Looking for the best Bali hotels and resorts?
We begin by sharing tips on the best places to stay in Bali. Once you’ve decided on what area of Bali you’d like to stay, review our helpful suggestions on when to visit the island.
Our Bali accommodation guide also features a detailed list of the best tours in Bali, which we suggest booking after you’ve confirmed the dates of your hotel and resort.
Our Bali hotel and resort guide is organized by the best places to stay in Bali: Kuta and Legian Beach, Seminyak beach resorts, hotels at Nusa Dua, accommodation at Jimbaran Bay, a 5 star luxury resort near Uluwatu Temple, beautiful Sanur Beach and the best hotels in Ubud.
Save this story to Pinterest!
Best Places & Areas To Stay in Bali
The majority of Bali’s hotels and resorts are within driving distance of the Denpasar Airport. The majority of the 3-4 million tourists who visit the paradise island each year arrive by plane. Visitors can also arrive by ferry from Lomboc and the Gili Islands to east or mainland Java after trekking Gunung Bromo to the west.
Bali’s best hotels and resorts are located on the island’s south coast, offering beach lovers and surfers the perfect romantic getaway. Bali’s best beach resorts can be found at Legian Beach in Kuta, Seminyak beach, Nusa Dua resorts, Sanur Beach and hotels perched over Jimbaran Bay.
If you’ve visiting Bali to party late into the night, the best live music venues and bars can be found in Kuta and Seminyak. The famous Potato Head Beach Club hosts some of the world’s most celebrated DJs and Seminyak is also the heart of Asia’s largest LGBT scene, featuring a street filled with fun gay bars and entertaining drag shows.
Ubud is the best area to stay in Bali if you’re looking to photograph the island’s scenic rice paddies and ancient Hindu temples. Ubud hotels and resorts are some of the most Instagram-worthy properties on the island, located in the heart of wild jungle landscapes. The rural town is also a popular destination for yoga practitioners. You’ll find lots of healthy vegan restaurants and cafes frequented by Ubud’s friendly hippy community.
If this is your first time booking Bali resorts, we suggest staying at 3 separate hotels so you can experience the islands highlights. Enjoy an enthusiastic nightlife and world-class dining scene while staying in Seminyak, followed by a relaxing 5 star Bali resort retreat in Nusa Dua or Sanur Beach. Finish your holiday in Ubud, Bali’s cultural heart, to purchase local arts and crafts, visit temples and enjoy a magical fire dance performance.
When To Visit Bali
Bali is a great year-round destination. April to October is the best time to visit Bali, when there is little rain, low humidity, and plenty of sun. The rainy season is from November to March but quick showers are often followed by sunny clear skies.
Surfing is possible year-round but the best months are from April to early October. If you want to save money the best months to enjoy Bali hotel and resort deals is in May, June, and October.
Best Bali Tours
Once you’ve booked your Bali hotels and resorts we suggest planning 2-3 private tours of the island. The best attractions in Bali are not found at your hotel’s pool so muster up the energy to leave your exotic cocktail at the beach to explore the best sights.
The traffic on Bali’s roads has become more and more congested as tourism has boomed. We do not suggest renting a car or moped in Bali as it’s stressful and dangerous. The cost of hiring a private driver to give you a tour of Bali is very affordable. Allowing you to relax in an air conditioned car or van while hopping around the island on a day tour.
Our favourite attractions and experiences in Bali include hiking Mount Batur, photographing volcanos, visiting coffee plantations that serve the island’s famous Kopi Luwak, temple visits, sunset cruises, snorkel and scuba diving trips and Uluwatu’s unforgerttable Kecak Dance.
- Sunrise in Bali: Mount Batur Hiking and Coffee Plantation Tour: Get an early-morning start for this pre-dawn trek up Mt Batur and view an unforgettable sunrise from atop the active Kintamani volcano.
- Bali Beach and Bar Hopping Tour by Custom 1980 VW Kombi Bus: Visit some of Bali’s top beaches and beach bars in a unique and memorable way on this small-group tour by vintage VW Kombi bus.
- Bali Monkey Forest, Mengwi Temple, and Tanah Lot Afternoon Tour: Explore the beautiful Balinese countryside in search of the monumental Royal Temple of Mengwi, a structure thronged with shrines, intricate carvings and protective moats.
- Bali Reef Cruise and Lembongan Island Day Trip: Drop anchor at a private pontoon and plunge into the crystal clear waters to enjoy an array of exhilarating activities; feel your adrenaline levels surge as you slide down waterslides and ride fast-paced banana boats; and discover the magnificent marine life below the surface while snorkelling.
- Bali Sunset Dinner Cruise: Sail over the shimmering seas surrounding Bali on an enchanting 3-hour sunset dinner cruise. Admire spectacular views of the Benoa coast and harbor as the setting sun casts an incandescent glow over the water.
