Looking for a luxury hotel near Dublin to celebrate your fairy tale Irish nuptials? Book a Cliff at Lyons Wedding and you’ll join a choir of happy couples who have indulged at the award winning luxury hotel in Ireland.
Located a short 20kms from Dublin, Cliff at Lyons is one of Ireland’s most luxurious rural retreats. Skip through the gorgeous property and you’ll see why it’s one of Ireland’s most popular wedding venues, honeymoon holidays and romantic weekend getaways.
Save this story to Pinterest so you can look at it later!
Lyons Estate is a country house in Lyons Hill, County Kildare, Ireland. Located just west of the city centre of Dublin, the Georgian house, completed in 1797 under architect Oliver Grace, is set across a sprawling 600 acres.
University College Dublin purchased the Lyons Estate in 1963. In the early 1990s, the university sold the house and half of the land. It was later purchased by Ryanair tycoon Tony Ryan for £3.5 million who spent over £80 million renovating it, and it was inherited by his wife upon his death
In 2016, the village section of the estate was sold to the Cliff Collection and developed into a luxury hotel called, Cliff at Lyons.
In 2019 the property enjoyed a makeover to better serve the booming Cliff at Lyons Wedding industry. The luxury resort now features a refurbished destination spa, organic garden and fine dining restaurant Áimsir.
Cliff at Lyons Accommodation
There are 39 luxurious rooms at Cliff at Lyons – all individually designed and spread out in a number of different historic buildings and cottages.
In-room amenities are as you would expect of an award winning 5 star hotel, including WIFI, flatscreen TVs and Nespresso coffee machines. Many of the bedrooms have romantic Four Poster Beds, perfect for a Cliff at Lyons Wedding couple to snooze and swoon.
Irish tradition, old and new, has inspired the design at Cliff at Lyons. Accommodation in the Mayors and Stables Buildings are contemporary in style, pattern-free and drenched in natural light. All are accented with reproduction and genuine period antiques. Ground level rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows – with a quiet, serene feel interrupted only by the sound of the fountain out front.
En-suite bathrooms feature outsized rainfall showers; seven of the Lily Pond Rooms also have contemporary freestanding bathtubs, and one, has double-vanity sinks.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Best Day Trips From Dublin
- In Search of Virtue: An Irish Genealogy and Ancestry Adventure
- Aniar Restaurant in Galway
- Owenmore Restaurant at Ballynahinch Castle
- Exploring Ireland’s Rugged West Coast
Rooms, Apartments and Cottages
If you’re planning a Cliff at Lyons Wedding there are three accommodation styles available for your guests.
- Rooms: lead-in doubles are the four Estate Rooms in the Mayors building. There are 11 Lily Pond Rooms located in the Manor, Stables including a standalone cottage-style room, Patrick Kavanagh.
- Apartments: spacious apartments feature bathrooms shared by two bedrooms, which are ideal for families, and overlook the courtyard, potager or The Orangery Restaurant.
- Cottages: Two-and three-bedroom cottages suit both families with young children and groups of friends enjoying a weekend getaway. These cottages are also popular for longer stays.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Gallaghers Boxty House Restaurant in Dublin
- Fade Street Social Restaurant in Dublin
- The Saddle Room at the Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin
- 37 Dawson Street Restaurant in Dublin
- The Church Bar and Restaurant in Dublin
Cliff at Lyons Wedding
Cliff at Lyons provides a picturesque venue for civil ceremonies and wedding receptions. Together with its excellent tailor-made service and dining, the hotel makes for a unique and memorable day. Couples are attended to closely from early-stage event planning to when the last guest leaves. Absolute flexibility is built into their wedding planning approach.
Cliff at Lyons weddings can seat up to 200 guests at a civil ceremony in the Shackleton Mill, with a cascading waterfall as a backdrop, while up to 80 wedding guests can stay on-site at the properties posh suites and cottages.
Drinks and canapés can be served in the 17th-century courtyard, on the lawn or in The Mill, with full-service gourmet dinners in a range of venues.
Cliff at Lyons Wedding Packages Include:
- Wedding Tasting for the couple
- Bridal Suite on the wedding night
- Arrival glass of champagne for the couple
- 1st year anniversary stay with dinner and full Irish breakfast
- Dedicated wedding co-ordinator
- Access to the grounds for photography
- Special bedroom rates on wedding night
- Red carpet on arrival
- Personalized printed wedding menus and table plans
- Candelabras and tea lights on tables
- Cake stand and cake knife
- PA system, microphone and projector
- Ample car parking
The Well in the Garden is a luxury award-winning spa set in the beautifully restored Carriage House building.
