Looking to read a detailed Angsana Hotel Corfu review before booking your next beach holiday in Greece? You’ve come to the right place!
Sitting perched over the Ionian Sea, Angsana Corfu Resort & Spa is the latest 5 star luxury hotel to launch on the island. It’s conveniently located on Corfu’s central east coast, a short drive south of Old Town and the airport.
The postcard-perfect 5 star luxury resort is sleek and sophisticated, sprawling over a Cyprus tree dotted hill. It offers jaw-dropping panoramic ocean views that will literally take your breath away.
I spent 3 nights in a luxurious suite at the resort. My Angsana Hotel Corfu review features info on the award-winning hotels accommodation options, spa services, restaurants and bars, pools, beach, fitness centre and unique on-site amenities.
Book A Luxurious Holiday at Angsana Corfu Resort & Spa
Angsana Corfu Resort & Spa is located on the island’s east coast smack dab in the centre of the island.
A premier destination spa resort, Angsana Hotel Corfu is a holiday paradise that is laid out across a hilltop estate. It’s surrounded by a landscape of otherworldly beauty with Mediterranean gardens and olive tree groves, overlooking the picturesque Benitses Bay, which presents far-reaching views of the Ionian Sea and idyllic countryside.
Situated next to the resort’s impressive 1,000 sqm infinity pool, the hotel’s main building has straight lines, pale stone and dark wood, creating a look that is evocative of sailing yachts and the smart villas you find in northern Italy. The resort is modern in design yet has plenty of comfortable nooks and crannies to lounge and loiter. Original art, sculpture and beautiful rugs add to the design-tastic swoon-worthy vibe.
Angsana Resort Corfu Activities
There’s always plenty to do at Angsana Corfu as the resort boasts 2 swimming pools, handful of restaurants and bars, destination spa, state-of-the-art fitness centre, boutique and private beach club.
Attendants offer towels plus food and beverage service to guests relaxing on lounge chairs and under shady cabanas at the infinity pool. The heated indoor pool is typically popular on cold and rainy days as well as for those keen to lane swim for exercise. It’s right beside a juice bar where plenty of healthy options are available.
At the main entrance to the hotel you can hop on a complimentary shuttle to the resorts private beach club. Emerald Beach Bar spreads out across crystal blue waters, soft sand playing home to luxurious lounge chairs and intimate cabanas. Attendants serve a selection of cocktails, freshly pressed juices and finger-licking-good snacks perfect for a sunny day at the beach. Cool music beats and a water-sports hut make Angsana Corfu’s beach club a favourite place for all ages and family fun.
Angsana Hotel Corfu offers daily experiences for guests to help enrich their beach break holiday. Some of the experiences are offered seasonally so best to get in touch with the hotel’s concierge about your interests.
- Mediterranean Mask: this hands-on group workshop is led by spa therapists who teach you how to blend, infuse and create your own Mediterranean Body Scrub and Face Mask. The ingredients are foraged from flowers, fruits and herbs surrounded the resort.
- Sound Healing Workshop: hosted by a sound therapy expert who uses Tibetan singing bowls and gongs to create a relaxing vibe.
- Pottery Making: led by a local potter, participants create their own personalized decorative line of 3 stoneware pieces, using ancient techniques such as pinching, coiling, pressing and sgraffito.
- Kumquat Mixology Workshop: sign up for an authentic taste of Corfu by enjoying a tutored tasting with Konstantinos Lazaris, whose company produces the islands famous kumquat liqueur.
- Hosted Hiking & E-Biking Tours: Take a walk or ride on foot or by e-bike with expert guides and discover the flora, fauna and monasteries nearby.
- Wild Feasts at Angsana: work alongside the resort’s chef to help prepare and create a gourmet feast from the surprise offerings of the sea and surrounding area. Greet fishermen at the pier to snatch the days catch and learn about important zero-waste cooking tips in a live cooking demo.
- Silvaland Riding Centre: located in a covered arena nestled in a magical forest lies Silvaland, a sanctuary for the endangered miniature Skyrian horse. Equine-assisted therapy has its roots in ancient Greek literature and can be enjoyed here with the help of an equine counselor.
Angsana Hotel Corfu Review Highlights
Corfu is a beautiful island paradise that shares a unique history in Greece with Italy and the United Kingdom. The island is a popular destination for freshly married couples looking to book a romantic honeymoon package as well as families keen to enjoy an adventurous beach break.
Before booking your trip here are a list of highlights that make Angsana Resort Corfu stand out from the rest.