- Uluwatu Sunset Kecak Dance & Jimbaran Seafood Dinner: Watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean and enjoy an alfresco seafood dinner on the beach during this Bali evening tour.
Best Bali Hotels & Resorts
Ask anyone on the island what the best Bali hotels and resorts are and you’ll get a different answer from everyone you ask.
Our Bali hotels and resorts guide focuses on showcasing 4 and 5 star accommodations for those planning a luxury holiday. We’ve included some of the best resorts in Bali by organizing each property into the region of the island they are located.
Looking for the best Bali beach hotel? Or top rated Bali family resorts? Maybe you want to splurge on a Bali hotel with private pool? Our Bali accommodation guide has you covered!
Bali Hotels & Resorts at Kuta and Legian Beach
The most developed area on the island, Kuta offers glitzy shopping malls and international restaurant chains, from McDonald’s to Jamie’s Italian. It’s more affordable than its swanky neighbour, Seminyak to the north and a haven for surfers who spend their days here riding waves off Legian Beach.
If you’ve lost your iPhone cord or need to replace a camera battery, you’ll be directed to the shopping malls in Kuta. The bustling streets that line Legian Beach offer the only real city vibe on the island. It’s also where backpackers on a budget will find cheap hostels and even cheaper late night dance clubs.
Jl. Raya Pantai Kuta, 62-361-3005888
Looking for the best Kuta accommodation? The Stones Hotel Legian is located in the heart of the bustling neighbourhood, a short walk from surfer-loving Kuta beach. Boasting exquisite design, luxurious suites and world-class amenities, The Stones Hotel is a Marriott Autograph Collection 4-Star Hotel in Bali.
The Bali resort’s jaw-dropping design feature is a dazzling vertical garden where verdant Walisongo, Talas and Pakis plants bath in sunshine. The Bali hotel’s garden sits perched over a lagoon-style pool and on hot afternoons it’s here where you’ll find guests relaxing in private cabanas or sun tanning on lounge chairs which sit in cool, shallow water.
CHECK DATES & RATES
The Stones Hotel’s luxuriously appointed 308 guest rooms and 22 suites are sleekly designed for the stylish traveller. Guest rooms include comfortable bedding, rainforest showers, in-room espresso machines, 42” LED screens and Bose iPod docking stations. Some suites even feature large tubs on outdoor patios so you can enjoy a bubble bath while watching the sunset over the beach.
The Stones Legian is ranked as one of the best Bali family resorts, thanks to its Jasper Kids Club. Open from 8am-7pm, The Stones Hotel Legian’s kids program is free of charge for those up to 10 years old. Kids can enjoy fun programming including mask making, face painting and crown decorations. Babysitting services are also available.
- The Stones Hotel Legian Restaurants: the Legian beach hotel offers 3 culinary concepts. Stones Kitchen serves popular buffet breakfasts, Big Fish Bar & Grill offers Indonesian favourites and Swim Up Pool Bar is where to be at cocktail hour.
- The Stones Hotel Legian Fitness: Gaia Gym is open 24 hours a day and offers state of the art fitness equipment.
- The Stones Hotel Legian Spa: the Kuta accommodation features Celestine Spa, offering wellness treatments and beauty services such as couples massage, body wraps and facials.
Jalan Pantai Kuta, 62-361-761869
Nestled against the shores of Kuta Beach, Hard Rock Bali sits on an impressive three-hectare property right in the heart of Bali’s entertainment and shopping district.
Offering Hard Rock’s signature of limitless energy, unparalleled creativity and quality service, Hard Rock Hotel Bali is a perfect place for couples and families to enjoy a Legian beach hotel holiday. Enjoy Indonesia’s island paradise, all the while soaking up a relaxed atmosphere that celebrates 40 years of rock and roll culture.
The Hard Rock Bali features 418 rooms and suites fit for a rock star. The Kuta accommodation’s room interiors are adorned with images, memorabilia and icons reflecting the revolution that changed the face of music, fashion and arts, celebrating artistes from the 50’s to late 90’s.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Hard Rock Bali recently underwent a $13 million room renovation that was completed in March, 2020. The room enhancements are considered major with a new contemporary room design concept that will include all new furniture with increased storage space and a complete overhaul of the bathrooms.
The Legian hotel’s room amenities include plush king sized bed, relaxing lounge, oversized bath and shower, mini bar, espresso machine, Bose Bluetooth Speaker and IPTV Entertainment System with free movies on demand.
Hard Rock Bali is one of the best Legian beach hotel’s for pool lovers. The Kuta accommodation offers guests the largest free-form swimming pool in Bali and 22 private poolside cabanas. An additional Chill Out Pool is available to guests staying in the Premium Wings at the Bali resort. A playful kids water park offers slides, waterfalls and splash bucket.