The two-story building was renovated to maintain the old-style elegance of the original structure, and includes three treatment rooms, a manicure & pedicure suite and large relaxation space.
Mirroring the lush Irish green countryside setting and botanically focused treatment menu, the interior of the Cliff at Lyons Spa features sophisticated floral patterns, encouraging guests to reconnect with nature and relax the body, mind and soul.
The Well in the Garden Spa Menu
The spa offers a selection of unique signature treatments, perfect for those celebrating a Cliff at Lyons Wedding:
- Hug of the Hands Full Body Massage: therapy begins with a back exfoliation using salt and freshly harvested herbs from the garden. Hot towels calm the muscles, that are then expertly massaged to release tension and stress.
- Peat For the Feet Pedicure: immerse your feet in a deeply cleansing foot soak, followed by salt and fresh rosemary exfoliation and rich peat mud, which is smoothed over the skin to restore vital trace elements. While the mask is penetrating, you’re treated to a scalp, neck and shoulder massage. File and polish included.
- Rose and Clay Hand Ritual: this organic manicure contains rose and carrageen moss to deeply cleanse and heal tension. A full hand and arm massage help you relax, finishing with a nourishing pink clay mask to regenerate your skin and nails. While the mask is penetrating, you are treated to a scalp, neck and shoulder massage finished with a file and polish.
Cliff at Lyons Restaurants
Those looking to book a Cliff at Lyons Wedding are spoilt for choice in the culinary department. The property features three spectacular dining outlets: The Orangery, Trellis and Áimsir.
The Orangery Restaurant
The Orangery Restaurant is dominated by glass walls and feels as though you’re eating inside a magical greenhouse. A large fig tree climbs up the single stone wall, which is regularly kissed with the day’s sun.
Chef Nathan Dimond infuses a botanical spirit into the menu at The Orangery. Chef Dimond maintains strong relationships with local Irish suppliers for fish and meat and also forages ingredients for his menus. You’re likely to find wild crab apples, damson plums, fresh fungi, and elderberries on Chef Dimond’s farm to table menu.
A recent menu featured rosé veal from Kildare and lobster from the back of Terry Butterly’s pier on Carlingford Loch, served alongside Galway oysters and Tipperary pork.
- Celeriac: apple, pickled walnut, lovage
- White Asparagus: blasket island crab, garden herbs
- Feighcullen Chicken: oyster mushrooms, gnocchi, globe artichoke
- Char Siu Pork: tiger prawns, fried rice, pak choi
Trellis at Cliff at Lyons showcases Irish produce in a relaxed atmosphere. At Trellis restaurant guests enjoy informal dining in the beautiful setting at Cliff at Lyons located beside the bank of the Grand Canal.
The Grand Canal is a popular walking and cycling route with locals and visitors both for its natural beauty and historical sites. The cobbled courtyard that surrounds Trellis is where you can make the most of the summer sun. Tables are laid out on warm days so guests can quench on homemade Irish lemonade and nibble on sweets from the bakery.
- Classic Caesar Salad: romaine lettuce, parmesan, croutons, coddled eggs, anchovies, olive oil
- Langoustines: garlic, lemon, parsley, butter, sourdough toast
- John Stone Irish Beef Striploin: chips, crispy onions, bernaise
- Risotto: toonsbridge buratta, artichoke, red pepper
Aimsir is Cliff at Lyons’ newest culinary inspiration. Officially launched in Spring 2019, Aimsir restaurant offers an elegant dining room that explores the Irish larder.
The menu at Aimsir is inspired by the idea of climate and how it controls what grows and is harvested – and how that discovery influences our mood and our plate. Celebrating what can be sown and harvested, fished and foraged on the island of Ireland, Aimsir restaurant is a passionate advocate for an authentic range of ingredients used in a sophisticated and inventive way.
Cornwall-born Chef Jordan Bailey and Danish front of house manager Majken Bech Christensen explored the food producers and ingredients of their newly adopted home. Jordan was previously head chef at 3 star Michelin Maaemo where the two met, and a key member of 2 star Michelin Restaurant Sat Bains.
