Purchase a bottle of Smirnoff Lemonade to make this easy refreshing Vodka Pink Lemonade Cocktail.
This quick & easy Smirnoff Lemonade drink recipe is a fun and refreshing beverage to enjoy at summer cottage barbeques, spring garden parties and Mother’s Day brunch.
Smirnoff Pink Lemonade is a sweetened and flavoured 30% alc/vol vodka. It pours light pink and is flavoured with tart lemon and sweet raspberries and strawberries. It’s the perfect pink coloured vodka to use when a craving for a thirst quenching spritzer hits!
Pour this Vodka Pink Lemonade recipe into an ice filled Collins glasses and garnish with sliced lemon wheels and a cocktail pick adorned with fresh raspberries or strawberries.
Save this story to Pinterest!
Smirnoff Vodka Pink Lemonade
Looking for the perfect pretty pink cocktail recipe to make on a hot summer day or special celebration like Mother’s Day?
Smirnoff Vodka Pink Lemonade is a seasonal spirit popularly enjoyed in the Spring and Summer at cottage barbecues, garden parties and afternoon tea celebrations.
The 750ml vodka bottle label features warm splashes of purple, pink and yellow. You’ll find a sun-shaped lemon slice and palm trees decorating the bottle. It gives off a distinct Miami beach cocktail party vibe.
The 30% alc/vol vodka beverage is flavoured and sweetened with tart lemon, strawberries and raspberries. It’s the perfect spirit to muddle into a refreshing vodka spritzer.
Vladimir Smirnoff fled Russia during the Revolution and re-established the brand in Europe in the early 1920s. Today, Smirnoff Vodka is made in the USA, Canada, Great Britain, Italy, Australia, Jamaica, Brazil, Argentina, India, South Korea, Indonesia and Kenya.
What Is Lemonade?
Lemonade is a sweetened lemon-flavoured beverage. There are a variety of different lemonades found throughout the world.
In North America and Asia, cloudy lemonade dominates. It is traditionally a homemade drink using lemon juice, water, and a sweetener such as cane sugar, simple syrup or honey.
In the United Kingdom, Ireland, Central Europe and Australia, carbonated lemonade is more common. In these regions Sprite and 7-Up, citrus flavoured sparkling soda pops, are referred to as lemonade.
What Is Pink Lemonade?
As early as 1892, E.E. Kellogg’s Science in the Kitchen features a pink lemonade recipe calling for “a half a cup of fresh or canned strawberry, red raspberry, currant or cranberry juice.”
In Canada and the US pink lemonade has been popular for decades and often tastes the same as yellow-coloured lemonade. Pink lemonade can derive its colour from food colouring or with the addition of red coloured fruits like strawberry, raspberry or even watermelon.
What Is Vodka?
In the 90’s vodka was all the rage, as martini bars sprung up in cocktail-loving North American cities like Toronto and New York.
Vodka is a clear distilled alcoholic beverage. Different varieties originated in Poland, Latvia, Russia, and Sweden. Vodka is composed mainly of water and ethanol but sometimes with traces of impurities and flavourings. Traditionally, it is made by distilling liquid from fermented cereal grains.
What Is Smirnoff Pink Lemonade Good To Mix With?
Since Smirnoff Pink Lemonade tastes tart like lemons we suggest serving it with a spritzer or seltzer. Add sweet components to balance out the tartness like fresh berries or simple syrup.
If you’re hoping to serve a pink coloured vodka cocktail make sure your mixer is a complimentary colour. We like adding sparkling soda water, San Pellegrino Limonata, cranberry juice or pomegranate juice.
Is There Vodka In Smirnoff Pink Lemonade?
Yes! Smirnoff has infused its premium vodka with red berries like strawberries and raspberries.
The sweetness balances out the tart lemon flavour perfectly. The bottle is slightly sweetened and a popular spirit to use when making refreshing vodka spritzers in the summer.
