Looking to read a detailed Banyan Tree Resort Phuket review before booking your next trip to southern Thailand? You’ve come to the right place!
Nestled on soft powder sands, Banyan Tree Resort Phuket is a beautiful luxury hotel located on the paradise island of Phuket.
Sleek and sophisticated, this postcard-perfect 5 star luxury resort sits nestled within Laguna Phuket overlooking Bangtao Beach on the islands northwest coast.
I spent 3 nights in a luxurious pool villa at the resort. My Banyan Tree Phuket Resort review features info on the award-winning hotels accommodation options, spa services, restaurants, and unique on-site amenities.
Book A Luxurious Holiday at Banyan Tree Phuket
The Banyan Tree Resort is located on Phuket’s northwest coast within the Laguna Phuket complex on Bangtao Beach.
A premier destination resort, Laguna Phuket is a holiday paradise spanning 1,000 acres of lush tropical parkland with 3km of pristine beachfront.
Featuring more than 1,400 guest rooms across 7 resort properties, Laguna Phuket’s facilities offer a wide range of activities throughout beautiful lagoons, tropical parks, pristine beach and award-winning 18-hole golf course, which is conveniently located adjacent to the Banyan Tree lobby.
Banyan Tree Resorts is a Singaporean hotel brand, which operates 55 luxury resorts throughout Asia, Americas, Africa and the Middle East. Founder Ho Kwon Ping and his wife Claire Chiang opened the first Banyan Tree property in Phuket, making it a special gem within the brands luxury collection.
The award-winning Banyan Tree is ranked as one of the most luxurious resorts on the island of Phuket. The property features 194 all-pool villas nestled around a lagoon and surrounded by tropical gardens.
The resort is in fact a collection of 3 boutique hotels, all operated under the same Banyan Tree brand: the original Banyan Tree Phuket, the Banyan Tree Phuket Spa Sanctuary, and Double Pool Villas by Banyan Tree Phuket.
The main difference between the 3 hotels is the type of accommodation, which ranges from luxe (Banyan Tree Phuket), to ultra luxe (Spa Sanctuary), to the epitome of in-villa living (Double Pool Villas).
Banyan Tree Phuket Activities
The luxury resort boasts 2 swimming pools, destination spa, wellbeing centre, yoga pavilion, cooking school, golf course, bicycle rental, fitness centre, tennis courts and fun lagoon activities like paddle boarding and kayaking.
Banyan Tree is spread out across a large area, but golf carts can whisk you to the pool, spa, or lobby with a quick call to reception. Because all villas –even the entry-level ones– come with at least one private pool, the resort’s main pool is very chill. You don’t have to wake up at 6am to throw down a towel. It feels so civilized!
Pool attendants offer towel plus food and beverage service to guests relaxing on lounge chairs and under shady cabanas. The lagoon-style pool features water spouts and jets that go off every 30 minutes, transforming the water into a fun “lazy river.” Swim up to the pool bar and order from a list of fine wines, ice-cold beers and tropical cocktails and nosh on light fare like Pad Thai and burgers.
The sprawling jasmine-scented resort is manicured within an inch of its life. The wing-tipped open-air lobby overlooks a large saltwater lagoon and is dotted with teak sofas, Thai artwork and pretty reflective pools.
The hotel’s 4 restaurants and 2 bars offer a diversity of dining options to gastronomes looking for a memorable meal. From early morning breakfast buffets to spicy Thai food and plant-forward Mediterranean-inspired cuisine.
Banyan Tree Phuket Review Highlights
Phuket is a tropical paradise island similar to Hawaii and Bali, offering an endless array of jaw-dropping accommodations. The island is a very popular destination for freshly married couples looking to book a romantic honeymoon package.
Before booking your trip here are a list of highlights that make Banyan Tree Resort in Phuket stand out from the rest.
- Banyan Tree Phuket is one of the most luxurious 5 star resorts on the island. It is an all-villa resort so you won’t find rooms or suites with balconies. The entry level, most affordable villas are all chic so any price point is a guaranteed luxurious experience. This is the place to splurge!
- The resort is ideal for couples but also accommodates families with children as they have plenty of fun activities as well as a kids club program.
- If you’re a golf aficionado Banyan Tree Phuket has one of the best 18 hole courses in all of Thailand. It’s conveniently located directly across from the hotel lobby.
- The resort is located in the Laguna Phuket complex, which features a free shuttle between the hotels so you can easily visit other properties if you’re keen to explore or try a restaurant at a different resort one night.
- The service here is top drawer, from poolside servers to attentive spa therapists, and restaurant menus that are best described as exquisite!
