Air Fried Potato Wedges are our favourite crispy and crunchy snack.
Our quick & easy Air Fried Potato Wedges recipe features simple store bought frozen seasoned potato wedges.
We suggest making Frozen Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer and serving them as a healthy vegan or vegetarian snack dipped in some of your favourite sauces like ketchup, mustard, aioli, sour cream, ranch or honey mustard.
We also like to serve Air Fryer Frozen Potato Wedges as a starchy side dish with burgers, steaks, hot dogs or sandwiches.
If you’re a brunch lover they’re the perfect substitue for home fries. Serve on a big plate with scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes and toast.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Are Potato Wedges?
Potato Wedges are irregular wedge-shaped slices of potato, often large and unpeeled, that are typically baked or deep fried.
The crispy wedges are typically sold at diners and fast food restaurants. Potato Wedges are usually seasoned with a variety of spices, including paprika, onion powder, garlic salt and black pepper.
In some regions of the United States, particularly Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Utah, Northeast Ohio, Wisconsin and Upstate New York, a popular variation of potato wedges are known as jojos.
Jojos are potato wedges that are battered, seasoned, and either deep-fried in the same vat as fried chicken, or pressure-fried.
In Australia, potato wedges are a common bar food enjoyed with craft beer, that are almost always served with some kind of sauce for dipping such as sour cream, sweet chilli, ketchup, ranch, and honey mustard.
Once my family purchased a trendy new air fryer we were excited to test out some of our favourite tried and true recipes. These Air Fried Potato Wedges are so easy to make and are addictively crunchy and crispy. We know everyone in your family will love them!
Best Frozen Potato Wedges
Take a stroll down your grocery store freezer aisle and you’ll find many brands selling frozen potato wedges to cook at home in your air fryer.
In the US popular frozen potato wedge brands include Costco, 365 Everyday Value, Publix, Ore-Ida and Trader Joe’s.
Join Dobbernationloves founder Andrew Dobson in the kitchen by signing up for a fun virtual cooking class! Classes begin with a cocktail that you can sip while preparing 2-3 recipes that are curated around a unique culinary theme. Check out our current Cooking Class Schedule!
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
My Family Loves Crispy Air Fried Potato Wedges
My family loves eating potatoes. Some of our favourite potato recipes include:
- Korean Breakfast Recipe Gochujang Baked Eggs & Potato
- Aloo Fry Vegetarian Indian Turmeric Potatoes
- Älplermagronen Cheesy Swiss Alpine Macaroni
- Vegan Spicy Crispy Roasted Harissa Potatoes
- Tater Tot Poutine
- Culurgiones Sardinian Cheese & Potato Stuffed Pasta
- Vegetarian Malai Kofta
- Kartoffelknödel German Potato Dumplings
- Pkaila Tunisian Butter Bean Stew
- Portuguese Bean Soup with Kale and Sausage
- Roti Canai Curry
- Swiss Tartiflette Reblochon
I spent several months researching and writing this article on the Best Steakhouses in Toronto.
I sampled the city’s finest crispy potato wedges served alongside filet mignon and juicy ribeye. At the fanciest steakhouses chef’s often prepare the crisp side dish by deep frying in duck or goose fat.
Looking to make the best Frozen Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer at home?
We suggest preparing this easy air fryer recipe in the summer at a fun family barbecue. Grill some burgers or steaks on the BBQ and serve with crunchy and crispy air fried potato wedges.
Now that we’ve upgraded our kitchen with the trendiest new gadget we love making Air Fryer Frozen Potato Wedges.
Cooking Air Fried Potato Wedges is a modern day marvel for home cooks who have a penchant for serving decadent barbecue feasts. Air Fryers cook food much quicker and help ensure frozen potato wedges are crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.
How To Make Frozen Potato Wedges In Air Fryer
Our air fryer recipe is so easy to make you’ll have them ready to serve in under 20 minutes!
There are two methods to making frozen potato wedges in an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fried Potato Wedges in these machines, simply lower the wedges into the basket. Ensure the wedges aren’t crowded and don’t touch. This will ensure the seasoned potato wedges are crispy and uniformly cooked.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare frozen potato wedges in an air fryer at home. Simply place the wedges on the tray and watch them brown and get crispy through the glass door.
Air Fried Potato Wedges Dips & Sauces
We love serving air fried potato wedges as a quick & easy snack or side dish with grilled meats and burgers. They also make for an easy substitute for home fries at breakfast or brunch.
You can play things simple by eating them on their own, or offer guests a variety of dips. Our favourite dips to serve with crispy Air Fried Potato Wedges include;
- Sour Cream with chopped chives
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Plum Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Hot Sauce
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Wedges Cooking Tips
- Place the frozen potato wedges in one flat layer without any overlap or touching, otherwise you’ll end up with an unevenly cooked and potentially soggy product.
- Lightly mist wedges with cooking spray to ensure they are extra crispy.
- We love serving potato wedges at DIY burger or steak dinner parties. Make it fun for your guests by offering a buffet of dips, sauces and fresh salads.
- You can cook frozen or fresh air fryer wedges. If the seasoned potato wedges have thawed reduce the total cooking time by a few minutes and be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- You can make this recipe gourmet by tossing the cooked potato wedges in grated parmesan cheese and freshly chopped herbs like chives, parsley or basil.
- If you’re looking to serve an eye-popping decadent appetizer to guests make this yummy Crispy Potato Wedges Poutine recipe.
What To Serve With Air Fried Potato Wedges
Crispy Potato Wedges are a quick & easy snack to prepare last minute. They can be simply enjoyed with your favourite dips or sauces like ketchup, garlic aioli and honey mustard.
You May Also Enjoy These Air Fryer Recipes…
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- Cheesy Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Frozen Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer
- Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
- Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Fingers Tenders & Strips In Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Seasoned Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Smoky BBQ Bone In Air Fryer Pork Ribs
- Viral TikTok Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Crispy Air Fried Cornish Hen
- Cheesy Bacon Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Healthy Vegan Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
How To Make Frozen Air Fried Potato Wedges
Frozen Air Fried Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer
- Spatula Flipper
- 650 g Frozen Potato Wedges
- 1/2 tsp Canola Oil or Cooking Spray
- Preheat air fryer to 450 F.
- Spray frozen potato wedges with cooking oil on all sides, or toss with canola oil in a mixing bowl.
- Place frozen potato wedges in the air fryer and spread out evenly. The wedges should not touch, ensuring a crispy result rather than soggy or soft product.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes. Shake or flip potato wedges at the 10 minute mark to ensure even frying.
- Remove air fryer potato wedges once they have browned and have crisped up nicely.
- Serve immediately with your favourite dips.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!