The Hard Rock is ranked as one of the best Bali family resorts, thanks to its Roxity Kids Club and Tabu Teens Club. Open from 9am-6pm, Hard Rock Bali’s kids program is the best on the island, offering kids and teens plenty of fun away from mom and dad. The popular Legian beach hotel also features a Kids Waterpark, rock climbing wall and Rock Your Stay music program. The Lullaby Playroom is open daily from 10am-5pm and caters to “rock stars in waiting”, 0-4 years old.
- Hard Rock Bali Restaurants: the Legian beach hotel offers several culinary concepts. Starz Diner serves the Bali resort’s daily breakfast buffet. Hard Rock Cafe offers a standard menu for the American brand featuring burgers and salads. Britain’s most famous chef also offers an Italian menu via Jamie Oliver Kitchen.
- Hard Rock Bali Entertainment: the hotel’s signature bar is Centrestage, Bali’s most popular live rock venue and museum. The million dollar audio visual system inspires guests to dance until the wee hours of the night. A nightly live band performance takes place at 8:30pm to midnight.
- Hard Rock Bali Fitness: Body Rock Gym is open 6am-10pm and features a fully equipped fitness centre with sauna, steam rooms and hot and cold plunge pools.
- Hard Rock Bali Spa: the Kuta accommodation is home to the Rock Spa, offering wellness treatments and beauty services such as couples massage, body wraps and facials.
Bali Hotels & Resorts at Seminyak Beach
Seminyak beach is the centre of life for hordes of Bali’s expats, many of which own boutiques, design clothes, surf, or do seemingly nothing at all. It may be immediately north of Kuta, but in many respects, not the least of which is its jaw-dropping sense of style, Seminyak feels almost like it’s on another island.
It’s a very dynamic place, home to scores of restaurants, clubs, gay bars and a wealth of creative designer shops and galleries. Book a stay at a Seminyak hotel or resort and you’ll find yourself in the trendiest neighbourhood in Bali.
Jl. Petitenget Kerobokan Seminyak, 62-361-3000106
Ranked as one of the best Seminyak Beach Resorts, W Retreat Bali is located in the centre of the island’s trendiest neighbourhood.
The W Retreat is popular with a younger luxury jet-set crowd with a penchant for live music looking for the best places to stay in Bali. Guests enjoy W Bali’s pop art adorned public spaces, stylish and modern suites, romantic restaurants, award-winning spa and world famous beach club.
CHECK DATES & RATES
The Seminyak beach beckons beyond W Bali’s signature sleek designs. The trendy 5 star design hotel in Bali features 229 rooms, suites and villas. Guest rooms feature the signature W bed with 350-thread-count linen and goose duvet. Custom-made furnishing. Bliss Spa sinkside six. Bathroom skylights in selected rooms and two separate bathtubs.
Inspired by Balinese rice fields and spanning over 1,790 sqm, W Bali’s take on the outdoor pool sets the stage for upbeat W happenings. Revel in the sunset, experience the hippest fashion and music events or simply go for an early morning dip. You’ll naturally want to kick back in the lush poolside area where lounge chairs with neck pillows, chic double daybeds and hand or foot massages await. For adventurous families on holiday, a 0.6-meter splash pool offers an endless array of water toys and floaters for kids.
- W Bali Restaurants: the trendy Seminyak hotel offers 5 culinary concepts. W Lounge is the spot to sip cocktails and afternoon tea. Fire and Starfish Bloo offer dining rooms for those looking for a romantic restaurant vibe on Seminyak beach.
- W Bali Entertainment: WooBar Bali is one of the best Seminyak Beach Clubs, offering seaside chairs and sun deck. Soak up the sun and witness the magical sunset paired with a cocktail and dance all night to the beats of world-class DJs. The kitchen serves playful Asian and Mediterranean dishes. Guests keen to record their first album can book a session with a pro producer at the Seminyak Bali resort’s W Sound Suite.
- W Bali Fitness: the 150 sqm fully equipped fitness centre features workout machines, LCD TV’s, yoga matts, free weights and group exercise classes.
- W Bali Spa: the swanky Seminyak accommodation is home to the Away Spa, offering wellness treatments and beauty services such as couples massage, body wraps and facials.
Jl. Petitenget No.51B Seminyak, 62-361-3029999
Located a stones throw from Seminyak’s trendy Potato Head Beach Club, Katamama is a jaw-dropping boutique hotel that overlooks the Indian Ocean.
Every facet of Katamama has been handpicked or handmade to reflect Indonesia’s artistic and cultural heritage. The authentic, handcrafted pieces that fill the Bali hotel’s spaces give it a distinctive look while also supporting the indigenous communities and craftspeople of Indonesia. A design lovers dream!