Banyan Tree Phuket Resort Accommodation
The most important question you have to ask yourself when reading a Banyan Tree Phuket Resort review is, “what type of accommodation would I like to book for my holiday?”
The 89 acre property features 194 all-pool villas, which range in size from the 140 sqm Serenity Pool Villa to the sprawling 550 sqm Spa Pool Villa. Configurations include 1, 2 or 3 bedroom luxury villas.
Décor is traditional Thai and tasteful; think peaked roofs, teak floors, streaks of silk and hand-painted murals above platform beds. The most striking are the Double Pool Villas, which have a pool of water surrounding a glass-encased bedroom, as well as a private swimming pool.
Evening turndown service includes turning on the dramatic pool lights, and lighting fragrant incense in the room.
Banyan Tree’s one-bedroom pool villas in Phuket are perfect for couples looking to spend an intimate holiday together. Secluded spaces are surrounded by lush tropical gardens providing a relaxing private oasis where you can enjoy quality time with your partner, improved sleep and deep relaxation.
Each villa is set next to a private landscaped garden and has his-and-hers dressing areas, teak-framed floor-to-ceiling windows, and dominant colours of black, gold, and red.
Large windows allow you to enjoy natural light and take in the ambience outside of your private villa space throughout the day. From the luxurious interior of your villa, step right into your private 14 sqm outdoor pool. Retreat to a cosy spot in the shade on a spacious wooden deck to finish off your day in a comfortable Japanese daybed.
Many Banyan Tree Phuket Resort Villa’s feature plush king-sized bed, outdoor pool and hot tub, comfy oversized cabana bed, outdoor dining table, coffee and tea making corner, outdoor bathtub, rain shower, and fancy Japanese toilets.
Banyan Tree Phuket Spa
If you’re looking to indulge in traditional Thai massage and beauty treatments spend a few hours relaxing at Banyan Tree Spa.
The spa at Banyan Tree Phuket Resort celebrates the art of touch, and the use of natural and native ingredients with a holistic focus.
Holistic Banyan Signature treatments take complete care of your mind, body, and soul. Guests can choose from three unique 150-minute treatments specially designed to relieve stress and renew energy.
I enjoyed a 90 minute Thai massage in a gorgeous couples cabana. The space featured glass sliding doors that opened up into a garden featuring a hindu carving reminiscent of the ancient art found at Angkor Watt. It was one of my most blissful spa experiences I had in Thailand as attention to detail was obvious at every step of the relaxation journey.
The massage began with a foot scrub and bath then I selected my prefered scented aromatherapy massage oils. After the blissful treatment the therapist massaged by oiled body with hot damp towels, ensuring I wasn’t slipping and sliding on the walk back to my villa. The treatment finishes with a hot cup of ginger tea and fresh tropical fruits.
Beyond massage the Banyan Tree Phuket Spa also offers relaxing facials, scrubs, body wraps and calming baths.
You May Also Enjoy Reading These Thai Stories…
- Things to Do When Beach Hopping in Thailand
- Phulay Bay Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Krabi
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui
- The Tongsai Bay Luxury Resort in Koh Samui
- W Koh Samui Luxury Resort in Thailand
- Amari Resort Koh Samui in Thailand
- Amari Vogue Krabi Luxury Resort in Thailand
- The Best Popular & Famous Spicy Thai Food Dishes
- 10 Must Try Tastes in Thailand
Banyan Tree Phuket Restaurants
No Banyan Tree Phuket Resort review is complete until you’ve had an opportunity to wag your finger down each of the marvelous menus.
The 5 star luxury resort in Phuket offers guests 4 restaurant concepts, from authentic Thai to fresh seafood. You can also swim up to the pool bar to sip boozy drinks and enjoy light bites whenever a craving hits you midday. The refined Lobby Bar also serves traditional Afternoon Tea and is the place to be for evening pre-dinner cocktails.
Saffron is Banyan Tree Phuket’s signature restaurant, which serves authentic Thai flavours with innovative twists each night at dinner.
The romantic restaurant’s simple elegance provides a relaxing dining room where you can savour unique modern renditions of local classics. Originating as a simple curry house, Saffron has grown into an award-winning dining experience.
The dining room is located at the heart of the resort, between the check-in desk and lobby bar. Guests can dine in the warm glow of the dining room or enjoy an al fresco feast under the stars.
Once seated a server comes around the table with a porcelain jug and large bowl to pass water filled with fragrant flowers over your hands to clean them before the meal.
I was most impressed by the little trolly that whips around the dining room once main courses have been placed at the table. Tin tops are wisped away and reveal a stream of steam that floats to the ceiling, revealing a selection of rice options like jasmine, turmeric and saffron.
