The Good Son Toronto is one of the city’s best Italian restaurants. Located on trendy Queen Street West, The Good Son restaurant offers a multi-cultural mashup of Italian-inspired dishes.
Step Inside The Good Son Toronto
Enter through the pantry they say! Looks as though the once clubby Nyood on Queen West has been given a spectacular makeover. The trip begins as hungry guests tip toe through an old-school general store. The petite entryway serves as The Good Son Toronto’s hostess station, pizza takeaway counter and retail outlet for the Colacitti family’s olive oils.
Take a quick left and you’ll find yourself surrounded by a dreamy vintage dinning room. Leather wingback chairs and tufted booths furnish the sun soaked lounge, while the kitchen overlooks an 18 seat harvest table.
The space reminds me of a modernized old-fashioned drawing room featuring Edison bulbs hang from the ceiling, tea-towel napkins neatly tucked under fork and knife and walls plastered with old photos, mirrors and a choir of antique clocks.
The Good Son Toronto Bar
The restaurants massive bar is smack dab in the centre of the space. It’s the most eye-catching element inside the The Good Son and perfect perch to people watch.
The Good Son’s wine list offers extension selection of old and new world wines. The focus is on Italian bottles but also features wine from New Zealand, Germany, Spain and Niagara.
Craft beer lovers will enjoy bottles and draught from Estrella, Stropramen, Saulter Street, Murphy’s, Krombacher, Heineken and Guinness.
Craft Cocktails at The Good Son Toronto
- Fourteen Bones: Cazadores Reposado, Amaro Montenegro, Citrus, Stout-Molasses Reduction, Raspberries, Mole
- Crocodilisk: Tanqueray Gin, Granny Smith, Lime Juice, Green Chartreuse, Pineapple, Mint, Mezcal Rinse
- Lost Loves: fig-Infused Rittenhouse Rye, Warrens 10yr Port, Lemon Juice, Honey, Burnt Absinthe
- Japanese Whisky Cocktail: Suntory Toki, Coconut, Averna, Lemon Juice and Lemongrass
- Little Priest: Cocchi Vermouth Amaro, Rinquinquin Peach Liqueur, Lemon, Earl Grey Tea, Rosemary
- Fixed Aperture: Grey Goose, Kina L’Aero D’Or Rose Gin, Grapefruit, Rhubarb Bitters
- Porto Santo Manhattan: Bulleit Rye, Sweet Vermouth, Madeira, Angostura, Espresso Crema
- Tropism: Star of Bombay Gin, Cocchi Americano, Amaro Sibona, Rinquinquin Peach, Good Son Bitters
- Old Hollywood: Plantation Pineapple Rum, Tempus Fugit Gran Classico, Amontillado Sherry
The Good Son Toronto Menu
Chef Vittorio Colacitti of Top Chef Canada fame manages the kitchen at The Good Son Toronto. Chef Colacitti describes his menu as “Toronto cuisine,” a reflection of the melting pot of cultures that have gentrified the Queen West neighbourhood.”
Colacitti’s dishes reflect a colourful mix of cultural influences, including French (steak tartare), Japanese (hamachi crudo) and Spanish (chorizo and shishito adorned octopus).
Start your evening by hopping up on a stool at the bar, a perfect people watching perch and prime location for a bit of craft cocktail theatre. Then saunter over to a petite table in the lounge to nibble through an unforgettable and unique interpretation of Italian cuisine… you’ll only find in Toronto.
The Good Son Toronto: Cold
- Oysters: seasonal mignonette, lemon, horseradish
- Sam Bream Aguachile: tomatillo, pomegranate, cilantro, corn, tortillas
- Steak Tartare: soft-boiled quail egg, grilled sourdough
- Burrata: wood-roasted squash, sage, aged balsamic
- Arugula and Pear Salad: st. agur, maple walnuts, preserved lemon vinaigrette
- Organic Green Salad: avocado, radish, maple dijon vinaigrette
- Green Mango Salad: palm sugar and lime dressing, fresh peanut
The Good Son Toronto: To Share
- Jerk Shrimp: crispy potato, green mango, fresh peanut
- Spicy Brussels Sprouts: tamari, maple, sambal olek
- Warm Mushroom Salad: hen of the woods, frisee, ricotta salata
- Antipasto: cheese and charcuterie selection, pickles
- Hand Cut Fries: malt mayo
- Warm Olives: grilled sourdough
- Digby Scallops: spicy rapini, charred lemon
The Good Son Toronto: Wood Oven Pizza
- Margherita: san marzano tomato, fior di latte, basil
- Margherita D.O.P: san marzano tomato, bufala mozzarella, basil
- Spicy Sopressata: anaheim chili, sun dried olives
- Prosciutto: arugula, roasted tomato, mascarpone
- Mauna Loa: smoked pork cheek, roasted pineapple, scotch bonnet
- Capricciosa: proscuitto cotto, artichoke, mushroom, olives
The Good Son Toronto: Mains
- Cheeseburger: housemade cheese, russian dressing, hand-cut fries. Add berkshire bacon.
- Steak Frites: 10oz dry-aged ribeye, natural jus
- Mushroom Pappardelle: wild mushroom, white truffle oil, grana padano
- Bulgogi Short Ribs: kimchi fried rice, sunny-side quail egg
- Wood-Grilled Octopus For 2: squid-ink fregola, shishitos
- Fish of the Day
The Good Son Toronto: Dessert
- Dark Chocolate Brownie: hazelnut gelato
- Creme Brulee: roasted banana caramel
- Lemon Curd: ontario fruit, almond crumble
- Ice Cream Sandwich: peanut butter gelato
- House-Made Gelato: daily selection
The Good Son Toronto Hours
Tuesday to Thursday: 6-11pm
Friday and Saturday: 5-11pm
Sunday: 11am-2:30pm and 5-10pm
The Good Son Toronto Reservations
1096 Queen Street West, 416-551-0589