Looking to read a detailed Westin Phuket Resort review before booking your next trip to southern Thailand? You’ve come to the right place!
Nestled on soft powder sands, Westin Siray Bay Resort is a beautiful luxury hotel located on the paradise island of Phuket.
Sleek and sophisticated, this postcard-perfect resort sits perched over idyllic Siray Bay on the islands southeast coast.
I spent 4 nights in a luxurious pool villa at the resort. My Westin Phuket Hotel review features info on the resorts accommodation options, spa services, restaurant menus, and unique on-site amenities.
Book A Luxurious Holiday at Westin Phuket Resort
The Westin Resort is located on Phuket’s south east coast overlooking scenic Siray Bay.
Westin Siray Bay first opened its doors in August, 2010. The 5-star luxury resort is the perfect honeymoon retreat, boasting jaw-dropping panoramic ocean views.
The resort sits perched over pristine, white-sand beaches and is a convenient short 15 minute drive from the historic heart of Phuket Town.
Three-D Architects designed the resort with a focus on tropical style. Visit the lobby and you’ll find the Grand Ice Nagara, which is a glittering glass sculpture created in a Thai Kanok pattern. Inspired by the beauty of the Naga figure, it’s an elegant art form showcasing the movement of a serpent seeking light.
Guests at Westin Phuket Resort enjoy comfy sleeps in the Marriott hotel branded signature Heavenly Beds, a WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio, 3 outdoor swimming pools, Kids Club and Heavenly Spa by Westin.
The resort has over 250 accommodation options, available as rooms, suites, and villas. They sit perched over the beach, painted in a distinctive pink hue, which glows at sunset amongst the sway of breezy palm trees.
The sprawling resort boasts 3 swimming pools: Horizon Pool (main pool with a swim-up-bar), Prego Pool (beside the Italian restaurant) and Splash Pool (near the gym).
Guests also have easy access to the soft sand of Siray Bay, perfect for those looking for a romantic walk on the beach at sunset. At the beach you can simply enjoy relaxing on a lounge chair or get active with volleyball, windsurfing, stand up paddle boarding and kayaking.
Westin Resort’s healthy “keep fit and have fun” ethos allows fitness fans access to a 24 hour gym and regular running program. Guests can also book yoga and Muay Thai classes.
Treat yourself to a morning of R&R at Heavenly Spa by Westin. The resort’s on-site spa offers authentic Thai massage, unique body treatments and Heavenly bath with white tea aloe amenities.
The hotel’s 3 food and drink concepts offer a diversity of dining options to gastronomes looking for a memorable meal. From early morning breakfast buffets to authentic Italian dishes and locally inspired Thai cuisine served under the stars.
Westin Phuket Resort Review Highlights
Phuket is a tropical paradise island similar to Hawaii and Bali, offering an endless array of jaw-dropping accommodations. The island is a very popular destination for freshly married couples looking to book a romantic honeymoon package.
Before booking your trip here are a list of highlights that make Westin Siray Bay Resort in Phuket stand out from the rest.
- Westin Phuket is a 5-star resort which offers affordable luxury for those keen to experience that fancy pool villa life but don’t want to break the bank.
- The resort is located in a sleepy fishing village so it’s an ideal retreat for those looking to rest and relax. Phuket Town is a short 15 minute drive away by taxi, offering plenty of museums, cafes, restaurants and bars.
- Guests have an option of booking pool villas, suites or guest rooms so there’s an accommodation option for a variety of budgets.
- If you have mobility issues don’t fret. While the resort is spread out across a scenic hill there is an efficient golf cart system so you can easily call a buggy to pick you up and drive you back to your villa after dinner.
- The resort is ideal for couples but also accommodates families with children as they have plenty of fun activities as well as a kids club program.
- The service here is warm and friendly, from poolside servers to attentive spa therapists.
Westin Phuket Resort Accommodation
The most important question you have to ask yourself when reading a Westin Phuket review is, “what type of accommodation would I like to book for my holiday?”
All of the rooms, suites and villas at the resort feature contemporary, tropical design with stylish decor, plush bedding and sleek bathrooms. Guests can select a preferred pillow via the Sleep Well Menu and relax each night with Lavender Balm amenities.
Spacious Deluxe Rooms are 500 sq ft and can be booked with either a garden or lagoon view. Rooms are outfitted with a plush king sized bed, Nespresso maker, mini fridge and separate shower and bath.
If you’re looking to splurge we suggest booking a one bedroom villa. I stayed in an impressive oceanfront villa, which featured a private plunge pool as well as easy beachfront access.
Westin Phuket Resort Spa
If you’re looking to indulge in traditional Thai massage or beauty treatment spend a few hours relaxing at Heavenly Spa by Westin.
Westin’s colour palette is inspired by natural landscapes, with materials that are textural interpretations of landscape imagery. The colour sensibility is refined and tonal. A neutral base palette of white, cream and French gray is accented with sage green and watery blues.
