A refreshing Blackberry Brandy Drink is the perfect cognac cocktail for berry lovers.
We love serving this quick & easy French cocktail in the summer during fresh berry season or at festive Christmas parties.
All you need to make this simple homemade cocktail recipe is quality cognac brandy, blackberry jam, Cointreau orange liqueur, lemon juice and fresh blackberries.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What is Brandy?
Brandy is a fruit spirit produced from mash, juice or wine or residues of edible fruits. The term covers a broad class of spirits produced across the world. Grapes, apples, pears, apricots, plums and cherries are the most commonly used fruits.
Most of these fruit spirits are named after their region of origin and base ingredients. For example: Schwarzwälder Kirschwasser (cherry spirit of the Black Forest), Framboise d’Alsace (raspberry of Alsace) and Aprikot dell’Alto Adige (apricot of South Tyrol).
Cognac is the world’s most famous brandy and is specifically produced in the Cognac region of France. Like Scotch whisky or tequila (a type of mezcal), it comes from the actual place for which it’s named. But unlike Scotch, made from malted barley, Cognac is made from grapes.
Our homemade Blackberry Brandy Drink recipe is prepared with quality French cognac such as St. Remy or Hennessy.
World’s Best Cognac Brandy
If it’s your first time preparing a Blackberry Brandy Cocktail at home here is a list of the world’s best Cognac brands.
Like premium Scotch distilleries, each Cognac brand typically produces several expressions. Each has its own unique flavour profile, production method and price point.
Travel to France to Sip a Blackberry Brandy Drink
There’s no better way to familiarize yourself with the best Blackberry Brandy Drink recipe then by planning a vacation to visit France.
If you’re a brandy lover, spend your holiday skipping through the historic vineyards and castles of Cognac, located on the west coast just north of Bordeaux.
Book a tour of your favourite Cognac house and enjoy sipping Blackberry Brandy Cocktails at some of the regions most popular cocktail bars, luxury hotels and award-winning restaurants.
Once you’ve returned home from a Cognac holiday, impress friends and family by hosting a French-themed cocktail party featuring our refreshing Blackberry Brandy Drink.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Things to See on Normandy’s D-Day Liberation Route
- 10 Tastes of Normandy France
- Travel to Paris, France
- Chateauneuf de Pape, Lyon and Beaune, France
- Travel to Provence, France
- Travel to Epernay, Reims, Dijon and Annecy, France
- A Market and Garden Adventure from Giverny to Versailles
- Easy Healthy Vegetarian French Onion Soup Recipe
- Creamy Apple and Pear Pork Normandy
Blackberry Brandy Cocktail Tips
- We suggest serving this Blackberry Brandy Drink in a rocks glass, coup glass or martini glass.
- The cocktail is flavoured with our favourite berry by adding blackberry jam.
- You can use any quality brandy you prefer but we suggest French cognacs like Hennessy or St. Remy.
- We’ve used Cointreau in this recipe but you can substitute with another orange liqueur such as Triple Sec.
- We’ve used lemon juice in this recipe but you can substitue for lime juice if you prefer. Always use freshly squeezed juice, not store bought citrus concentrate.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Blackberry Brandy Cocktail party you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
You May Also Enjoy These Cocktail Recipes...
- Brandy Manhattan Cognac Cocktail
- Christmas Vegan Eggnog Aquafaba Cocktail
- Christmas Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Baileys Apple Pie Cocktail
- White Russian Amarula Cocktail
- Perfect Patron Margarita Cocktail
- Negroni Spritz Cocktail
- Vodka Blood Orange Cocktail
- Clarified Gin and Milk Punch Cocktail
- Tommy’s Margarita Cocktail
- Raspberry Gin Fizz Chambord Cocktail
- Hawaiian Whiskey Pineapple Sour Cocktail
How To Make The Best Blackberry Drink Recipe
Blackberry Brandy Drink
- Cocktail Shaker
- Bar Spoon
- Shot Glass
- measuring spoons
- Cocktail Pick
- Rocks glass
- 1 tbsp Blackberry Jam
- 1.5 oz Cognac Brandy
- 1/2 oz Orange Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- Fresh Blackberries
- Combine the jam and brandy in a shaker and stire well with a barspoon to blend. Add the liqueuer, lemon juice, and ice, and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a blackberry skewer.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!