Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings are our favourite snack or appetizer to serve at fun family gatherings.
Air frying frozen chicken wings is quick & easy, producing a finger-licking-good cutlery-free snack for game days like the Super Bowl, kids birthday parties or special holidays like Canada Day or Independence Day.
Cooking frozen chicken wings in an air fryer produces crispy skin and tender and moist meat. Air fry frozen wings and you’ll consume less calories and fat than if you deep fried them. This healthy cooking method also takes less time to cook than in a traditional oven. Who doesn’t love saving time in the kitchen?
We suggest serving Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings with crunchy carrot and celery sticks alongside dips like ranch dressing or creamy blue cheese sauce.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Are Chicken Wings?
They’re simple, easy to cook, full of protein, budget-friendly and a fun finger food for parties and weeknight dinners. Enjoy chicken wings air fried, baked, deep fried, smoked, or grilled on a barbecue.
There are three types of wings you’ll find at the butcher of meat aisle of your grocery store: whole wing, the flat, and the drumette (which looks like a mini-drumstick). When you see these two parts together, it’s easy to imagine the wing of a bird. Before the wing is broken apart, the drumette comes attached to the breast.
Chicken wings are made of tender white meat, even though they’re juicier and have a more concentrated poultry flavour, like dark meat.
Many people think of Buffalo Wings when they think of this part of the chicken as they’re extremely popular at sports bars and pubs in the United States and Canada. The original Buffalo Wing recipe was developed in Buffalo, New York in 1964. It features a buttery, tangy, hot sauce-coated fried wings served with blue cheese dip or ranch dressing and crunchy celery & carrot sticks.
Best Frozen Chicken Wing Brands
In the US and Canada popular frozen chicken wing brands include Schneider’s, President’s Choice, Maple Leaf Prime Chicken, Maple Lodge Farms, Janes, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Tyson, TGI Fridays and Perdue.
If you’re looking for specialty frozen chicken wings be sure to visit the health food aisle in your grocery store where you’ll find gluten free, organic, and free-range frozen chicken wings sold in a variety of finger-licking-good flavours!
My Family Loves Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
My family is obsessed with chicken wings!
My father is well known for his obsession with crispy wings, which he likes to orders with a side of fries or poutine at pubs and sports bars.
As a kid I would always order chicken wings at family restaurants like Swiss Chalet or Wild Wing, dipping them in creamy ranch dressing.
We’d often order a basket of wings as an appetizer for everyone to share before our entrees arrived at the table. My parents can not handle spicy food so never grew up eating hot wings slathered in barbecue sauce. We’d always order sweet Honey Garlic Wings, which are still our favourite!
As an adult I still enjoy eating chicken wings but mostly make them at home as a quick & easy snack or appetizer to serve when I’m entertaining guests. Air Frying Frozen Chicken Wings take just minutes to cook, offering the perfect finger food for Super Bowl and Academy Award Oscar parties.
Now that we’ve upgraded our kitchen with the trendiest new gadget we love making Frozen Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer.
Cooking Frozen Wings in an Air Fryer is a modern day marvel for home cooks who have a penchant for serving quick & easy finger-licking-good party snacks. Air Fryers cook food much quicker than a traditional oven, ensuring frozen chicken wings are crispy, moist and delicious!
How To Make Frozen Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
Our air fryer frozen chicken wings recipe is so easy to make you’ll have it ready to serve in under 30 minutes!
There are two methods to making frozen wings in an air fryer, which depend on the style of device you are using.
- Traditional Basket: air fryers with a removable basket are still the most common. In order to make Air Fryer frozen chicken wings in these machines, simply lower each wing into the basket. Ensure the wings aren’t crowded or touching. This will ensure the wings are crispy and uniformly cooked.
- Toaster Oven Tray: modern air fryers featuring a glass door and tray configuration make it easy to prepare frozen chicken wings in an air fryer at home. Simply place them on the air fryer tray and watch them brown and get crispy through the glass door.
Dips For Chicken Wings
We love serving Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings as a quick & easy snack or appetizer.
You can play things simple by enjoying them on their own, or offer guests a variety of dips for dunking. Be sure to have lots of napkins or paper towels handy to avoid kids wiping their sticky hands on your couch!
Our favourite chicken wing dips are:
- Creamy Blue Cheese Dip
- Ranch Dressing
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Plum Sauce
- Garlic Aioli
- Barbecue Sauce
- Honey Mustard
- Hot Sauce
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings Cooking Tips
- You do not need to thaw frozen chicken wings before putting them in the air fryer. Cook them directly out of the freezer.