- The hotels location is conveniently a short 20 minute drive from the airport and Corfu Old Town.
- The hotel is ideal for couples but also accommodates families with children as they have plenty of fun activities as well as a kids club program.
- Very close to historical Achilleion Palace and Benitses Village. The island’s top wineries are a short drive away.
- The impressive 1,000 sqm infinity pool is the most Instagram-able location on the property. The turquoise waters stretch across the Ionian Sea offering an otherwordly panoramic view.
- Emerald Beach Club is a must for tan fans looking to sip refreshing cocktails all afternoon, read a few good books and swim in salt water on holiday.
- Angsana Spa offers Thai-inspired spa treatments so guests can rest and relax thanks to time honoured Asian wellness techniques. Spa guests also have access to a relaxation room, hot tub, steam room, sauna and indoor heated pool.
- The state-of-the-art Health Club and Fitness Centre will make any fitness fan giddy with glee. Guests can join free fitness classes throughout the day and have 24 hour access to an impressive selection of modern workout equipment.
- Foodies rave for the hotels diverse selection of sip and nibble options. There are 4 restaurants and 7 bars on the property offering everything from regional Corfu dishes to sushi, pizza and pasta. The hotel boasts the largest sky-bar lounge in the Ionian.
- The service here is top drawer, from poolside servers to attentive spa therapists, and restaurant menus that are best described as exquisite!
Angsana Hotel Corfu Accommodation
The most important question you have to ask yourself when reading an Angsana Corfu Hotel review is, “what type of accommodation would I like to book for my holiday?”
The award-winning Angsana Hotel Corfu is ranked as one of the most luxurious 5 star resorts on the island. The property features 196 well appointed guest rooms, suites and villas.
Guests can book several entry level rooms and suites, all of which feature spacious balconies outfitted with comfy day bed and patio furniture for al fresco dining.
Celebrating a special occasion like a honeymoon or anniversary? Or traveling with a larger family? You might want to book one of the resorts luxurious villas, all of which come with a private pool!
We stayed in a chic suite with a balcony perched over the hotel’s main entrance that offered gorgeous panoramic views across the sparkling Ionian Sea. It was lovely each morning to put on a plush robe, sip an espresso and watch sailboats and cruise ships putter by.
Bedroom amenities at Angsana Corfu Resort & Spa include plush king sized beds, living room sofa, soft cotton bed linen, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, espresso coffee and tea making corner, mini fridge, and 2 satellite TVs.
The white marble bathrooms offer cotton robes, bedroom slippers, rain shower, soaker tub, lighted shaving and make-up mirror, hair dryer, and sweet smelling Angsana brand luxury cosmetics.
Daily evening turndown service includes dramatic night lights, fragrant incense, a weather report and fun fact about the history of the island.
Angsana Corfu Spa & Wellness
If you’re looking to indulge in a day of rest and relaxation book a morning or afternoon at the Angsana Corfu Resort Spa.
At the Angsana Corfu Spa guests can enjoy a unique blend of Mediterranean and Asian ancient traditions in Corfu. It’s an oasis for your body, soul and mind, offering endless sea views in a luxurious cosmopolitan space.
The spa is located in the resorts main building and features 11 treatment rooms, 2 rain mist suites, private sauna, private outdoor Jacuzzi, and elevated yoga deck.
You May Also Enjoy These Greek Travel Stories…
- Boheme Mykonos Luxury Resort in Greece
- Sakis Grill House in Mykonos
- Kiki’s Taverna in Mykonos
- Dreams Luxury Suites in Santorini Greece
- Kokkalo The Bone Restaurant in Santorini
- Travel Bloggers Arrive in Athens for TBEX Conference
- Tzitzikas Kai Mermigas Restaurant in Athens
- Marveling in the Mighty Monasteries of Meteora
The signature award-winning Angsana Corfu Spa emphasizes the use of natural ingredients from fruits, flowers, and aromatherapy, a fusion of techniques where East meets West.
Spa guests are spoilt for choice when reviewing the treatment menu. You can select from a variety of massage modalities, rain mist experiences, facials, body wraps, body polish, calming baths, and beauty salon.
Relax as a smiling therapist welcomes you into a spacious treatment room where you’ll enjoy a soothing foot wipe. Complete the Angsana Corfu Spa experience with leisure post-treatment time in the relaxation room while sipping herbal tea.
Angsana Hotel Corfu Restaurants
No Angsana Hotel Corfu review is complete until you’ve had an opportunity to wag your finger down each of the resorts marvellous menus.
