Looking to make a delicious Watermelon Vodka Punch this summer to serve guests at your next patio or pool party?
Our homemade watermelon punch recipe is a fun and refreshing summer cocktail featuring Absolut Watermelon Vodka, fresh watermelon juice, lemon juice, and ginger syrup.
Serve the pretty pink punch cocktail in a rocks glass filled with ice and garnish with a watermelon slice.
Save this story to Pinterest!
Refreshing Watermelon Vodka Punch Cocktail Recipe
No other drink screams “cool me down on a hot summer day,” than a refreshing Watermelon Vodka Punch.
I love to make this thirst quenching drink in July and August when melons are in season and fresh mint grows sky high in the family backyard herb garden.
The lip smacking drink features Absolut Watermelon Vodka, fresh watermelon juice, lemon juice, ginger syrup and watermelon slice garnish.
While you can make the recipe with any old traditional vodka, Absolut Watermelon infuses the drink with an extra level of juicy melon flavour.
Chilled watermelon juice is a must, shaken with fresh lemon or lime juice to add acidity and spicy ginger syrup for an additional kick.
What Is Absolut Watermelon Vodka?
Absolut was established in 1879 by Lars Olsson Smith, who challenged the city of Stockholm’s liquor marketing monopoly with his vodka. It was sold outside the city border at a lower price than the monopoly’s product, causing quite the stir…
Absolut Vodka was first introduced to the global market in 1979 and today it sells over 100 million litres of vodka annually around the world.
The LGBT-friendly brand has been a big supporter of the global queer community. Every summer Absolut sells a collectable Pride bottle, proudly decorated with the colours of the Pride flag. We love using this festive vodka when mixing and muddling Gay Pride Cocktails in June.
Absolut is perhaps most famous for its line of flavoured vodkas, many of which are mixology favourites like Absolut Citron, Absolut Raspberri, and Absolut Vanilla.
Our favourite flavour expression is Absolut Watermelon Vodka. Anticipate dominant notes of watermelon and a hint of spice. This medium-bodied and fruity vodka offers a clean, balanced finish.
Absolut’s watermelon flavoured vodka is made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike other flavoured vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar, making it perfect for mixing into a craft cocktail.
We recommend using Absolut Watermelon when shaking up our refreshing Watermelon Vodka Punch recipe.
Absolut Watermelon Vodka Punch Recipe Ingredients
This homemade Watermelon Vodka Punch recipe is made with fresh and quality ingredients:
- Absolut Watermelon: we suggest using this premium naturally flavoured, no sugar added, watermelon-flavoured vodka from Sweden.
- Watermelon Juice: use fresh watermelon juice, which can make at home in a blender with a sieve, or purchase at a juice bar.
- Lemon Juice: always use freshly squeezed lemon juice, never concentrate. You can taste the difference!
- Ginger Syrup: gives this drink sweetness as well as a sharp zing! If you don’t have access to ginger syrup feel free to substitute with honey or simple syrup.
- Garnish: skewer a small watermelon slice onto a cocktail pick and serve.
Absolut Watermelon Vodka Punch Recipe Tips
This Watermelon Vodka Punch recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 5 minutes.
We love serving the refreshing Absolut Watermelon Vodka muddled drink on hot days in the summer at family barbecues, cottage happy hour and on a sun-soaked patio.
Our Absolut Watermelon Vodka recipe below is listed for one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a large punch bowl or jug rather than a cocktail shaker.
If you are serving the drink to a large crowd in a punch bowl, you can elevate the presentation by adding spheres of watermelon scooped out with a melon baller. Or simply slice fresh watermelon into small chunks the size of rolling dice. Slide a ladle into the punch bowl so guests can serve themselves.
If you don’t have access to ginger syrup feel free to substitute with honey or simple syrup. We like to use ginger syrup as it adds a distinct zing to the flavour profile.
If you find the drink too boozy or want to add a festive sparkle to the drink feel free to top each glass with club soda, Sprite or 7UP.
Serve the drink in a rocks glass with whole ice cubes and garnish with a watermelon slice.
What To Serve With Watermelon Vodka Punch
We know your guests are going to love this Watermelon Vodka Punch recipe at your next summer get together.
Hosting a summer potluck, barbecue, or cottage dinner party and wondering what to serve on the menu? We love serving this Absolut Watermelon Cocktail with the following recipes in the hot summer months when feasting with friends and family:
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Dill Hummus
- Citrus Saffron Peanut Salad
- Keftedakia Roasted Greek Meatballs
- Pipirrana Spanish Summer Tuna Salad
- Dry Roasted Salsa Mexicana
- Perkedel Jagung Crispy Indonesian Corn Fritters
- Creamy Cheesy Greek Spanakopita Dip
- Lecho Hungarian Tomato Red Pepper Stew
- Indian Chicken Boti Kabab
- Balila Healthy Vegan Lebanese Chickpea Salad
- Pancar Salatasi Turkish Beet Yogurt Salad
- Grilled Joojeh Kabab Persian Saffron Chicken Kebab
- Ensalada de Gambas Spanish Grapefruit Fennel Shrimp Salad
- Spicy Italian Pork Sausage Burgers
- BBQ Tavuk Sis Turkish Chicken Kebab
- Erdapfelsalat Viennese Warm Austrian Potato Salad
- Vegetarian Caprese Ravioli Pasta
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Absolut Watermelon Vodka Punch party you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
How To Make Homemade Watermelon Juice
The most affordable way to make this Watermelon Vodka Punch is by purchasing a whole watermelon at your local farmers market or grocery store.
NOTE: If your grocery store is fancy they may have a fresh juice section where you can purchase overpriced watermelon juice as an alternative. If you’re time crunched or don’t own a blender this is a great option.
Making homemade watermelon juice at home is quick and easy. Slice the watermelon in half using a sharp French knife then place the flat side down to ensure the melon does not roll around. Slowly remove the green and white exterior of the watermelon, until you’re left with the fleshy pink interior.
Chop the watermelon into chunks then add in batches to a high powered blender like a Vitamix. Pour the pureed watermelon through a sieve resting over a large mixing bowl and let it drip through into a clear pink liquid.
Discard the pressed watermelon pulp and store the juice in a jug or mason jar in the fridge until ready to use.
You May Also Enjoy These Vodka Cocktail Recipes…
- Orange Dreamsicle Cocktail
- Pineapple Screwdriver Cocktail
- Bocce Ball Cocktail
- Vodka Madras Cocktail
- Japanese Sake Vodka Sushi Cocktail
- Negroski Vodka Negroni Cocktail
- Pineapple Vodka Martini Cocktail
- Chocolate Kahlua Espresso Martini Cocktail
- Lemon Drop Martini Limoncello Cocktail
- Smirnoff Vodka Pink Lemonade Cocktail
- White Russian Amarula Cocktail
- Vodka Blood Orange Cocktail
- Vodka Mojito Cocktail
- Mint Chocolate After Eight Cocktail
- Smirnoff Rocket Recipe
How To Make Absolut Watermelon Vodka Punch
Watermelon Vodka Punch
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Glass
- 2 oz Absolut Watermelon Vodka
- 4 oz Chilled Watermelon Juice
- 1 oz Fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
- 0.5 oz Ginger Syrup
- Watermelon Slice garnish
- Add watermelon juice, Absolut Watermelon Vodka, lemon juice, and ginger syrup to an ice filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds until chilled.
- Strain into an ice filled cocktail glass. Garnish with a watermelon slice.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!