CHECK DATES & RATES
With only 57 suites, Katamama is intimate and serene. Each well appointed room is filled with curated artwork, handpicked furniture and cherished collectibles. All Katamama suites boast outdoor spaces, whether balconies, secluded gardens or individual pools.
If you’re looking to party all night at Potato Head Beach Club book a weekend getaway at Katamama as it’s conveniently located next door. Both the hotel and beach club are owned by the same hospitality company, so expect to find Bali’s best interior design, sexy vibes and most innovative cocktail bars and restaurants on Seminyak beach.
- Katamama Hotel Restaurants: the trendy Seminyak hotel offers 5 culinary concepts that are located within Katamama and Potato Head Beach Club. Kaum is Bali’s best Indonesian restaurant, showcasing tribal recipes from the archipelago’s 600 islands. Ijen “zero waste restaurant,” serves local seafood cooked over an open fire. Tanaman is an Indonesian plant-based concept, ranked the best vegan restaurant in Bali. Pizza Garden serves thin crust pies in a tropical palm decorated interior. Akademi is the hotel’s open-air root-to-flower cocktail bar.
- Katamama Hotel Entertainment: Potato Head Beach Club is the undisputed top beach club in Bali. The design lovers al fresco music club features 2 infinity pools, exclusive day beds, chic cocktail bars and some of Seminyak’s best restaurants. Bali’s trendy cultural hub plays home to film screenings, cultural conventions and world-famous DJs on its outdoor dance floors.
- Katamama Hotel Fitness: gym rats can enjoy the Seminyak resort’s free weights, classic cardio, yoga classes and beach workouts.
- Katamama Hotel Spa: the popular Seminyak accommodation is home to Nila Spa, offering wellness treatments and beauty services such massages, body wraps and facials.
Bali Hotels & Resorts at Nusa Dua Beach
Literally translating to “two islands,” Nusa Dua is named after the two peninsulas along Bali’s east coast. Years ago the area was a lush and rustic jungle; however today the government has created a complex designed to be an “all-inclusive” type tourist destination.
The complex known as the BTDC (Bali Tourism Development Centre) features a string of luxurious 5 star Bali resorts, up-market shopping complex, and award-winning 18-hole golf course.
Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua, 62-361-8478111
Ranked as the best luxury resort in Nusa Dua, St Regis Bali is popular with romantic couples and honeymooners who enjoy the hotel’s stylish suites, romantic restaurants and award-winning spa.
Generously spread across 9 hectares of tropical gardens, the beautifully appointed 123 Suites and Villas offer elegant residential style accommodation amongst contemporary Balinese décor. Complimentary bespoke 24-hour Butler Service creates a flawless holiday experience where personalized attention is the norm.
The luxury accommodations at St Regis Bali Resort are the only private villas in Nusa Dua with direct access to the beach. All of the resort villas are appointed with large work desks, exquisite marble bathrooms and floor-to-ceiling glass doors that slide open to private terraces.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Modern comforts include 55-inch, flat-screen, interactive LCD TVs, music sound systems, Bose iPod docking stations and complimentary WiFi. Select villas at our 5-star Bali resort feature ocean views and access to saltwater lagoons, perfect for a relaxing soak.
From the vast, spectacular, sweeping saltwater lagoon with its islands, sun deck and two Jacuzzis, to the inviting main pool, the St Regis Bali offers guests multiple options for pool fun, refreshing dips and peaceful lounging.
St Regis Bali’s exclusive location and its alluring beachfront is the perfect, private spot to relax on chic sun beds, frolic in the turquoise ocean or enjoy non-motorized water sports such as kayaking and windsurfing.
- St Regis Bali Restaurants: the 5 star Nusa Dua hotel offers 6 culinary concepts. Boneka serves St Regis Bali’s famous brunch buffet. Kayuputi is the scenic beachfront restaurant. King Cole Bar serves elegant afternoon tea and Bali’s best Bloody Mary cocktail. Dulang serves Nusa Dua’s best Indonesian Dutch Rijsttafel feast.
- St Regis Bali Fitness: gym rats can enjoy the 5 star Bali resort’s Fitness Club, open 24-hours a day. The state-of-the-art gym features workout machines, free weights and yoga studio. The club’s wellness program also includes meditation and yoga on the beach, Tai Chi and breathing exercises offered at the properties tranquil Amphitheater.
- St Regis Bali Spa: the popular Bali resort in Nusa Dua is home to Remède Spa, a tranquil sanctuary for travellers looking for rejuvenation and relaxation. Sitting on an intimate Koi pond, it combines traditional Balinese and holistic treatments with modern technologies, pampering guests with Aqua Vitale Pool’s thalassotherapy.