How Much Alcohol Does Smirnoff Pink Lemonade Have?
A 750 mL Smirnoff Pink Lemonade bottle contains 30% alc/vol, slightly lower than a the standard 40% alc/vol for straight vodkas. The reduction in alcohol is due to the spirits sugar, lemon and berry content.
Is Smirnoff Pink Lemonade Ready-To-Drink?
Our Vodka Pink Lemonade Cocktail recipe features Smirnoff Pink Lemonade, which is a sweetened and flavoured spirit. It can be enjoyed as a shot but we prefer to muddle it into mixed drinks.
You can also purchase Smirnoff Ice Pink Lemonade which are ready-to-drink cocktails sold in glass bottles and cans.
Vodka Pink Lemonade Cocktail Recipe Ingredients
Our sparkling Smirnoff Lemonade cocktail is quick and easy to make.
- Smirnoff Pink Lemonade: a 30% alc/vol flavoured vodka with hints of tart lemon and sweet raspberries and strawberries.
- San Pellegrino Limonata: this Italian soda is flavoured with tart lemons and easy to find at your local grocery store or online.
- Soda Water: we suggest using premium Fever Tree Club Soda. You could also use sparkling water from your own Soda Stream machine.
- Lemon: decorate the rim of the cocktail glass with a lemon wheel or wedge.
- Berries: garnish the glass with a cocktail pick skewered with fresh raspberries or strawberries.
Smirnoff Lemonade Recipe Tips
This Vodka Pink Lemonade drink recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 5 minutes.
We love serving our Smirnoff Lemonade cocktail during the summer or at special occasions like Mother’s Day brunch.
We suggest storing the bottle in your freezer a few hours before making the drinks to ensure the vodka is well chilled.
We’ve used San Pellegrino Limonata as a mixer in this recipe because we love a tart mixed drink but you can substitute for your favourite store bought sweet pink lemonade.
You can adjust the amount of soda in the drink depending on how many fizzy bubbles you prefer. Add more soda if you like a less boozy and more refreshing beverage.
This Vodka Pink Lemonade recipe is listed for one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug rather than a cocktail shaker.
Serve the drink in your prettiest glassware with whole ice cubes or crushed ice. If you like a more refreshing and less boozy cocktail serve in larger Collins glasses to give room for more soda water.
You can make a Smirnoff Lemonade Slushie by adding the drink to your blender with crushed ice. Blitz until you have created a smooth shush consistency and serve as a fun pink coloured frozen beverage.
You can serve the lemon wheel as a garnish on the glass or muddle them into the drink for eye-popping visual appeal. If you don’t have a cocktail pick at home feel free to muddle fresh berries into the glass.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky summer Smirnoff Lemonade Cocktail soiree you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
You May Also Enjoy These Gin & Vodka Cocktail Recipes…
- Vodka and Coke Cocktail
- White Russian Amarula Cocktail
- Vodka Blood Orange Cocktail
- Mint Lime Vodka Mojito Cocktail
- Mint Chocolate After Eight Cocktail
- Smirnoff Rocket Cocktail
- Italian Prosecco and Gin Cocktail
- Raspberry Gin Fizz Chambord Cocktail
- Sour Lemon Blueberry Gin Cocktail
- Mango Gin Collins Cocktail
- Lavender Gin Cocktail Lemonade Fizz
- Malfy Grapefruit Gin & Rosemary Cocktail
- Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Cocktail
How To Make A Smirnoff Vodka Pink Lemonade Cocktail Recipe
Smirnoff Vodka Pink Lemonade Cocktail
- 2 oz Smirnoff Pink Lemonade
- 4 oz San Pellegrino Limonata
- 1 oz Soda
- Lemon Wheel garnish
- Berry Skewer garnish
- Add Smirnoff Pink Lemonade to an ice filled Collins glass.
- Top with San Pellegrino Limonata and a splash of soda.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and fresh berry skewer.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!