This refreshing Blackberry Bramble recipe is a classy bourbon cocktail perfect for those who love a fruity summer drink.
The easy and well balanced cocktail features premium bourbon whiskey, Chambord black raspberry liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup and fresh blackberries.
It combines the bold flavours of bourbon with the tartness of freshly squeezed lemons and blackberries.
Serve in an ice filled rocks glass with a fresh blackberry cocktail skewer or lemon wheel.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is A Blackberry Bramble?
Best described as a spring or summer cocktail, a traditional Bramble brings together dry gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, crème de mûre blackberry liqueur, and crushed ice. Bradsell also suggests finishing off the cocktail with fresh red fruits and a slice of lemon.
Over time, the cocktail evolved to include a variety of different spirits and fruits, including bourbon and blackberries.
Our iteration of the bramble uses French Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur to spike the drink with luxurious berry flavour.
You may also enjoy our Raspberry Bramble Cocktail recipe.
What Is Chambord Liqueur?
Chambord is a 16.5% abv raspberry flavoured liqueur modelled after a liqueur produced in the Loire Valley of France during the late 17th-century. It is said to have been introduced to Louis XIV during one of his visits to the château de Chambord. It was common during that time for liqueurs and cognac to be consumed with elegant meals.
Chambord is made from red and black raspberries, Madagascar vanilla, Moroccan citrus peel, honey and cognac brandy.
Popular drinks made from Chambord include the raspberry margarita, French manhattan, Kir Impérial, Chambord Daiquiri, Chambord royal spritzer and Blackberry Bramble.
Our favourite use of the popular French liqueur is this easy Bourbon Bramble recipe!
Blackberry Bramble Cocktail Recipe Ingredients
This homemade Bourbon Bramble recipe is made with premium ingredients:
- Bourbon: use your favourite American bourbon like Evan Williams, Maker’s Mark or Wild Turkey.
- Chambord: a luxurious liqueur that is sweet, floral and tastes like black raspberries.
- Lemon Juice: always use freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can taste the difference!
- Simple Syrup: sweeten the drink with homemade simple syrup.
- Garnish: a cocktail pick skewered with fresh blackberries or lemon wheel.
Bourbon Bramble Recipe Tips
This tart and tangy Blackberry Bramble recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 10 minutes.
Our cocktail recipe serves one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a festive punch bowl or jug rather than a cocktail shaker.
Add a splash of club soda for a fizzy twist to make the drink less boozy and more refreshing.
An hour or two before you’re planning on serving drinks we suggest placing the Chambord and bourbon bottle in the freezer so they are well chilled.
We like to garnish the glass with a cocktail pick skewered with fresh blackberries but you can also muddle the berries into the glass before serving for a more casual affair.
Types of Whiskey
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented grain mash or by distilling beer. Various grains are used for different varieties, including barley, corn, rye, and wheat. Whisky is typically aged in wooden casks, generally made of charred white oak.
The best way to familiarize yourself with whiskey and find a new favourite is by sipping as many varieties as you can. You’ll find single malt whiskies, blended whiskies, single pot still whiskey and and everything in between.
- Bourbon: An American whiskey, bourbon is made from corn. In fact, to be called bourbon whiskey, the spirit needs to be made from at least 51% corn, aged in a new oak barrel and produced in America. It has no minimum aging period and needs to be bottled at 80 proof or more. Popular Bourbon brands include Ezra Brooks, Wild Turkey, and Maker’s Mark. If you’re making a Kentucky Mule we suggest using Kentucky Bourbon’s like Evan Williams, Larceny, and Elijah Craig.
- Scotch: is made in Scotland with either malt or grain. The spirit must age in an oak barrel for at least three years. Many of the top Scotch bottles are revered for their peaty character. Popular Scotch brands include Johnnie Walker, Ballantine’s and Ardbeg.
- Irish Whiskey: has a smoother flavor than other types of whiskey. It’s made from a mash of malt, can only be distilled using water and caramel coloring, and must be distilled in wooden casks for at least three years. Popular Irish whiskey brands include Jamesons, Bushmills and Green Spot.
- Canadian Whisky: must be barrel-aged for at least three years. It’s lighter and smoother than other types of whiskey because it contains a high percentage of corn. You will find that most Canadian whiskies are made from corn and rye, but can also include wheat and barley. Popular Canadian whisky brands include Canadian Club, JP Wiser’s and Wayne Gretzky Estates.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Bourbon Blackberry Bramble cocktail soiree you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
You May Also Enjoy These Whiskey Cocktails…
- Bourbon Kentucky Mule Cocktail
- Brown Sugar Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Cocoa Lovers Chocolate Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Peach Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- Irish Mule Ginger Beer Whiskey Cocktail
- Festive Christmas Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Wheat Beer and Whiskey Cocktail
- Ginger Whiskey Pear Cocktail
- Hawaiian Whiskey Pineapple Sour Cocktail
- Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Fresh Tart Cherry Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- Fresh Blueberry Buck Whiskey Cocktail
- Fresh Berry Lemonade Summer Whiskey Cocktail
How To Make A Bourbon Blackberry Bramble Cocktail
Bourbon Bramble Cocktail
- Cocktail Shaker
- Rocks glass
- Cocktail Pick
- 2 oz Bourbon Whiskey
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Chambord Liqueuer
- 1 tbsp Fresh Blackberries
- In an ice filled cocktail shaker add bourbon, simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Muddle fresh blackberries in a rocks glass, then add contents of shaker into the glass.
- Top with Chambord Liqueur then garnish with a lemon wheel and cocktail pick of blackberries.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!