Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake is our favourite Irish Cream to sip when celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day!
Our green-coloured Baileys Mint boozy milkshake recipe is quick & easy to make at home in a Cuisinart blender.
The creamy St. Paddy’s Day inspired drink features Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake Irish Cream Liqueur, vanilla ice cream scoops, glug of whole milk, squirt of whipped cream and decorative chocolate shavings.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake?
Baileys is an Irish cream liqueur, an alcoholic beverage flavoured with cream, cocoa and Irish whiskey. Ireland’s most famous sweet sip is produced by Diageo in Dublin, Republic of Ireland and Mallusk, Northern Ireland.
Baileys is the original Irish cream, invented by Tom Jago in 1971 by Gilbeys of Ireland. The formulation of Baileys was motivated partly by the availability of alcohol from a money-losing distillery and a desire to use surplus cream from another business, Express Dairies, a result of the increased popularity of skimmed milk.
Baileys was officially introduced in 1974 as the world’s first Irish cream. The name was borrowed from a restaurant owned by John Chesterman, who granted Gilbey permission to use it. The fictional R.A. Bailey signature was inspired by the Bailey’s Hotel in London.
Today, the popularity of Baileys has exploded thanks to the Irish brands always evolving limited edition flavour launches. In the summer you can sip a beach-inspired Baileys Colada, while autumn is when we get excited for Baileys Apple Pie season.
Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake launched as a limited edition Irish Cream Liqueur just in time for Saint Patrick’s Day. It is available at your local liquor store throughout February and March, while supplies last.
Baileys Mint Irish Cream Serving Suggestions
Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake offer a delicious Irish twist to a classic dessert. The flavours of vanilla, mint and hint of chocolate are blended with Baileys Irish Cream for a sweet treat perfect for celebrating St. Paddy’s Day!
There are plenty of delicious ways to indulge in Baileys Mint Irish Cream:
- Mint Baileys Irish Cream Shot: pour Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake into a shot glass and top with a squirt of whipped cream.
- Baileys Vanilla Mint Sundae: pour Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake over vanilla ice cream scoops for a truly decadent mint-flavoured sundae. Or drizzle over our popular Homemade Grasshopper Ice Cream.
- Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake Cocktail: prepare our Baileys Mint Cocktail recipe, the perfect boozy adults-only milkshake!
Travel to Ireland to Sip A Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake Cocktail
I love traveling to Ireland, especially since its where my family traces our ancestral heritage. It always feels like I’m coming back home when I land on the Emerald Isle!
On a fun Irish Genealogy and Ancestry Adventure I was able to visit the land my family originally owned before sailing to Canada to start a new life.
As a food and travel journalist I’ve had the opportunity to visit Ireland on 4 trips that had me hunting down the Best Day Trips from Dublin, organizing the Ultimate Irish Road Trip, swooning for a romantic Honeymoon in Ireland, Exploring the Causeway Coast from Belfast to Bushmills and experiencing Saint Patrick’s Day in Dublin.
Every pub, bar, restaurant and hotel cocktail bar in Ireland (including the tiniest Bed & Breakfast) has a bottle of Baileys on a shelf somewhere ready to satisfy a weary traveler.
While the most famous way to use Baileys is by adding a few glugs to your morning coffee, in Ireland it’s also added to a bowl of oatmeal porridge or decadent Baileys French Toast.
Dessert fans can enjoy a taste of the Emerald Isle on St. Paddy’s Day by making our creamy Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake Cocktail! It’s the perfect green coloured drink to serve on Saint Patrick’s Day for dessert.
You May Enjoy Reading These Irish Travel Stories…
- Cliff House Ardmore: Best Spa Break in Ireland Offers Michelin Dining
- Cliff at Lyons Wedding: A Romantic Luxury Hotel Near Dublin
- Smithwick’s Experience: Beer Tour in Kilkenny
- Things To Do in Cork: Southern Ireland’s Capital of Cool
- Ardmore Cliff Walk: Scenic Seaside Hike in Ireland
- Jameson Distillery Tour: Cork’s Irish Whiskey Wonderland
- Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny: Downtown Luxury Accommodation
- Things To Do in Kilkenny: Explore Ireland’s Medieval Marvel
- In Search of Virtue: An Irish Genealogy and Ancestry Adventure
- Things To Do in Belfast: Gay Holiday in Northern Ireland’s Capital
- Exploring Ireland’s Rugged West Coast
Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake Cocktail Recipe Tips
- We prepared this recipe with a Cuisinart Hurricane Pro Blender. The heavy duty commercial quality blender features a 64-ounce jar, 6-prong stainless steel blade and 3.5 peak horsepower motor.
- You can prepare our yummy dessert cocktail by using Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake, which is a special limited release for Saint Patrick’s Day. You can mimic the milkshakes flavour during other times of the year by using a mixture of Baileys Irish Cream (1.5 oz) and Creme de Menthe (0.5 oz).
- We’ve prepared this recipe with a festive twirl of whipped cream on top, garnished with dark chocolate shavings. You can also drizzle the whipped cream with chocolate sauce.
- We suggest serving this Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake Cocktail recipe in a vintage milkshake glass or Collin’s glass.
- For a truly eye-popping Bailey Mint cocktail garnish the whipped cream tuft with a maraschino cherry and sprig of fresh mint leaves.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a fun Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake Cocktail Saint Patrick’s Day party you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
You May Also Enjoy These Baileys Recipes…
- Baileys Iced Coffee Cocktail
- Baileys Apple Pie Cocktail
- Mint Chocolate After Eight Cocktail
- Moist Baileys Banoffee Cake
- Homemade Baileys French Toast
How To Make A Decadent Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake Cocktail
Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake Irish Cream Cocktail
- Ice Cream Scoop
- 2 scoops Vanilla or Mint Ice Cream
- 4 oz Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Whipped Cream garnish
- 1 tsp Chocolate Shavings or Chocolate Sauce garnish
- Fresh Mint Sprig optional garnish
- In a blender add ice cream, Baileys Vanilla Mint Shake and milk. Blitz until smooth and combined.
- Pour the milkshake into a glass and top with a squirt of whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate shavings or chocolate sauce.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!