Centrale Bergham is a halal fast food restaurant in Toronto’s trendy Queen Street West neighbourhood.
The Middle Eastern quick service restaurant in Toronto offers a bright dining room with seating for 40.
Centrale Bergham’s halal menu offers Middle Eastern-inspired sandwiches, burgers, wraps, salads and poutine.
Centrale Bergham Opens in Toronto
The halal quick-service sandwich shop originally launched in Montreal in 2012. Over the last few years the popular Middle Eastern halal restaurant has been growing steadily in Ontario and Quebec. You can now find Centrale Bergham franchises from Quebec City to Montreal, and Ottawa to Toronto.
Centrale Bergham’s first Toronto outpost is owned by Ammar Al Jammal and opened in July, 2019. It arrives shortly after the city lined up for the opening of The Halal Guys, proving halal cuisine is all the rage here.
Ammar explains, “After opening more than 10 locations in the Montreal and a few in nearby Ottawa, it was time for Centrale Bergham to expand west. Toronto was the obvious next big city we wanted to leave a mark, as it is known for its diverse culture.”
The restaurant’s name reads Maghreb backwards. The name pays homage to the humble beginnings of the brand by paying respect to where they came from, North Africa.
Stroll to the front of the dining room to place your order at the friendly cashier. The Centrale Bergham menu hangs above the window to the kitchen.
On the left wall you’ll find a soda pop machine and a parade of Centrale Bergham’s signature sauces. One of the hallmarks of the popular halal restaurant is that they allow guests to sample and squirt their own sauces. The restaurant’s sauces are named after the destinations that inspire each flavour profile, Algerian, Moroccan and beyond!
Fast Food Halal Menu
Ammar explains Centrale Bergham’s food philosophy, “Our goal is to provide a quick meal, but quality is our priority. We consider ourselves to be in the fast-casual market. Centrale Bergham’s dishes feature flavours from all over the world and our concept has roots in French cuisine with an American twist.”
The popular halal restaurant in Toronto sources 100% Canadian meat. Its house-baked bread is imported daily from France, offering diners a unique texture and taste. Beverages on offer include Coca Cola fountain soda, juice, and water.
If it’s your first visit to Centrale Bergham, Ammar suggests ordering the restaurants signature dishes: Philly Steak Sandwich, Maximum Sandwich or the Bergham Sandwich.
Centrale Bergham offers traditional American-style burgers but its sandwiches are its best entree offering. The sub-meets-pita sandwiches are stuffed to the brim in a kebab-style bread.
Centrale Bergham’s signature dishes are its eye-popping halal sandwiches. The gourmet Middle Eastern dishes feature quality ingredients such as filet mignon, beef bacon, tandoori chicken and merguez sausage.
- Philly Steak: creamy ﬁlet mignon, mushrooms, swiss cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, Samurai sauce
- Maximum: Philadelphia creamy chicken breast, two beef patties, beef bacon, cheddar cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, Algerian sauce
- Vegeta: vegetarian patty, hash browns, fried onions, mushroom, roasted peppers, tomatoes, Moroccan sauce
- Special: Tandoori chicken, two beef patties, cheddar cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, American sauce
- Supreme: marinated chicken thigh, kebab spices, beef merguez sausage, onion, tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, Samurai sauce
- Bergham: three beef patties, egg, beef bacon, cheddar cheese. onions, tomatoes, lettuce, Algerian sauce
Centrale Bergham Burgers
The restaurant’s burger offering offers classic beef patties as well as crispy chicken, fish fillet and a vegetarian option. Since it’s a halal restaurant you won’t find bacon or pork products here.
- JR: two beef patties, cheddar cheese, ketchup
- Cheese: beef patty, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cheddar cheese, ketchup
- King: beef patty, crispy chicken, fried onions, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, bbq sauce
- Twist: beef patty, egg, beef bacon, cheddar cheese, onions, tomato, lettuce, Algerian sauce
Biggie: two beef patties, cheddar cheese, Biggie sauce, onions, lettuce, pickle
- Chicken: crispy chicken, cheddar cheese, mayo, lettuce
- Fish: fish filet, cheddar cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, tartar sauce
- Vegeta: vegetarian patty, tomato, onion, lettuce cheddar cheese, Moroccan sauce
Centrale Bergham Wraps
The restaurant’s wraps are a great option if you’re looking for a grab and go meal. Or, if you don’t have the appetite to conquer a huge sandwich in one sitting.
- Snap: fries, two merguez sausages, chicken breast with cream, swiss cheese, cheese curds, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, Algerian sauce
- Mex: Tandoori chicken, roasted peppers, jalapenos, cheddar cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, Samurai sauce
- Marrakech: minced meat, fried onions, roasted peppers, tomatoes, egg, fries, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, Samurai sauce
The restaurant’s salads offer a healthy vegetarian option, which can be topped with Tandoori or Curry Chicken.
- House Salad: mixed salad, cucumber, olive, tomato, onions
- Chicken Salad: mixed salad, cucumber, olive, tomato, lettuce, chicken
- Le Rouge Salad: mixed salad, cucumber, olive, tomato, Tandoori chicken, onions, lettuce
- Chika Salad: mixed salad, cucumber, olive, tomato, curry chicken, onions, lettuce
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Banh Mi Boys on Queen West
- The County General on Queen West
- 416 Snack Bar on Queen West
- Aloette French Restaurant in Toronto
- Banu Toronto: Persian Restaurant on Queen West
- The Good Son Toronto: Italian Restaurant on Queen West
- Lamesa Filipino Kitchen in Toronto
- Carmen Toronto: Spanish Restaurant on Queen West
Centrale Bergham’s best dishes come from its poutine menu. Perhaps not a shock that a Montreal-based fast food company gets a poutine recipe right!
The classic poutine is fine but we suggest splurging on the Philly Steak, topped with creamy fillet mignon and sautéed mushrooms.
- Poutine: french fries, poutine sauce and cheese curds
- Poutine Chika: french fries, poutine sauce, cheese curds, curry chicken
- Poutine Philly Steak: french fries, poutine sauce, cheese curds, creamy ﬁlet mignon, mushrooms
- Poutine Merguez: french fries, poutine sauce, cheese curds, beef merguez sausage
- Poutine Le Chef: french fries, poutine sauce, cheese curds, creamy chicken cutlets, mushrooms
- Poutine Le Rouge: french fries, poutine sauce, cheese curds, tandoori chicken
Centrale Bergham Toronto
- Opening Hours:
Price Range: $
Cuisine: Middle Eastern