Centro comercial Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua, 62-361-771327
The Laguna Bali is located in the heart of Nusa Dua, providing an ideal setting where white sand, a tranquil collage of vivid tropical gardens and crystal, sparkling waters create a private paradise. Royal guards line the driveway and the resounding boom of a gong welcomes you into a stylish resort.
Emanating modern Balinese style, each of The Laguna Bali’s 287 guest rooms and suites, and ten villas features locally sourced, emblematic Palimanan stone walls, smooth teak floors, and hand-woven carpets.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Once settled, a fruit basket and mini bar offer simple delights, while marble-walled bathrooms invite relaxation with an oversized bathtub and shower. Luxurious bath amenities along with waffle-knit bathrobes and soft slippers, made from native Pandanus leaf, provide the ultimate indulgent touches. Spacious private balconies provide captivating views of either landscaped tropical gardens or enticing swimmable lagoons.
The Laguna Bali boasts a proud heritage of hosting the first bathing lagoon on the island. The picturesque Bali resort is built around a complex of seven beautifully landscaped lagoons and pools, offering 5,000 sqm of swimmable scenery featuring dramatic waterfalls, playful turtle froth fountains and relaxing jacuzzis.
- The Laguna Bali Restaurants: the 4 star Nusa Dua hotel offers 5 culinary concepts. Arwana is a beachfront seafood restaurant, Banyubiru serves the Bali resort’s daily buffet breakfast and Kulkul Bar is the hotel’s romantic cocktail bar.
- The Laguna Bali Fitness: gym rats can enjoy the 4 star Bali resort’s 81 sqm Fitness Centre, open 24-hours a day. The state-of-the-art gym offers free weights and CYBEX machines with personal TVs. Complimentary cold towels, water, and fresh fruit offer post-workout refreshment.
- The Laguna Bali Spa: the popular 4 star Bali resort in Nusa Dua is home to Lagoon Spa. We suggest enjoying a romantic couples massage in a breezy beachfront cabana. Within the Bali spa resort’s main building guests can also enjoy facials and body wraps.
Bali Hotels & Resorts at Jimbaran Bay
Located just south of Kuta and Legian, Jimbaran Bay is famous for its beach where each evening spectacular sunsets splash across the horizon. Jimbaran beach bustles at 6pm as tourists come here to feast at one of the cheap and cheerful seafood restaurants sourced by local fishermen.
Jimbaran Bay has a surprisingly unique combination of luxury resorts within an authentic local community. Stroll the neighbourhood and you’ll find local stores and a large fresh food market and open-air shopping village.
Jimbaran Bay is the closest neighbourhood to the Denpasar Airport. If you’re arriving on a flight that lands late at night, or departing Bali in the early morning, we suggest booking a Jimbaran hotel as it’s so convenient.
Uluwatu St No.1 Jimbaran, 62-361-704394
Meaning ‘precious time’ in ancient sanskrit, Jamahal in Bali’s beach-loving Jimbaran Bay is a haven for couples and families looking for private luxury.
Starting out its life as a private residence, Jamahal transformed into its current incarnation as an environmentally friendly boutique resort featuring just 13 elegant and luxurious villas.
Each villa artfully blends contemporary and traditional elements to create an ambiance of tasteful sophistication – think plush furnishings, opulent interiors and tropical gardens. Since the property limits itself to a maximum of 28 guests, you’re truly able to enjoy a genuinely personalized experience.
If you’re looking for the best Bali family resorts on a 5 star hotel budget, Jamahal’s Master Pool Villa offers the perfect answer. The 900 sqm private oasis features a private pool, lush garden, two elegant bedrooms, flower petal filled soak tub, rain shower, open air living room, fully equipped kitchen, plush lounge chairs and breezy cabana.
CHECK DATES & RATES
You’ll find no restaurant here. Instead, guests are perfectly pampered, ringing room service at any hour of the day to find fancy food served elegantly in the confines of their own Bali private villa paradise. At Jamahal Private Resort, eat breakfast on a cabana overlooking the pool if you’re in a lazy lounge mood, lunch in the living room while catching up on the news or enjoy a decadent Balinese feast in the late evening al fresco, staring up to watch the twinkle of the stars above.
Health and wellness fans be sure to wake up at the crack of dawn (you’ll beat the heat) and enjoy a wee workout at the resort’s boutique gym. In the afternoon skip over to Jamahal Private Resort’s intimate spa for a snooze-inducing traditional Balinese massage where you’ll find your skin lovingly slathered in organic Neneq aromatic oils.’