- Place the frozen chicken wings in one flat layer without any overlap or touching, otherwise you’ll end up with an unevenly cooked and potentially soggy product.
- It’s option to lightly mist chicken wings with cooking spray to ensure they are extra crispy.
- We love serving crispy wings at kids birthday parties as a DIY cutlery-free snack. Children love having lots of options so make sure you have at least 10 sauces for them to sample and enjoy with their meal. You can also serve air fried frozen chicken wings on a buffet with a selection of pizza, burgers and sandwiches.
- If you’re hosting a tasting for chicken aficionados purchase several kinds of frozen wings so there are plenty of flavour options to sample. Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are popular with those who don’t like spicy food. Buffalo Chicken Wings are creamy with a hint of spice. And there are plenty of frozen wings featuring a classic barbecue flavour with varying degrees of heat intensity. Make sure to include at least one smoked chicken wing flavour for an authentic bbq experience.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings are a quick & easy snack to prepare last minute or as a simple lunch or dinner.
At restaurants crispy wings are typically served on a plate or basket with crunchy carrots and celery sticks alongside creamy ranch or blue cheese dip.
If you’re looking for a heartier meal, air fry chicken wings then serve them with sweet potato fries, french fries or poutine. For a healthier option we love to prepare a few fresh salads like Roasted Beetroot Salad with Grapefruit, Garlic Lemon Chickpea Avocado Salad, Arugula Fig Burrata and Prosciutto Salad and Toasted Pecan Parmesan Pear and Rocket Salad.
After dinner why not dazzle your guests with one of our popular desserts such as Cherry Lovers Black Forest Tiramisu, Gianduja Lindt Lindor Chocolate Cake, Oat Flour Cookies with Chocolate Chips, Dark Chocolate Lindt Lindor Cookies, Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes Recipe, Rhubarb Strawberry Dutch Baby or Jordgubbstårta Swedish Strawberry Cake.
Best Air Fryers
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil. A fan circulates hot air at high speed, producing a crisp layer via browning reactions.
In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer brand of convection oven at a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It used the patented Rapid Air technology, though the term air fryer is now used generically.
Early air fryers were barrel-shaped, though more recently, many have come to resemble toaster ovens and pressure cookers, offering additional functions like toasting, baking, dehydrating and rotisserie.
A decade after their launch, Air Fryers are now one of the trendiest kitchen appliance. They are particularly popular with gourmands living in condos or apartments in big cities like Toronto as they reduce the number of appliances taking up space in your kitchen.
- Hamilton Beach: I tested this recipe with a Hamilton Beach toaster oven-style air fryer. They are an excellent option for those looking for an affordable air fryer and I particularly like mine as it allowed me to replace my toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie. It’s also easier to spread food out and make it crispy by using a baking tray rather than a basket.
- Instant Vortex: This popular air fryer is brought to you by the inventors of the popular Instant Pot. It’s 6 quart capacity features an easy to clean tray that air frys, roasts and bakes.
- COSORI: This 5.8 quart air fryer is an 11-in-1 cooker featuring a nonstick basket and helpful shake reminder setting.
- Ninja: This premium brand is the perfect option for those looking to invest in a heavy duty stainless steel air fryer. The product has been designed to look similar to an Instant Pot, with the top of the air fryer flipping backwards so you can easily lower a basket filled with food.
- NuWave: This sleek digital air fryer features a traditional removable basket and reaches temperatures up to 390 F.
You May Enjoy These Air Fryer Recipes…
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Healthy Vegan Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
- Cheesy Bacon Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Easy Crispy Air Fried Cornish Hen
- Viral TikTok Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Smoky BBQ Bone In Air Fryer Pork Ribs
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Easy Seasoned Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- Easy Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Easy Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Fingers Tenders & Strips In Air Fryer
- Easy Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer
- Easy Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer Recipe
- Frozen Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Nachos Recipe
- Cheesy Garlic Bread In Air Fryer Recipe
- Easy Homemade Air Fryer Popcorn Recipe
How To Make Easy Frozen Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer
- Tongs or Spatula Flipper
- 1 lb Frozen Chicken Wings
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F.
- Place the frozen chicken wings in the air fryer basket and spread in an even layer.
- Air Fry frozen chicken wings in the basket for 25-30 minutes, flipping the wings a couple times while cooking.
- Serve crispy air fried chicken wings hot with carrot sticks and dip.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!