Dinner at Aimsir Restaurant is served as a single set tasting menu of around 15 individual servings. Seasonal Tasting Menu is €105 per person and you can add €85 for the beverage pairing.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Things To Do in Belfast: Gay Holiday in Northern Ireland’s Capital
- Exploring the Causeway Coast from Belfast to Bushmills
- Saphyre Restaurant in Belfast
- Hadskis Restaurant in Belfast
- Deanes Meat Locker Restaurant in Belfast
- The Restaurant at Fitzwilliam Hotel in Belfast
- John Hewitt Bar in Belfast
Cliff at Lyons Wedding Menu
Dynamic, produce-driven menus are what the Cliff at Lyons kitchens do best. The our Head Chef Nathan Dimond reaches into his Irish larder to create a memorable feast for every occasion.
Couples will find dishes to suit every wedding guest needs, from canapé, platter, classic and collection menus. Chef Dimond is available to provide guidance and input during each step of your preparations, tailoring meals to your exact specifications, meaning neither dietary requirements nor fussy eaters will be able to cast a shadow on your special day.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Ireland Road Trip: Best Places To Visit On An Irish Holiday
- Honeymoon in Ireland at These Romantic Luxury Hotels
- Cliff House Ardmore: Best Spa Break in Ireland Offers Michelin Dining
- Smithwick’s Experience: Beer Tour in Kilkenny
- Things To Do in Cork: Southern Ireland’s Capital of Cool
- Ardmore Cliff Walk: Scenic Seaside Hike in Ireland
- Jameson Distillery Tour: Cork’s Irish Whiskey Wonderland
- Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny: Downtown Luxury Accommodation
- Things To Do in Kilkenny: Explore Ireland’s Medieval Marvel
Cliff at Lyons Wedding: Sample Menus
- Terry Butterly’s Smoked Salmon: soda bread, lemon and chive crème fraiche
- Ardsallagh Goats Cheese: rocket pesto, pine nut, puff pastry
- Foie Gras Burger: pineapple, brioche, caramel
- BBQ Salmon: blinis, avruga caviar
- Serrano Ham: roasted garlic and lemon hummus, crostini
- Yellow Fin Tuna Ceviche: nori tempura rice cracker
- Chicken Liver Pate: seasonal chutney, toasted brioche
- Beetroot Cured Bantry Bay Salmon: horseradish, cucumber, ginger beer
- Smoked Duck: prune, black tea, charred broccoli salad
- Scallop: tj crowes pork belly, black pudding, apple, sorrel
- Clogherhead Crab: avocado, chilli, watermelon, toast
- Foie Gras Terrine: quinche, smoked almond, gingerbread
- Annagassan Blue Lobster Ravioli: garden kale, coconut bisque, garden herbs
- Garden Vegetable
- Roast Tomato and Arequina Oil
- Chicken and Mushroom
- Leek and Potato
- Shellfish Bisque
- Pea and Ham
- Heirloom Carrot: toasted quinoa, roast cauliflower, peanut satay
- Shallot Tart: crozier blue, pecan, garden leaves
- Irish Beef Fillet: potatoes, caramelized onion, spinach, red wine jus
- Bantry Bay Salmon: pomme anna, asparagus, lemon butter sauce
- Warrenpoint Cod: peas, gnocchi, bacon, parmesan
- Duvillaun Beg Island Lamb: graint dauphinoise, broad beans, rosemary jus
- Beef Wellington: chateaux potatoes, creamed spinach, madeira sauce
- Havana Club Dark Rum Baba: roast pineapple, cardamom, yoghurt
- Chocolate Tart: caramel ice cream, toasted white chocolate mousse
- 6 Tier Trifle: honey, granola, gold ice cream
- Peach Melba: raspberry and vanilla
- Lemon Tart: seasonal sorbet, meringue
- Double Vanilla Creme Brûlée: shortbread biscuit
Lyons Road, 353-1-630-3500
Review Our Travel Checklist When Planning Your Next Adventure!
Find the best flights on Skyscanner
Never travel without insurance! We suggest World Nomads comprehensive coverage as it includes over 250 adventure activities such as scuba diving, bungee jumping and surfing.
If you’re planning a road trip make sure to compare the best local car rental options.
Looking to book a tour or VIP experience on holiday? Book the best local tours on Viator.
Be sure to check your travel destinations electrical plug requirements in advance. If you travel often be sure to purchase a multi-region adaptor.
Whether you’re marching through a city or exploring a rugged rural landscape, it’s important to ensure you’re traveling with comfortable footwear. We suggest these comfortable walking shoes for urban adventures or these waterproof hiking boots when embarking on a hike holiday.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.