Guests can enjoy nearby Jimbaran Bay thanks to the Bali resort’s exclusive beach club. The Ibiza-style private club offers full service sunbeds, cool pool and daily shuttle transfers from the hotel.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- 15 Must Try Tastes in Bali
- Best Bali Bars for Cocktail Lovers
- Bali Honeymoon: Best Romantic Luxury Hotels
- Travel to Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
- A Road Trip To Bali’s Bukit Peninsula
- Gay Paradise Found in Bali’s Swanky Seminyak
- A Motorcycle Adventure in Search of Bali’s Mother Temple
- Paradise Found in Ubud, Bali’s Spiritual Heart
- Travel to Gunung Bromo, Indonesia
- Borobodur and Prambanan, Indonesia
- Travel to Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Jimbaran South Kuta, 62-361-701010
Designed as a traditional Balinese village, Four Seasons Jimbaran is a luxurious all-villa enclave which spreads across 35 acres of oceanfront in Bali.
Four Seasons Jimbaran offers luxury travelers an oceanfront spa, Jala Cooking Academy, Tropicsurf School, three outdoor pools, award-winning restaurants and family-friendly Kids Club.
Looking for a Bali hotel with private pool? Inspired by traditional Balinese architecture, Four Seasons Jimbaran’s villas are housed in a private stone-walled courtyard featuring separate thatched-roof pavilions. Each villa at the 5 star Bali resort offers spacious indoor and outdoor living areas, lush gardens, a private pool and their own sun terrace.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Four Season’s Jimbaran’s unique Ganesha Culture Centre is an interactive and experiential space dedicated to exhibitions and workshops in Balinese art, music and crafts. The centre’s primary purpose is to actively support local artists and give them a chance to exhibit their work to an international audience, and to preserve and celebrate Bali’s heritage as the only remaining Hindu civilization in Indonesia.
Four Seasons Jimbaran is ranked as one of the best Bali family resorts thanks to its Jimba Kids Club. Children 11 years and under can enjoy fun programming from 8am-9pm daily. Highlights from the program include crab hunting, coconut bowling and family surf lessons.
- Four Seasons Jimbaran Restaurants: the 5 star Jimbaran hotel offers 3 culinary concepts. Sundara is the resort’s beach club serving Asian-inspired dishes. Taman Wantilan is home to the Bali resort’s daily brunch buffet, complete with 9 live action cooking stations. Alu is a casual poolside cafe serving healthy dishes like Buddha bowls and poke.
- Four Seasons Jimbaran Fitness: fitness fans will love the luxury Bali resort’s state-of-the-art gym and wellness program. Guests particularly enjoy beachfront yoga classes via anti-gravity hammocks.
- Four Seasons Jimbaran Spa: the popular 5 star Bali resort at Jimbaran Bay is home to a luxurious spa. Local Balinese beauty treatments often combine yoga stretching and mediation practice. Guests can enjoy relaxing facials, romantic couples massage or revitalizing scrubs.
Bali Hotels & Resorts at Uluwatu Beach
Not only one of Bali’s most sacred places of worship, Uluwatu is also one of the most beautiful examples of classical Balinese architecture. Until the beginning of the 20th century, only the princes of Denpasar were allowed to worship here.
Today, Uluwatu has become the generic name for the southwestern tip of the Bukit Peninsula, which includes the much-revered temple and fabled namesake surf breaks. It’s also home to the most exclusive, over-the-top 5-star luxury resort in Bali.
Jl. Goa Lempeh Banjar Dinas Kangin Uluwatu, 62-361-8471000
Bulgari Bali opened its 58-villa property in September, 2006 and is located in one of the most exclusive destinations in the world. Ranked as the best 5 star hotel in Bali, the Bulgari Resort is located near Uluwatu Temple.
Bulgari Bali is popular with romantic couples and honeymooners, who come here to be pampered within their very own villas or over-the-top mansions with private pools.
The 5 star Bali hotel has been built and furnished using hand-cut volcanic stones, rich exotic woods and refined fabrics. Natural lava and palimanan stone are used for the garden and interior walls, refined bangkiray hardwood in the villas, natural green-colored sukabumi stone to clad outdoor showers, plunge and swimming pools.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Bulgari Bali is comprised of 58 villas with ocean views, 5 mansions offering 3 to 5-bedroom accommodations, and excessively opulent 1,300 sqmr Bulgari Villa. Around each guest room you’ll find a lush garden, private infinity pool and open-air living room with a view of the Indian Ocean.
Bathrooms are outfitted with chic black Terrazzo flooring, an oversized bathtub and two showers, one located inside, the other one in the garden. Lather yourself in luxury with a collection of BVLGARI’s finest bath products which will be sure to keep you feeling refined and fresh.
Fashion lovers will adore shopping at the resort’s Bulgari Boutique, the Italian luxury brands only retail store in Bali. Purchase a new perfume, jewellery, watches, silk shirts, or swim suits.