The 5 star luxury resort in Corfu features an impressive 4 restaurant concepts and 6 bars, serving everything from authentic Corfu dishes to exotic Japanese sushi with flare.
The hotels main restaurant is where guests arrive each morning for a complimentary breakfast buffet that will really blow your socks off!
The sprawling daily brunch offering is displayed beautifully on a series of white marble islands. At the centre of the space you’ll hear the whistle of frothing milk as a team of baristas prepare a parade of foamy latte and cappuccino cups.
Skip along the hot table section and you’ll find Greek pies, sautéed mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, crispy potato wedges, and baked beans. At the a la minute omelette station you can have your own bespoke egg creation prepared or simply scoop from endless steaming trays filled with scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sliced omelette, poached eggs and Eggs Benedict.
There are two cold tables, which are seperated by sweet and savoury. The sweet table features a selection of sliced fruit, creamy Greek yogurt, mousse and fruit smoothies. The savoury table overflows with fresh salads, smoked fish, charcuterie, cheeses, olives and gherkins.
Pastry lovers will also find a selection of bread for toasting, croissants, mini cakes, muffins and cookies.
The restaurant is open from 7:30am to 11pm. Outside of the breakfast period in the morning guests can order from an intercontinental menu during lunch and dinner.
If you’re visiting Corfu for the first time and keen to taste authentic Corfiot dishes book a reservation at the hotels Sofrito Restaurant.
Skip inside the restaurant and you’ll be greeted by a bartender mixing up ouzo and Greek gin muddled cocktails. The earth tones in the sun-splashed dining room lead to an al fresco patio washed over with clear blue skies above.
The sophisticated Greek taverna serves classic Corfu cuisine alongside Greek dishes you already know and love.
The mezze style menu means sharing is encouraged, so order a few dishes for the table and sample the chefs upscale recipe interpretations.
Greek wines and spirits are poured into crystal glasses, paired perfectly with fresh fish, healthy salads, bubbling baked cheese and crispy zucchini fritters.
Since Angsana is an Asian luxury hotel brand it should not be surprising that one of the resorts fine dining concepts serves fancy food from its home sweet home.
Oribu, which means “olive” in Japanese, is a playful nod to the hotels Asian menu, which uses many local Greek ingredients.
The olive is the star of the ambiance at Oribu’s minimalist dining room. The seemingly humble fruit, emblematic of Greece and Corfu, makes an appearance in all shapes and forms in starters, salads, main dishes, cocktails, finishing up with special desserts, like olive oil and kumquat sorbet.
Classic Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese recipes are reimagined with Corfiot produce. Rolls, nigiri and crudos showcase sustainably caught local fish and the island’s celebrated sardines, olive oil, herbs, kumquats, and fruits.
The specialty bar at Oribu features a selection of Japanese sakes and whiskies. Original creations include Asian infused cocktails made with local fruits and herbs, as well as refreshing drinks starring the local bright orange kumquat liqueur.
Vertigo Sky Bar & Starboard Lounge
Angsana Hotel Corfu offers two distinct rooftop bars: Starboard Lounge and Vertigo Sky Bar.
The adults-only Vertigo Sky Bar is a swanky rooftop bar serving raw multi-course meals, magnificent mixology and magical moon rise sessions.
Located on the 5th floor of the property with unobstructed views of the eastern–south coast and mountainous landscape of the Greek mainland Vertigo is inspired equally by the Corfiot lifestyle and the trendiest rooftops around the world. Music lovers gather at Vertigo to enjoy fun live music events and DJ performances.
Starboard Lounge is a rooftop venue located a short hop, skip and a jump from the hotels lobby. It’s directly accessed by its neighbours A Lounge or Oribu.
We suggest visiting Starboard Lounge for a pre-dinner cocktail at sunset to enjoy watching the day turn into night. Enjoy panoramic views of the Ionian Sea while perched over the hotels iconic infinity pool.
A selected wine list and sparkles by the glass are best savoured alongside freshly prepared sweet confections.
A Lounge is Angsana Hotel Corfu’s lobby lounge, located directly beside the check in desk and concierge. The eye-catching bar offers a design-nod to Greece as the wooden walls are carved out to look like honeycomb.
Friendly baristas serve an extensive range of quality teas, infusions and specialty coffees as well as apertivo and fine wine. It’s the perfect perch to enjoy Afternoon Tea if you’re feeling peckish before dinner.
The hotel hosted Dobbernationloves on a press trip and did not review the story before publication. Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.