Looking for the most deliciously decadent Kinder Bueno Brownie recipe?
Our easy Kinder Bueno Brownies are the perfect sweet treat for chocolate lovers!
Enjoy snacking on chewy chocolate brownies filled with crunchy Italian hazelnut cream wafer cookies.
You can make this Kinder Bueno Brownie recipe any day of the year as a sweet snack or dessert. We particularly love to make them for birthdays and special celebrations like Valentine’s Day and Christmas.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is A Kinder Bueno Brownie?
Chocolate brownies, also known simply as brownies, are square or rectangular chocolate baked confections.
Brownies come in a variety of forms and may be either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density. Brownies often, but not always, have a glossy “skin” on their upper crust.
They may also include nuts, frosting, cream cheese, chocolate chips, or other ingredients. A variation made with brown sugar and vanilla rather than chocolate in the batter is called a blond brownie or blondie.
The brownie was developed in the United States at the end of the 19th century and popularized there during the first half of the 20th century. In 1899, the first-known recipe for brownies was published in Machias Cookbook. They were called “Brownie’s Food”. The recipe appears on page 23 in the cake section of the book. Marie Kelley from Whitewater, Wisconsin, created the recipe.
Chocolate brownies are typically eaten by hand, often accompanied by milk, served warm with ice cream “a la mode”, topped with whipped cream, or sprinkled with powdered sugar and fudge.
In Canada they are common homemade treats and are also popular on restaurant dessert menus, at pastry shops and cafes.
One of our favourite renditions of the classic dessert is this Kinder Bueno Brownie recipe. Enjoy chewy chocolate brownies stuffed with crunchy Italian hazelnut cream filled wafer cookies!
Kinder Bueno Wafer Cookies
Kinder Bueno is a chocolate bar and wafer confection made by Italy’s Ferrero. Part of the Kinder Chocolate line, Kinder Bueno is a hazelnut-cream-filled, wafer covered in milk chocolate and a dark chocolate drizzle.
Kinder Bueno originally launched in 1990 and is now available in over 60 countries.
Kinder Bueno Wafer Cookies are sold year round but promoted heavily during special holidays like Easter, Valentine’s Day and Christmas.
We wanted to bake the ultimate decadent chocolate brownie for Kinder Bueno lovers.
The results are a mouth-watering dessert featuring a chewy milk chocolate brownie dotted with crunchy hazelnut cream filled Kinder Bueno wafer cookies.
Kinder Bueno Brownie Baking Tips
If it’s your first time baking Kinder Bueno Brownies at home be sure to review our detailed step-by-step recipe below. Here are some helpful tips and tricks to get you started:
- We suggest using a high quality rubber spatula when mixing the batter so you can easily stir and scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Prepare the recipe in a non-stick square cake pan and use parchment paper so it’s easy to remove the brownies once they have cooled.
- We’ve used canola oil in this recipe but you can substitue with any flavourless vegetable oil or even use melted butter.
- For the batter you can use Kinder Bueno Chocolate or semi sweet baker’s chocolate.
- The flavour profile of these Kinder Bueno Brownies is hazelnut and chocolate. Add a swirl of Nutella in the batter before baking for additional decadence!
- If you’re feeling fancy decorate the top the brownies with a dusting of powdered sugar.
When To Serve Kinder Brownies
You can eat a Kinder Bueno Brownie anytime of the year. This delicious recipe produces the ideal soft and chewy chocolate brownie texture enrobed in crunchy Kinder Bueno wafer cookies.
We most often like to bake this recipe when Kinder Bueno products are on sale. The company heavily promotes the products in grocery stores during holidays like Valentine’s Day, Easter and Christmas.
What To Serve with a Kinder Brownie
Brownies can easily be enjoyed on their own as a grab and go snack or late night dessert. The fact you don’t need to use any cutlery means you can sneak a slice easily without anyone knowing!
The most famous friend to the Kinder Bueno Brownie is a glass of cold milk. If you’re serving them as an after dinner dessert, serve a slice with a hot pot of tea or coffee.
You can also serve a decadent ice cream sundae by placing a Kinder Bueno Brownie in a bowl and adding a scoop of chocolate or hazelnut ice cream. Squirt with whipped cream, sprinkle with chopped roasted hazelnuts and drizzle with warm Nutella.
How Do You Know When Brownies Are Baked?
The best way to check if brownies are done baking is with a toothpick.
Poke a toothpick into the middle of the brownies. It should come out with a few moist crumbs on it, but shouldn’t be wet. It’s better to under bake brownies rather than over bake them, especially if you’re looking to enjoy fudgy brownies.
Storing Kinder Bueno Brownies
If you have leftovers, cover the bars in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
You can freeze leftover brownies for up to 3 months and they’ll still taste fresh. Be sure to slice the bars before storing in the freezer so you can easily remove one or two when a craving for chocolate hits!
Essential Brownie Tools & Equipment
Whether you’re a novice baker or consider yourself a pastry king or queen, it’s important to outfit your kitchen with quality tools and equipment.
We’ve created a list of our favourite baking gadgets on Amazon to help you make this impressive Kinder Bueno Brownie recipe at home!
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- French Knife
- Round Cake Pans
- Stand Mixer
- Cooling Rack
- Cake Turntable
- Offset Icing Knife
- Cake Dome
You May Also Enjoy These Chocolate Recipes…
- Gianduja Hazelnut Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream
- Maulwurfkuchen German Mole Cake
- Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chapman’s Black Forest Ice Cream Sundae
- Cherry Lovers Black Forest Tiramisu
- Vegan Flourless Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Espresso Coffee Java Chip Ice Cream
- Gianduja Lindt Lindor Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Chip Caramel Banana Nut Ice Cream
- Chewy Easter Toffee Cadbury Mini Egg Cookie Bars
- Oat Flour Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Lindt Lindor Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Pancakes with Ricotta
- Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Babka For Chocolate Lovers
- Tuscan Black Forest Brownie Zuccotto Cake
Kinder Bueno Brownie Recipe Video
How To Make The Best Kinder Bueno Brownie
Kinder Bueno Brownies
- 3/4 cup Canola Oil
- 150 g Kinder Bueno Chocolate or Semisweet Chocolate
- 1.5 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 145 g Kinder Bueno Wafer Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F with a rack in the lower third. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on two opposite sides for easier lifting when the brownies are done.
- In a double boiler over medium heat melt chopped Kinder Bueno Chocolate (or semisweet chocolate) in canola oil. Once melted add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Mix eggs and vanilla into chocolate mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift together flour and cocoa powder. Pour wet mixture into the sift dry ingredients and gently combine.
- Mix in 100g of Kinder Bueno Wafer Bars until combined. Pour brownie mixture into a pan then top with remaining Kinder Bueno Wafer Bars.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a rack.
- Lift up the overhanging ends of the parchment paper and transfer the brownies to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares, then lift brownies off the parchment and serve.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!