- Bulgari Bali Restaurants: the 5 star Bali resort offers 4 culinary concepts. Sangkar offers traditional Indonesian dishes while Il Ristorante offers Bali’s best fine dining Italian restaurant. Il Bar is the best place to enjoy Italian cocktails at sunset by the pool while La Spiaggia is accessed via a fun funicular ride to a private beach.
- Bulgari Bali Fitness: fitness fans will love the luxury Bali resort’s state-of-the-art gym and wellness program. Personal trainers design personalized programs for each guest.
- Bulgari Bali Spa: the popular 5 star Bali resort near Uluwatu is home to a luxurious spa. Six fully equipped treatment rooms and 2 royal pavilions with outdoor gardens, outdoor rain showers and plunge pools complete the layout.
Bali Hotels & Resorts at Sanur Beach
Bali’s longest-established resort, Sanur Beach is, at its heart is an old Balinese community. The coastal town is sleepy compared to the many other Bali beach resorts in destinations like Kuta or Seminyak.
The simple layout of Sanur’s streets and its tranquil atmosphere appeal to those seeking a relaxed vacation with the convenience of a beach resort but without the intrusiveness of Kuta and Seminyak’s hawkers and traffic.
We visited the best luxury Bali resort on Sanur Beach, but the destination is best known for its more affordable 3 and 4 star hotels.
Jl. Kusuma Sari No.8 Sanur Beach, 62-361-3011888
Fairmont Sanur is a 5 star all-suite-and-villa Bali beach resort set amidst four hectares of lush tropical gardens. Located perched over Sanur Beach, Bali’s Fairmont Resort features 120 luxurious suites and villas.
Fairmont Sanur’s lush tropical gardens include a full 200 metres of direct beach frontage giving the resort that breezy holiday atmosphere that can only come from being directly on the coast.
Each villa features custom-made furniture, handcrafted fixtures, carefully curated artwork as well as individual stone and wood pieces produced by local craftsmen. Locally sourced natural materials include indigenous stones, high-grade Indonesian marble, natural shells and native woods such as mahogany and bingkari.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Recreational facilities include a 50m infinity pool with eight beachfront cabanas along the island’s longest uninterrupted 5km beachfront walk, which curves past beachfront cafes and multi-hued wooden fishing boats.
Bali is truly a water sports paradise, so guests at Fairmont Sanur keen to get wet are spoiled for options: canoeing windsurfing, sailing, para-sailing, boat trips and eco-tours can all be organized at the friendly concierge desk.
Novice scuba divers also love exploring the warm and clear waters of Sanur Beach to swim among schools of exotic fish. If you’re an underwater expert be sure to sign up for a scuba cruise to explore the island’s east coast dive site highlights.
Fairmont Sanur is considered one of the best Bali family resorts thanks to its Kids Club. Families traveling with children will delight in the Bali resort’s activity-packed kids program, complete with a mini cinema and Sony PlayStation.
- Fairmont Sanur Restaurants: the 5 star Bali resort offers 2 culinary concepts. Layang Layang is where guests gather each morning for the Sanur Beach resort’s brunch buffet. During lunch and dinner the dining room serve dishes inspired by South East Asia. Pier Eight Bali is the resort’s beachside restaurant, offering a trendy club vibe with an exclusive cocktail menu. The Sanur hotel also offers afternoon tea and weekly Sunday lobster brunch.
- Fairmont Sanur Fitness: fitness fans will love the luxury Bali resort’s state-of-the-art gym and wellness program. The 88.5 sqm gym offers private group fitness studios and Technogym equipment.
- Fairmont Sanur Spa: the popular 5 star Bali beach resort is home to a luxurious spa. Fairmont Sanur Spa offers wellness treatments and beauty services such as couples massage, body wraps and facials.
Bali Hotels & Resorts in Ubud
Ubud has long been known as the “village of painters.” In the 1930s, the encouragement of the puri (royal family) attracted foreign artists and intellectuals seeking the “real Bali,” and so the village’s international reputation was born.
A peaceful hamlet until the 1980s, Ubud developed rapidly into a village of cultural tourism. Now it is a small town, packed with galleries, craft shops, restaurants, bars, and hotels. However, Ubud spends much of its prosperity on ritual ceremonies and conservation of traditional art forms.
After spending late nights dancing in Kuta and Seminyak, or lazing on a luxury Bali beach resort in Nusa Dua, Uluwatu or Sanur, a visit to Ubud offers an injection of culture, history and jungle into your holiday. Ubud’s landscape is full of yoga studios, hippy restaurants, scenic rice paddies and the island’s best Balinese theatre scene.
Br. Tanggayuda Kedewatan Kecamatan Ubud, 62-361-978123
Komaneka is an Indonesian luxury boutique resort brand offering 4 stylish properties in Ubud. Each of Komaneka’s Ubud Bali hotels are carefully created to fulfill travelers’ expectations of upscale luxury lifestyle, in a spacious suite or villa, surrounded by natural beauty.
