Learn how to make the best Iced Irish Coffee cocktail recipe.
Ireland is home to many award-winning whiskey brands that taste great when shaken in the morning with freshly brewed coffee and topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
Enjoy premium Irish whiskey in your morning coffee for a festive holiday drink best enjoyed during the fall at Thanksgiving or winter during the holiday Christmas season. And don’t forget St. Patrick’s Day!
You can transform this Iced Irish Coffee cocktail into a dessert by adding two scoops of vanilla, caramel or chocolate ice cream!
Save this story to Pinterest!
Travel to Ireland to Sip Iced Irish Coffee
There’s no better way to familiarize yourself with the best Iced Irish Coffee recipe then by planning a vacation to visit the world’s best whiskey distilleries.
In Scotland we enjoyed a scenic road trip to the Isle of Islay, which is best known for its famous Islay Scotch whisky distilleries. If you’re looking to experience the best things to do on the Isle of Islay visit award-winning distilleries like Bruichladdich, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Ardbeg and Bowmore.
Fly over to Ireland and you’ll find plenty of fine whiskey produced by famous distilleries like Jamesons and Bushmills. There’s no better way to educate yourself about Irish Whiskey then by taking a tour of Jameson Distillery near Cork and Bushmills along the Causeway Coast. They’re both worth a day trip from Dublin.
Every pub, bar, restaurants and hotel cocktail bar in Ireland (including the tiniest Bed and Breakfast) has a bottle of Irish Whiskey on a shelf somewhere ready to satisfy a weary traveler. On a hot day, ask to have it added to your morning mug filled with ice to enjoy an authentic Iced Irish Coffee experience.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Day Trips From Dublin: Belfast to Blarney Castle
- Ireland Road Trip: Best Places To Visit On An Irish Holiday
- Honeymoon in Ireland at These Romantic Luxury Hotels
- Cliff House Ardmore: Best Spa Break in Ireland Offers Michelin Dining
- Cliff at Lyons Wedding: A Romantic Luxury Hotel Near Dublin
- Smithwick’s Experience: Beer Tour in Kilkenny
- Things To Do in Cork: Southern Ireland’s Capital of Cool
- Ardmore Cliff Walk: Scenic Seaside Hike in Ireland
- Jameson Distillery Tour: Cork’s Irish Whiskey Wonderland
- Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny: Downtown Luxury Accommodation
- Things To Do in Kilkenny: Explore Ireland’s Medieval Marvel
- In Search of Virtue: An Irish Genealogy and Ancestry Adventure
- Exploring the Causeway Coast from Belfast to Bushmills
- Things To Do in Belfast: Gay Holiday in Northern Ireland’s Capital
- St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin
- Exploring Ireland’s Rugged West Coast
Best Irish Whiskey
Iced Irish Coffee is quick and easy to prepare. Authentic recipe ingredients include Irish whiskey, cream, coffee, whipped cream and caramel sauce.
If it’s your first time making a homemade Iced Irish Coffee you’ll want to sample a selection of bottles distilled on the Emerald Isle.
Our favourite Irish whiskies include:
- Jameson Irish Whiskey: The world’s most popular Irish whiskey brand. Expect smooth and toasty notes of malted barley with hints of sugar.
- Bushmills Original: The original bottling of this classic Irish whiskey, its lighter palette speaks of fresh berries and subtle vanilla notes that make it a perfect starting point for those who want to build their understanding of Irish whiskey.
- Tullamore D.E.W. Original: This blended Irish whiskey is a perennial favorite for its smooth finish and versatile, citrus-forward palette that makes it a perfect pick for fruitier cocktails like a classic sour.
- Teeling Whiskey: Awarded Best Blended Irish Whiskey at the 2018 Irish Whiskey Awards. Light, smooth and sweet on the palate, with notes of burnt sugar, tropical fruit, vanilla and spice.
- Redbreast: It’s velvety and fruity, and has just enough oak to add character and flavor without getting too woody. It’s rich, spicy and full of dried red fruit.
- Powers Gold Label: This heavier style of a blended Irish whiskey is great for all types of cocktails. Think honey, golden raisins, and hay.
- Green Spot: One the few single pot-stilled Irish whiskeys aged 7-10 years. The whiskey matures in a combination of new bourbon and refill bourbon casks as well as sherry casks.
- The Sexton: Produced from triple distilled 100% malted barley, and aged in former sherry butts. The dark hexagonal bottle featuring a spooky skeleton is our fave!
Iced Irish Coffee Tips
- If you’re looking to make a dairy-free and vegan-friendly iced coffee cocktail prepare this recipe with soy, almond or oat milk.
- We’ve prepared this recipe with a festive twirl of whipping cream on top drizzled with caramel sauce. If you’re looking to cut back on calories or don’t like whipped cream feel free to omit it.
- You can also substitute garnishes. Replace caramel sauce with fudge or use dark chocolate or white chocolate shavings.
- Transform this boozy brunch cocktail into a decadent dessert by adding 2 scoops of vanilla, caramel or chocolate ice cream.
- We suggest serving Iced Irish Coffee in a glass mug but you can also pour the drink into a normal coffee mug.
- This is our favourite cocktail recipe for using up leftover cold coffee that hasn’t been finished at breakfast. You can also use freshly brewed coffee but ensure it cools to room temperature first or you’ll find the ice cubes melting in seconds.
- For a richer coffee experience use cold espresso.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Iced Irish Coffee soiree you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartenders best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Aperol Gin Cocktail Drink Recipe
- Gin and Cranberry Juice Cocktail Drink Recipe
- Pomegranate Gin Fizz Cocktail Drink Recipe
- Irish Whiskey Sour Drink Cocktail Recipe
- Healthy Cucumber Gin and Tonic Cocktail Recipe
- Bushmills Cocktail: Irish Whiskey and Apple Juice Recipe
- Best Gin Mixers For Easy Homemade Cocktail Drinks
- Best Recipes For Pretty Pink Gin Cocktails
- Best Gay Cocktail Drinks To Enjoy During Pride
- Procreate Tutorial: How To Draw A Bottle
- Best Cocktail Bars in Savannah
- Best Ottawa Cocktail Bars
- Best Cocktail Bars in Rochester
- Best Cocktails Bars in Calgary
- Best Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Hong Kong
- Best Bali Bars for Cocktail Lovers
- 5 Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Manhattan
Best Homemade Iced Irish Coffee Recipe
Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Coffee Maker
- Cocktail Glass
- Cocktail spoon
- Shot Glass
- 6 oz Coffee
- 0.5 oz Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Irish Whiskey
- 1 oz Heavy Cream
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!