Learn how to make the best homemade Vegan Eggnog Aquafaba Cocktail recipe!
Our quick & easy Aquafaba Cocktail recipe is a healthy take on the classic Christmas drink. Rich, creamy, frothy and boozy Vegan Eggnog is non dairy, egg free and vegetarian friendly.
This simple Dairy Free Eggnog recipe is a favourite to sip at festive Christmas and holiday New Years Eve parties.
Delicious Non Dairy Eggnog features ingredients like dark rum, brandy, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, maple syrup, almond milk and chickpea aquafaba.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is An Aquafaba Cocktail?
Aquafaba is the viscous water in which legume seeds such as chickpeas have been cooked.The word aquafaba is from the Latin aqua (water) and faba (bean).
Due to its ability to mimic functional properties of egg whites in cooking, aquafaba is often used as a replacement in recipes such as meringue and marshmallows.
Its composition of carbohydrates, proteins, and other soluble plant solids, which have transferred from the seeds to the water during cooking give it a wide spectrum of emulsifying, foaming, binding, gelatinizing and thickening properties.
Aquafaba is particularly popular for people that avoid eating eggs, such as vegans. In general one medium egg white can be replaced with 2 tablespoons of aquafaba.
The simplest way to obtain aquafaba is to use the liquid from canned legumes such as white beans or chickpeas. It also can be made by boiling, steaming, pressure cooking, or microwaving pulses in water.
Our favourite Aquafaba Cocktail is a festive recipe we like to prepare during the holidays at Christmas parties. You’ll love our sweet and foamy Non Dairy Egg Free Vegan Eggnog recipe.
Vegan Non Dairy Eggnog Recipe
It is believed that eggnog was invented in Europe. As early as the 13th century, medieval monks in Britain were known to drink “posset,” a warm ale punch with eggs and figs or raisins. Over time, this likely merged with the various milk and wine punches often served at festive gatherings.
Today, Eggnog is served as a boozy Christmas cocktail. It’s a decadent, chilled, sweetened, dairy-based beverage traditionally made with milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, whipped egg whites, egg yolks, and spirits such as brandy, rum, or whiskey.
This easy Christmas Aquafaba cocktail tastes like the holidays in a glass. Our Vegan Eggnog recipe features several layers of festive flavour: premium dark rum, luxurious brandy, fragrant spices like nutmeg and cinnamon, sweet raisins, maple syrup, and nutty almond milk.
We’ve taken the classic Holiday cocktail and made it into an easy non dairy egg free Vegan Eggnog recipe that we know your friends and family will love!
Vegan Eggnog Aquafaba Cocktail Ingredients
Our healthy Vegan Eggnog Aquafaba Cocktail is made with fresh ingredients:
- Rum: use a premium dark rum with a strong molasses sugar cane flavour such as Diplomatico or Appleton.
- Brandy: use your favourite brandy or cognac such as St Remy or Hennessy.
- Dried Fruit: we’ve used dried raisins in this recipe but you could also use chopped dried figs or dates.
- Cinnamon: ground cinnamon is blended into the cocktail liquid and cinnamon stick is used as a garnish.
- Nutmeg: add a pinch of ground nutmeg to the creamy aquafaba foam for a taste of warm festive spice.
- Vanilla Extract: use pure vanilla extract in the cocktail liquid and aquafaba foam.
- Maple Syrup: sweeten the drink naturally with Canadian maple syrup.
- Almond Milk: use unsweetened almond milk as the creamy base for the cocktail or substitue for another non dairy milk such as soy milk, cashew milk or oat milk.
- Aquafaba: Vegan Eggnog gets its creamy texture from whipped aquafaba, the liquid found in canned chickpeas.
- Powdered Sugar: add powdered sugar to the aquafaba to sweeten the foam as it is naturally salty.
Dairy Free Aquafaba Cocktail Tips
This Vegan Eggnog recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in 5-10 minutes.
Be sure to soak the dried fruit in rum and brandy the day before your cocktail party so they have plenty of time to soak and soften.
Our Christmas Aquafaba Cocktail recipe serves 2 people. If you’re hosting a large holiday party feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a festive punch bowl or jug rather than a cocktail shaker or in the individual glasses.
Muddle the drink with large pieces of ice or ice spheres to ensure the cocktail does not dilute too quickly.
Eggnog can be prepared with a variety of spirits so feel free to get creative and have fun when building these healthy holiday cocktails. We prefer pairing dark rum with brandy but you can also use Canadian whiskey, Scotch whisky, blended Irish whiskey or American Bourbon.
You May Also Enjoy These Festive Christmas Holiday Cocktails…
- Ginger Whiskey Pear Cocktail
- Gin and Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- Pomegranate Gin Fizz Cocktail
- Irish Whiskey and Apple Juice
- Italian Prosecco and Gin Cocktail
- Raspberry Gin Fizz Chambord Cocktail
- Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Eastside Cocktail
- Malfy Grapefruit Gin & Rosemary Cocktail
- Mint Chocolate After Eight Cocktail
- Perfect Rob Roy Scotch Manhattan
- Brandy Manhattan Cognac Cocktail
- Amaretto Disaronno Sour Cocktail
- Baileys Apple Pie Cocktail
- Baileys Iced Coffee Cocktail
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Vegan Eggnog Christmas soiree you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartenders best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
How To Make AChristmas Vegan EggnogAquafaba Cocktail
Christmas Vegan Eggnog Aquafaba Cocktail
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 2 oz Brandy
- 2 oz Dark Rum
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract divided
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Aquafaba
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Pinch Ground Nutmeg
- Soak the raisins in brandy and dark rum for a few hours or overnight.
- In a blender mix the brandy, rum, raisins, cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla extract, maple syrup and almond milk. Blitz until smooth.
- In a large bowl add the aquafaba water. Whisk until you achieve stiff peaks, around 10 minutes. Add the remaining vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Gently mix until combined.
- Whisk the contents of the blender with the frothy aquafaba.
- Serve in cocktail glasses with a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon stick garnish.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!