Looking to book a luxury hotel in Kilkenny just steps from the city’s iconic castle? Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny is the only luxury accommodation located in the Medieval old city quarter.
Sitting perched over Kilkenny’s exclusive Patrick Street, Pembroke Hotel is a boutique property featuring 74 spacious suites, Statham’s Bar & Restaurant and Mint medispa.
Save this story to Pinterest so you can look at it later!
Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny is located in a former race car garage, which built legendary names such as ERA, MG and Bugatti. The hotel has lovingly restored the Stratham-Ford Special, which is now on display near the guest parking lot.
The centrally located 4 star luxury hotel in Kilkenny offers an excellent jumping off point for those keen to discover the city’s medieval architectural marvels. Pembroke Hotel is located across from Kilkenny Castle and the Medieval Mile and its rooftop offers some of the best views of the city.
The boutique hotel’s interior is decorated in colourful art and freshly cut flowers. The Pembroke Hotel is also a patron of the Butler Gallery, regularly showcasing a selection from their permanent collection. It’s modern meets chic, a welcome juxtaposition for those looking to discover one of Ireland’s most historical cities.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Best Day Trips From Dublin
- In Search of Virtue: An Irish Genealogy and Ancestry Adventure
- Aniar Restaurant in Galway
- Owenmore Restaurant at Ballynahinch Castle
- Exploring Ireland’s Rugged West Coast
Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny Rooms
With 74 spacious, quiet, and air conditioned rooms, Pembroke Hotel offers a wide choice of 4 star accommodation in Kilkenny’s city centre.
The hotel offers three room categories all of which enjoy free WIFI:
- Standard Rooms: plush king sized bed, fluffy pillows, flat screen TV, iron, hairdryers, tea and Nespresso.
- Superior Rooms: more spacious suites featuring large windows and seating area.
- Castle View Rooms: the best view in the house allows you to peep over Kilkenny Castle.
Pembroke Hotel Spa
Located on Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny’s main floor, Mint is a medispa that offers the city’s best pampering facilities.
Mint by Pembroke Kilkenny offers a full range of rejuvenating services including facials, massages, make up application and lessons, waxing and exclusive signature packages. The popular Kilkenny day spa also features a clinic offering microneedling, skin peels, laser hair removal or skin rejuvenation with the Candela Max Pro Laser.
Pop by the spa’s retail shop and you’ll find a range of professional beauty products from celebrated brands such as Alumier MD, Buff Make Up and Dermalogica.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Things To Do in Belfast: Gay Holiday in Northern Ireland’s Capital
- Exploring the Causeway Coast from Belfast to Bushmills
- Saphyre Restaurant in Belfast
- Hadskis Restaurant in Belfast
- Deanes Meat Locker Restaurant in Belfast
- The Restaurant at Fitzwilliam Hotel in Belfast
- John Hewitt Bar in Belfast
Courtney Cass, Guest Relations Manager at Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny offered Dobbernationloves an exclusive interview to chat about what makes the boutique property so special.
What is most unique about Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny?
We are the only boutique hotel in Kilkenny City, located just around the corner from Kilkenny Castle, Butler Gallery and Kilkenny Design Centre. Our hotel is named after William Marshall, the 4th Earl of Pembroke and builder of the original Kilkenny Castle in early 13th century.
What is the food philosophy at Statham’s Bar & Restaurant?
Our menus use the freshest local ingredients to create delicious contemporary Irish dishes from farm-to-fork. Guests in our dining room can enjoy fresh Kilkenny products from Breagagh Vallen Artisan Meats, Ballykeefe Distillery, Costello’s Beer, Deegan’s Fruit & Vegetables, Highbank Orchard and Goatsbridge Trout Farm.
Statham’s Restaurant’s most popular dishes include the Grand Prix Burger (prepared with Breagagh Valley Rose veal), Goatsbridge Rainbow Trout with Lemon Risotto, Ballykeefe Poitín Bread & Butter Pudding and Costello’s Beer Battered Fish & Chips.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin
- Gallaghers Boxty House Restaurant in Dublin
- Fade Street Social Restaurant in Dublin
- The Saddle Room at the Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin
- 37 Dawson Street Restaurant in Dublin
- The Church Bar and Restaurant in Dublin
How is the food culture in Kilkenny unique to the rest of Ireland?
Kilkenny was the winner of Ireland’s Foodie Destination 2019! Each year Foodie Destinations’ judges look tirelessly for a winner that actively promotes itself through food festivals, gourmet trails or farmers’ markets, as well as great dining experiences for locals and visitors alike.
2018 judges noted that Kilkenny has developed an eclectic and diverse food and tourism offering which includes top quality gastro pub food, a wide range of Irish and international food offerings and even Michelin star restaurants.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Ireland Road Trip: Best Places To Visit On An Irish Holiday
- Honeymoon in Ireland at These Romantic Luxury Hotels
- Cliff House Ardmore: Best Spa Break in Ireland Offers Michelin Dining
- Cliff at Lyons Wedding: A Romantic Luxury Hotel Near Dublin
- Smithwick’s Experience: Beer Tour in Kilkenny
- Things To Do in Cork: Southern Ireland’s Capital of Cool
- Ardmore Cliff Walk: Scenic Seaside Hike in Ireland
- Jameson Distillery Tour: Cork’s Irish Whiskey Wonderland
- Things To Do in Kilkenny: Explore Ireland’s Medieval Marvel
What attractions do you suggest first time visitors explore in Kilkenny?
The city’s main visitor attraction is Kilkenny Castle, home to the Butler family for almost 600 years. Originally a stone castle built by William Marshal who also built Hook Lighthouse in Co. Wexford, the second oldest operating lighthouse in the world. The Butler Family retained ownership of the castle from 1391 until 1967. Fully restored to how the family lived in it last, it is a castle like no other!
Visitors also love St. Canice’s Cathedral and Round Tower. There are only two towers left in Ireland you can still climb, one is in Kildare and the other in Kilkenny. St. Canice’s features seven flights of ladders to the top but the view looking into St. Francis’ Abbey on the brewery site and towards Kilkenny Castle are amazing. It is the oldest part of the city and where our name originates, Cill Chainnigh translates to the Church of Canice.
The Smithwick’s Experience also does a great tour, with talking family portraits telling you the history of the site, brewed here since 1710.
Best Tours In Kilkenny
- Smithwick’s Entrance Ticket: Explore the history of Smithwick’s — Ireland’s oldest brewery — with a visit to Smithwick’s Experience Kilkenny.
- Kilkenny City Tours: The tour starts off at Kilkenny Castle and brings you on a 30-minute tour around Medieval Kilkenny City. While on board you will hear a full commentary about the fascinating insight into the history of Kilkenny.
- The Medieval Mile Museum Guided Tour: Immerse yourself in 800 years of Irish history with a tour of the Medieval Mile Museum in Kilkenny.
11 Patrick Street, 353-56-778-3500
Review Our Travel Checklist When Planning Your Next Adventure!
Find the best flights on Skyscanner
Never travel without insurance! We suggest World Nomads comprehensive coverage as it includes over 250 adventure activities such as scuba diving, bungee jumping and surfing.
If you’re planning a road trip make sure to compare the best local car rental options.
Looking to book a tour or VIP experience on holiday? Book the best local tours on Viator.
Be sure to check your travel destinations electrical plug requirements in advance. If you travel often be sure to purchase a multi-region adaptor.
Whether you’re marching through a city or exploring a rugged rural landscape, it’s important to ensure you’re traveling with comfortable footwear. We suggest these comfortable walking shoes for urban adventures or these waterproof hiking boots when embarking on a hike holiday.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.