Head to The Watercourt in the morning for a sumptuous brunch overlooking the Lagoon or an unforgettable Phuketian seafood and steak feast enjoyed on a romantic patio under the twinkle of stars at dinner.
With a gorgeous location flanked by calm waters and twinkling evening lights, Banyan Tree’s international restaurant concept is perfect for a private romantic dinner in Phuket.
In the morning, guests waddle over to The Watercourt to feast on a delectable breakfast buffet.
You’ll find an incredible array of breakfast options including Western classics like an omelette station, homemade French pastries, charcuterie, cheese, fresh fruit, yogurt & porridge, waffles, pancakes, French Toast, bacon, sausage and an eye-popping donut wall.
Of course you’ll also find Asian breakfast staples like Phuketian dim sum, spicy coconut curries, freshly tossed noodles and DIY soup. You’ll also find separate breakfast stations showcasing popular dishes from India and Japan.
In the evening the restaurant presents its international flair with a mouth-watering menu perfect for those who love surf and turf. You can watch expert grill-masters clasping large tongs as they flip sizzling ribeye steaks and prawns.
For a casual dining experience with a view overlooking the Laguna Golf Course, stop by Banyan Café for a sip and nibble. With a wide selection of light Thai and Western food options and a bright atmosphere, it’s the ideal spot for a quick meet up in between activities.
Enjoy a range of delicious Thai dishes and café classics including pizzas, pastas, salads and sandwiches. Highlights from the Banyan Cafe menu include Duck Fat Fries, Green Curry Mussel Pot, Quinoa Beet Salad, Thai Grilled Pork Neck Salad and South Western Fried Chicken Sandwich.
Veya Restaurant sits perched over a large swimming pool, which is connected to the resort’s main lagoon-style pool. While dining at lunch you’ll often find swimmers breast-stroking down down the centre of the pool or floating in the sunshine with a big smile.
The healthy restaurant is conveniently located beside the entrance to the spa, making it a perfect stop for those on a wellness holiday.
At Veya you can enjoy food inspired by both Asian and Mediterranean culinary traditions. Dine al fresco on beautiful wooden furniture accented by bright blue pillows.
Highlights from the Veya menu include Smoked Tuna Mille-Feuille, Spicy BibimBap Bowl, Sambal Pork Chop, and Pumpkin Spinach Tortellini.
Fun Things To Do In Phuket
It’s important to take a break from sunbathing on the beach to explore all that Phuket has to offer! Book a fun tour or authentic Thai experience to make your visit to Phuket unforgettable!
- Private Airport Transfer in Phuket: start your Phuket honeymoon with ease by booking a private airport transfer.
- James Bond Island Luxury Catamaran Tour: enjoy an 8 hour day trip to the famous James Bond Island including a buffet lunch, swimming, snorkeling and kayaking. Enjoy sunset during dinner on your return journey.
- Small-Group Jungle Hiking Excursion in Khao Phra Teaw Park: join a small group of active travelers on a 6 hour tour to hike the beautiful jungle at Khao Phra Teaw Park.
- Simon Cabaret Drag Show: is one of Thailand’s most famous drag show cabarets. Enjoy a musical spectacular featuring glamorous costumes and hilarious skits.
- Horse Riding On the Beach At Sunset: book a romantic hour-long horseback riding experience on the beach at sunset.
- Phuket Jet Ski Tour: cruise through turquoise waters on a jet ski on this island-hopping day tour from Phuket.
- Phuket City Tour: enjoy a 5 hour tour of Phuket featuring stops at top attractions like the Big Buddha statue, sacred Wat Chalong temple, a cashew nut factory, and Windmill Viewpoint.
- Phuket Elephant Sanctuary: enjoy an unforgettable encounter with elephants on this 3 hour tour. Located on 30 acres of lush, tropical land bordering the Khao Phra Thaeo National Park, this sanctuary focusses on compassionate and ethical elephant tourism.
- Phuket Old Town Food Tour: foodies will love this 4 hour food tour of Phuket Old Town. Taste authentic Burmese curries, Hokkien noodles, and locally grown tropical fruits.
- Thai Cooking Class: enjoy a 3 hour cooking class to learn traditional Thai cuisine techniques.
- Muay Thai Boxing at Patong Boxing Stadium: sports fans enjoy a 3 hour Muay Thai boxing match, one of the most popular sports in Thailand.
- ATV And Zipline Experience: enjoy an exhilarating 3 hours exploring lush jungle by ATV then fly through the treetops on a zipline.
Banyan Tree Phuket Resort Video Tour
33 33/27 ถนน ศรีสุนทร Tambon Choeng Thale, 66-76-372-400
The hotel hosted Dobbernationloves on a press trip and did not review the story before publication. Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.