Learn how to make the best Whiskey and Coke cocktail recipe.
Our quick & easy drink recipe features premium whiskey, Coca Cola soda pop, lime and ice.
Save this story to Pinterest!
Classic Whiskey and Coke Cocktail
Coca-Cola, or Coke, is a carbonated soft drink manufactured by The Coca-Cola Company.
Originally marketed as a temperance drink and intended as a patent medicine, it was invented in the late 19th century by John Stith Pemberton and was bought out by businessman Asa Griggs Candler, whose marketing tactics led Coca-Cola to its dominance of the world soft-drink market throughout the 20th century.
The soft drink’s name refers to two of its original ingredients: coca leaves, and kola nuts (its source of caffeine).
Looking to make a quick cocktail to bring to a potluck, cottage or camping trip? Grab a few cans or bottles of Coke and stir the soda with your favourite whiskey to enjoy a refreshingly simple drink.
You can use regular Coke, one of the diet no/low sugar options like Coke Zero or one of the brands many unique flavours including black cherry, vanilla and ginger.
Travel The World to Taste Whiskey
There’s no better way to familiarize yourself with the best Whiskey and Coke cocktail recipe then by planning a vacation to visit the world’s best whiskey distilleries.
Some of the world’s most famous whiskey/whisky distilleries can be found in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The booming whiskey trend has also produced a high demand for premium whiskey produced by distilleries in Canada and America.
In Scotland we enjoyed a scenic road trip to the Isle of Islay, which is best known for its famous Islay Scotch whisky distilleries. If you’re looking to experience the best things to do on the Isle of Islay visit award-winning distilleries like Bruichladdich, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Ardbeg and Bowmore.
Fly over to Ireland and you’ll find plenty of fine whiskey produced by famous distilleries like Jamesons and Bushmills. There’s no better way to educate yourself about Irish Whiskey then by taking a tour of Jameson Distillery near Cork and Bushmills along the Causeway Coast. They’re both worth a day trip from Dublin.
Looking to plan the ultimate road trip of Canada to discover the best Canadian whisky?
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Whiskey Coke soiree you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartenders best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Whiskey and Coke Ingredients
Our homemade Whiskey and Coke recipe is easy to make in under 1 minute!
- Whiskey: you can use your favourite Canadian Rye, Bourbon, Irish Whiskey or Scotch.
- Coca Cola: use regular coke, diet coke or your favourite flavoured coca cola product.
- Lime Juice: we always suggest juicing fresh limes as you’ll taste the difference. Do not use store bought lime juice!
- Garnish: before serving add a lemon or lime wheel, slice or wedge to the edge of the glass.
Whiskey and Coke Cocktail Tips
This cocktail recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 1 minute!
We love serving this Whiskey and Coke recipe in the summer at the cottage or camping. It’s also an easy drink to prepare at potlucks, house parties and barbecues.
Our Whiskey and Coke recipe serves one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug.
You May Also Enjoy These Whiskey Cocktails…
- Wheat Beer and Whiskey Cocktail
- Ginger Whiskey Pear Cocktail
- Hawaiian Whiskey Pineapple Sour Cocktail
- Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Cherry Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- Fresh Blueberry Buck Whiskey Cocktail
- Fresh Berry Lemonade Summer Whiskey Cocktail
- Whisky Orange Juice Cocktail
- Classic Scotch Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Whiskey and Ginger Ale Cocktail
- Perfect Rob Roy Scotch Manhattan Cocktail
- Scotch Sour Whisky Cocktail
- Whiskey and Ginger Beer Cocktail
- Irish Old Fashioned Whiskey Cocktail
- Baileys Apple Pie Cocktail
- Baileys Iced Coffee Cocktail
- Irish Whiskey Sour
- Bushmills Irish Whiskey and Apple Juice
Best Easy Whiskey and Coke Cocktail Recipe
Whiskey and Coke
- Citrus Juicer
- Cocktail Glass
- Shot Glass
- 2 oz Whiskey
- 4 oz Coca Cola
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- Lime Slice garnish
- Add the whiskey to an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Top with Coca Cola and lime juice.
- Garnish with lemon or lime slice.
Save this story to Pinterest!