- Vegetarian Malai Kofta
- Kartoffelknödel German Potato Dumplings
- Pkaila Tunisian Butter Bean Stew
- Portuguese Bean Soup with Kale and Sausage
- Roti Canai Curry
- Swiss Tartiflette Reblochon
I spent several months researching and writing an article on the Best Steakhouses in Toronto, sampling the city’s finest chips served alongside filet mignon and juicy ribeye.
If you’re looking to make the best frozen chips in an Air Fryer at home we suggest serving them in the summer at a fun family barbecue. Grill some burgers or steaks on the BBQ and serve with crunchy and crispy British-style chips.
Now that we’ve upgraded our kitchen with the trendiest new gadget we love making Frozen Chips in an Air Fryer.
Cooking chips is a modern day marvel for home cooks who have a penchant for preparing decadent barbecue feasts. Air Fryers cook food much quicker and help ensure frozen chips are crispy, moist and delicious!
How To Make McCain Frozen Chips In An Air Fryer
Our air fryer recipe is so easy to make you’ll have it ready to serve in under 15 minutes!
There are two methods to making frozen McCain chips in an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fryer frozen chips in these machines, simply lower the fries into the basket. Ensure the fries aren’t crowded and don’t touch. This will ensure the chips are crispy and uniformly cooked.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare frozen McCain chips in an air fryer at home. Simply place the fries on the tray and watch them brown and get crispy through the glass door.
Best Dips For Chips
We love serving British chips as a quick & easy snack or side dish with grilled meats and burgers.
You can play things simple by enjoying them on their own, or offer guests a variety of dips. Our favourite dips to serve with chips include:
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Plum Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Hot Sauce
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Air Fryer Frozen Chips Recipe Cooking Tips
- Scatter the frozen chips in one single layer on the air fryer basket without any overlap or touching, otherwise you’ll end up with an unevenly cooked and potentially soggy product.
- It’s optional to mist the chips with cooking spray to make them extra crispy.
- We love serving chips at DIY burger or steak dinner parties. Make it fun for your guests by offering a buffet of dips and sauces.
- You can cook frozen or fresh chips in an air fryer. If the fries have thawed reduce the total cooking time by a few minutes and be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- If you’re looking to serve an eye-popping decadent appetizer to guests make this yummy Poutine recipe.
What To Serve With Air Fryer McCain Frozen Chips
Crispy British Chips are a quick & easy snack to prepare last minute. They can be simply enjoyed with your favourite dips or sauces like ketchup, garlic aioli and honey mustard. An easy vegan and vegetarian snack or side dish.
We also love to serve Air Fryer Frozen Chips as a side dish with a fresh salad and selection of burgers, sausages, steaks and sandwiches.
Recipes We Love Serving With Chips…
- Spicy Italian Pork Sausage Burgers
- Oklahoma Fried Onion Burger
- Crispy Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich
- Easy Prime Rib French Dip Sandwich
- Brandy Caramelized Onion French Burger
- Thai Red Curry Prawn Burger
- Pineapple Plantain Jamaican Jerk Chicken Burger
- Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
- Crispy Gruyere Grilled Cheese
- White BBQ Turkey Sandwiches with Jalapeno and Pickles
You May Also Enjoy These Air Fryer Recipes…
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- Cheesy Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Frozen Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer
- Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Fingers Tenders & Strips In Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Seasoned Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Smoky BBQ Bone In Air Fryer Pork Ribs
- Viral TikTok Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Crispy Air Fried Cornish Hen
- Cheesy Bacon Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Healthy Vegan Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
How To Make Frozen McCain Frozen Chips in an Air Fryer
Frozen Chips In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Spatula Flipper
- 300 g Frozen McCain Chips
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F.
- Air fry frozen chips for 15 minutes. Halfway through cooking, shake the basket and gently turn the fries. They are done when crispy and lightly browned.
- Serve hot as an appetizer or snack with ketchup, mayonnaise or aioli for dipping. The perfect side dish for burgers, barbecue or sandwiches.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!