Looking for the best Rum and Orange Juice cocktail recipe?
Our quick & easy fresh Rum and Orange Juice is fun and refreshing. It’s our favourite boozy drink to serve at brunch on Christmas morning, Mother’s Day and Easter.
The homemade refreshing breakfast cocktail features premium rum, fresh orange juice, lime juice, soda water, grenadine and orange wheel.
Save this story to Pinterest!
Classic Rum and Orange Juice
The marriage of quality rum and fresh orange juice is a match made in heaven!
Rum is produced in tropical regions like Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Barbados and Jamaica. The spirit is distilled using locally harvested sugarcane and when muddled with freshly squeezed orange juice it creates a drink that is truly refreshing.
Rum and Orange Juice is an easy cocktail to serve anytime of the day. We most love to sip rum and orange drinks at celebratory brunch or breakfast events like Christmas morning, Mother’s Day brunch and Easter.
If your adult family and friends are fans of fresh citrus they’ll love this quick and easy brunch cocktail recipe.
Travel to Taste the World’s Best Rum and Orange Juice
There’s no better way to declare yourself a Rum and Orange Juice expert then by traveling the world to visit the best rum distilleries.
The world’s best rums are produced in the Caribbean and Latin America and can be divided into 3 styles based on the local language:
- English-Speaking: areas are known for darker rums with a fuller taste that retains a greater amount of molasses flavour and include Bahamas, Antigua, Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines.
- French-Speaking: areas are best known for their agricultural rums, produced exclusively from sugar cane juice and include Haiti, Guadeloupe and Martinique.
- Spanish-Speaking: areas of the former Spanish Empire traditional produce añejo rums that are smooth in taste and include Colombia, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama, the Philippines, Puerto Rico and Venezuela.
Most rum distillery tours allow guests to see the raw sugar cane arrive into the production area, offer an explanation on the distilling process and finish with a tutored tasting. Some distilleries even have a cocktail bar where you can sip classic rum drinks like a mojito, daiquiri and rum and orange juice.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Rum and Orange Juice brunch you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartenders best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Best Selling Rum
Here are some of the world’s best selling rum brands, perfect for muddling into a refreshing Rum and Orange Juice cocktail:
- Havana Club: is Cuba’s most famous rum brand, originally created in 1934. If you’re visiting Havana on holiday we highly suggest taking the Havana Club tour to learn more about the history of rum production on the island and evolution of the mojito.
- Bacardi: the world’s best selling rum was founded in 1862 in Cuba. The company moved to Puerto Rico due to the revolution and today tourists can visit the Cathedral of Rum in San Juan for the ultimate mojito experience.
- Appleton Estates: is a sugar estate and distillery in Jamaica that has been handcrafting rums since 1749. They produce a wide variety of aged rums, as well as standard gold and white rums.
- Captain Morgan: is a brand of flavoured rums named after the 17th-century Welsh privateer of the Caribbean, Sir Henry Morgan.
- Mount Gay: is a rum produced in Barbados, and dates back to 1703, making it the world’s oldest comercial rum distillery.
- Goslings: is a Bermuda-based brand famous for blending and distributing quality rum. Goslings Rum is famously the main ingredient in the Dark & Stormy cocktail.
- The Kraken: is a Caribbean black spiced rum named after the mythical squid-like sea monster. The premium rum product is produced in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Diplomatico: is a premium rum produced in the Andes Mountains in Venezuela.
- Lamb’s: first launched in 1849 and today is made with rums produced in Trinidad and Tobago and Guyana.
- El Dorado: is a premium rum produced in Guyana.
Rum and Orange Juice Ingredients
This homemade Rum and Orange Juice recipe is made with fresh and healthy ingredients.
- Rum: we suggest using Bacardi, Mount Gay or Diplomatico Rum.
- Orange Juice: we suggest using freshly squeezed orange juice but if you’re short on time feel free to purchase Ocean Spray Orange Juice.
- Lime Juice: use freshly squeezed lime juice, you’ll taste the difference.
- Grenadine Syrup: dark red sweet grenadine syrup is prepared with pomegranates.
- Soda Water: we suggest using Fever Tree Club Soda. You could also use sparkling water from your own Soda Stream machine.
- Garnish: decorate the rim of the cocktail glass with a fresh orange slice, wedge or wheel.
Rum and Orange Juice Cocktail Tips
This Rum and Orange Juice recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 5 minutes.
We love serving our Rum and Orange Juice recipe at celebratory brunch or breakfast events like Christmas morning, Mother’s Day brunch and Easter.
We suggest serving this brunch cocktail with some of our favourite breakfast recipes like Southern Smoked Baked Beans with Bacon, Blueberry Lemon Muffin Tops, Vegan Buckwheat Gluten Free Porridge, Mihlama Kuymak Turkish Melted Cheese and Cornmeal, Sourdough French Toast, Frozen Eggo Waffles In Air Fryer, Kardemummabullar Swedish Cardamom Buns, Healthy Breakfast Polenta Bowl, Blueberry Mango Crepes, Banana Oat Flour Pancakes, Chocolate Cherry Pancakes with Ricotta and Baileys French Toast.
We’ve used traditional navel oranges in this recipe but you could also substitute for freshly squeezed mandarin, clementine or blood orange juice.
Our Rum and Orange Juice recipe below is listed for one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug rather than a cocktail shaker.
Serve the drink in a highball or collins glass with whole ice cubes or crushed ice.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Irish Whiskey Sour Drink Cocktail Recipe
- Best Orange Gin & Yellow Gin For Cocktails
- Healthy Cucumber Gin and Tonic Cocktail Recipe
- Bushmills Cocktail: Irish Whiskey and Apple Juice Recipe
- Best Pink Gin Cocktails
- Best Gin Mixers
- Best Gay Cocktail Drinks To Enjoy During Pride
- Gay Bars Puerto Vallarta: Best Clubs, Cantinas and Cabarets
- Best Ottawa Cocktail Bars
- Best Cocktail Bars in Rochester
- Best Cocktails Bars in Calgary
- Best Cocktail Bars in Savannah
- Best Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Hong Kong
- 5 Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Manhattan
- Best Bali Bars for Cocktail Lovers
- Toronto’s Best Craft Cocktails at Bar Chef
- Shake Up Healthy Absolut Cocktails While Prancing Through Pride
- Celebrate TIFF by Sipping Cocktails at Toronto’s Best Luxury Hotels
- Splash Into Summer with These Sparkling Citrus Cocktails
- This Christmas Craft Festive Cocktails with Quality Chocolate
- Procreate Tutorial: How To Draw A Bottle
Best Rum and Orange Juice Recipe
Rum and Orange Juice
- Citrus Juicer
- Shot Glass
- Cocktail Glass
- 2 oz Rum
- 5 oz Orange Juice
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1 oz Soda Water
- 0.5 oz Grenadine
- Orange Wheel garnish
- Fill a collins glass with ice cubes.
- Add rum, orange juice, lime juice, grenadine and soda water. Stir with a cocktail spoon until well combined.
- Garnish with orange wheel.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!