Komaneka Ubud is a family-owned business, founded, designed, and run by a young local couple. It all began as a fine arts gallery, specializing in high-end Balinese and Indonesian art. Rooms were added as an artists’ residence. But it soon attracted visitors, and the founders decided to make Komaneka Ubud a hotel, today known as Komaneka Monkey Forest, named for its address on the famous shopping-and-eating street Monkey Forest Road. The Komaneka Fine Art Gallery remains one of the most important in Bali; and the hotel is still a tranquil oasis in shady gardens.
Komaneka Tanggayuda is the best boutique hotel in Ubud. Beautifully situated amidst five hectares of tropical forest at the edge of a neighbouring village, with views to a sacred volcano. Don’t fret about the Ubud resort’s remote location. Guests enjoy complimentary transfers into town, just a short 10 minute drive from the hustle and bustle of Ubud’s main street.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Looking to stay at an Ubud private pool villa? Most of the Ubud hotel’s rooms are pool villas, with complete privacy and luxurious interiors. The prestigious Bale Daja Residence is a two-story villa with large L-shaped pool and expansive living spaces.
Komaneka Tanggayuda’s Tirta Wangi Spa is set among tropical gardens and features a jacuzzi pool sheltered under a Balinese pavilion. The Ubud hotel’s spa villa offers relaxing beautiful treatments such as facials, Balinese massages and body scrubs.
Guests at all Komaneka Ubud resorts can enjoy Balinese cooking classes, Full Moon and New Moon dinners, Balinese Dance and Attire lessons, wood carving and rice paddy cycling and trekking tours.
Komaneka Ubud at Tanggayuda’s signature restaurant is Batukaru Kitchen. Guests can enjoy traditional Balinese cuisine in a romantic fine dining setting. The chefs signature dishes include Pepes Ikan (spiced fish grilled in banana leaf) and Iga Babi (grilled pork ribs in Balinese spices).
Komaneka Ubud is one of the best boutique hotels in Bali, allowing guests to have their meals delivered to their suites or villas at no extra charge.
Jl. Lanyahan Br. Nagi Kecamatan Ubud, 62-361-971777
The Viceroy Bali is a family owned and operated boutique hotel in Ubud consisting of 25 luxuriously appointed private pool villas. Ranked as one of the best hotels in Ubud, The Viceroy is majestically situated in Bali’s “Valley of the Kings” an appellation given by locals for the generations of royalty who have resided in nearby villages.
The 5 star Ubud Spa Resort features an exclusive infinity pool overlooking a spectacular jungle ravine below. The secluded haven for romantics is popular with honeymoon couples keen to relax in tranquil natural surroundings. Step inside your very own Ubud private pool villa and you’ll find a chic bedroom, luxurious living space, large marble bathrooms with rain showers and heated infinity pool.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Guests at the exclusive luxury boutique hotel in Ubud can enjoy Balinese cooking classes, rice paddy cycling and trekking tours, dance lessons, kite making classes and outdoor garden yoga.
Looking for Bali resorts with a helicopter pad? The Viceroy is one of the few 5 star Bali resorts featuring easy access via chopper. Guests can book helicopter tours of Kintamani Volcano, Bedugul Lake, Uluwatu Skyline Kuta Beach, Nusa Lembongan and the Gili Islands. The helicopter pad is conveniently located a stones throw from The Viceroy Bali’s front door.
- The Viceroy Bali Restaurants: the 5 star Bali resort offers 2 culinary concepts as well as an onsite greenhouse. Aperitif is a 1920s-inspired fine dining restaurant offering daily degustation menus. CasCades serves Indonesian and Western dishes and is considered one of the most romantic outdoor restaurants with a view in Ubud.
- The Viceroy Bali Spa: the popular 5 star Ubud spa resort is home to Lembah Bali Spa. Enjoy relaxing wellness treatments and beauty services such as romantic couples massage, body wraps and facials.
Review Our Travel Checklist When Planning Your Next Adventure!
Find the best flights on Skyscanner
Never travel without insurance! We suggest World Nomads comprehensive coverage as it includes over 250 adventure activities such as scuba diving, bungee jumping and surfing.
If you’re planning a road trip make sure to compare the best local car rental options.
Looking to book a tour or VIP experience on holiday? Book the best local tours on Viator.
Be sure to check your travel destinations electrical plug requirements in advance. If you travel often be sure to purchase a multi-region adaptor.
Whether you’re marching through a city or exploring a rugged rural landscape, it’s important to ensure you’re traveling with comfortable footwear. We suggest these comfortable walking shoes for urban adventures or these waterproof hiking boots when embarking on a hike holiday.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!