Learn how to make the best homemade Whiskey and Sprite cocktail recipe.
Our quick & easy drink recipe features premium whiskey, Sprite soda and a garnish of fresh lime or lemon slice or wedge.
If you’re looking to make yourself a refreshing drink fast, this 3 ingredient whiskey cocktail takes just one minute to make!
Save this story to Pinterest!
Whiskey and Sprite Recipe
Sprite is a colourless, lemon and lime-flavored soda pop created by Coca-Cola.
The popular citrus soft drink was first developed in West Germany in 1959 as Fanta Klare Zitrone and was introduced in the United States under the current brand name Sprite in 1961 as a competitor to 7 Up.
Looking to make a quick cocktail drink to bring to a potluck, cottage or camping trip? Grab a few cans or bottles of Sprite and stir the soda with your favourite whiskey to enjoy a refreshing citrus drink.
You can use regular Sprite, one of the diet no/low sugar options like Sprite Zero or one of the brands many unique flavours including cranberry, cherry, grape, orange, and vanilla.
Travel The World to Taste Whiskey
There’s no better way to familiarize yourself with the best Whiskey and Sprite cocktail recipe then by planning a vacation to visit the world’s best whiskey distilleries.
Some of the world’s most famous whiskey/whisky distilleries can be found in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The booming whiskey trend has also produced a high demand for premium whiskey produced by distilleries in Canada and America.
In Scotland we enjoyed a scenic road trip to the Isle of Islay, which is best known for its famous Islay Scotch whisky distilleries. If you’re looking to experience the best things to do on the Isle of Islay visit award-winning distilleries like Bruichladdich, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Ardbeg and Bowmore.
Fly over to Ireland and you’ll find plenty of fine whiskey produced by famous distilleries like Jamesons and Bushmills. There’s no better way to educate yourself about Irish Whiskey then by taking a tour of Jameson Distillery near Cork and Bushmills along the Causeway Coast. They’re both worth a day trip from Dublin.
Looking to plan the ultimate road trip of Canada to discover the best Canadian whisky?
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a Sprite and Whiskey soiree you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartenders best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Whiskey and Sprite Ingredients
Our homemade Whiskey and Sprite recipe is made of just 3 ingredients and can be made in under 1 minute!
- Whiskey: you can use your favourite Canadian Rye, Bourbon, Irish Whiskey or Scotch.
- Sprite Soda: is a colourless lemon and lime flavoured soft drink similar to 7 Up.
- Garnish: before serving add a lemon or lime wheel, slice or wedge to the edge of the glass.
Whiskey and Sprite Cocktail Tips
This cocktail recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 1 minute!
We love serving this Whiskey Sprite recipe in the summer at the cottage or camping. It’s also an easy drink to prepare at potlucks, house parties and barbecues.
Our Whiskey and Sprite recipe serves one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Best Pink Gin Cocktails
- Best Orange Gin & Yellow Gin For Cocktails
- Best Gin Mixers
- Best Gay Cocktail Drinks To Enjoy During Pride
- Exploring the World of Whiskey at Home
- Multnomah Whiskey Library in Portland
- Gay Bars Puerto Vallarta: Best Clubs, Cantinas and Cabarets
- Best Ottawa Cocktail Bars
- Best Cocktail Bars in Rochester
- Best Cocktails Bars in Calgary
- Best Cocktail Bars in Savannah
- Best Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Hong Kong
- 5 Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Manhattan
- Best Bali Bars for Cocktail Lovers
- Toronto’s Best Craft Cocktails at Bar Chef
- Shake Up Healthy Absolut Cocktails While Prancing Through Pride
- Celebrate TIFF by Sipping Cocktails at Toronto’s Best Luxury Hotels
- Splash Into Summer with These Sparkling Citrus Cocktails
- This Christmas Craft Festive Cocktails with Quality Chocolate
- Procreate Tutorial: How To Draw A Bottle
- Aperol Gin Cocktail Drink Recipe
- Gin and Cranberry Juice Cocktail Drink Recipe
- Pomegranate Gin Fizz Cocktail Drink Recipe
- Irish Whiskey Sour Drink Cocktail Recipe
- Healthy Cucumber Gin and Tonic Cocktail Recipe
- Bushmills Cocktail: Irish Whiskey and Apple Juice Recipe
Best Easy Whiskey and Sprite Cocktail Recipe
Whiskey and Sprite
- Cocktail Glass
- Shot Glass
- 2 oz Whiskey
- 4 oz Sprite
- Lemon or Lime Slice garnish
- Fill a collins glass with ice.
- Add whiskey then top with Sprite.
- Muddle with a cocktail spoon.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime slice.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!