The luxurious spa at Westin Phuket Resort features 7 well-appointed treatment rooms. Some of the rooms are outfitted with saunas and jacuzzi.
Skip up the stairs to the Westin Phuket Spa and you’ll find a welcoming lobby featuring a magical wooden sculpture with hidden glowing mushroom-like sculptures inside. As you walk to the relaxation lounge you’ll find lush greenery popping out of a pond to your right. A school of koi fish playfully splish and splash.
The resorts on-site spa offers a full suite of services, including ayurvedic treatments, facials, body scrubs, body wraps, therapy bath, and couples massages.
You May Also Enjoy Reading These Thai Stories…
- Things to Do When Beach Hopping in Thailand
- Phulay Bay Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Krabi
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui
- The Tongsai Bay Luxury Resort in Koh Samui
- W Koh Samui Luxury Resort in Thailand
- Amari Resort Koh Samui in Thailand
- Amari Vogue Krabi Luxury Resort in Thailand
- The Best Popular & Famous Spicy Thai Food Dishes
- 10 Must Try Tastes in Thailand
Westin Phuket Resort Restaurants
No Westin Phuket Resort review is complete until you’ve had an opportunity to wag your finger down each of the hotel’s marvelous menus.
The beachfront resort in Phuket offers guests 3 food and drink concepts, from spicy Thai dishes to wood-fired Italian thin crust pizzas. Each restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor patio dining.
Seasonal Tastes is where hotel guests gather each morning for brunch. The casual all-day restaurant is also open for lunch and dinner. On weekends it hosts a popular all-you-can-eat buffet.
At Seasonal tastes you’ll find Thai, Italian, Indian and other popular international dishes. The dining room boasts plenty of warm natural light thanks to floor to ceiling glass walls that overlook the Andaman Sea.
Live Kitchen within the Seasonal Tastes dining room allows guests to watch cooks as they masterfully prepare the meal of the moment. Comfortable sofa seating on the outdoor patio is our favourite place to to see sun set while sipping a sundowner cocktail.
Guests gather each morning at Seasonal Tastes for an epic all-you-can-eat brunch buffet. You’ll find endless a-la-minute cooking stations featuring bespoke noodle bowls, Indian roti and chai, donuts and pastries, freshly made pancakes, waffles and eggs benedict, salad bar and traditional Thai food like pineapple fried rice and spicy curries.
EEST is Westin Phuket Resort’s authentic Thai fine dining restaurant.
The dining room features an energetic live kitchen outfitted with three wok stations. EEST has floor to ceiling glass windows, and when weather allows, the restaurant can be transformed into an open-concept outdoor space.
The interior of EEST showcases elements of traditional Thai design like wood wall and antique lamp shades. The restaurant’s centerpiece is made of brass and represents fish swimming in the sea.
Highlights from the EEST menu include Som Tam Poo Nhim Green Papaya Salad with crispy soft shell crab, Gaeng Pu Bai Cha Plo Yellow Curry Crab, and Pla Jian Ta Krai crispy fried whole white snapper with lemongrass and tamarind.
Mix Lounge is located in the hotel’s inviting lobby. It is Westin Phuket Resort’s signature cocktail bar and a great spot to enjoy a drink before dinner.
The intimate cocktail bar offers 20 seats that overlook the sea with options for high chairs or comfy sofa seating.
Head Bartender Khun Bee loves to interact with guests and make cocktails like the signature Lin Chee, Ma Muang and Sap Pa Rod.
Prego By The Beach
Prego by the Beach has indoor, outdoor, by the pool and by the beach seating options. It’s the perfect place to feast on classic Italian dishes. The kitchen at Prego features a wood fired oven, which makes thin crust pizzas, best paired with a fine Italian wine.
Highlights from the Prego menu include Tagliere Misto Italian charcuterie & cheese platter, Linguine Al Nero di Seppia allo Scoglia homemade black ink linguine with Phuket lobster and Salmone Affumicato Pizza with home hickory wood smoked salmon.
Fun Things To Do In Phuket
It’s important to take a break from sunbathing on the beach to explore all that Phuket has to offer! Book a fun tour or authentic Thai experience to make your visit to Phuket unforgettable!
- Private Airport Transfer in Phuket: start your Phuket honeymoon with ease by booking a private airport transfer.
- James Bond Island Luxury Catamaran Tour: enjoy an 8 hour day trip to the famous James Bond Island including a buffet lunch, swimming, snorkeling and kayaking. Enjoy sunset during dinner on your return journey.
- Small-Group Jungle Hiking Excursion in Khao Phra Teaw Park: join a small group of active travelers on a 6 hour tour to hike the beautiful jungle at Khao Phra Teaw Park.
- Simon Cabaret Drag Show: is one of Thailand’s most famous drag show cabarets. Enjoy a musical spectacular featuring glamorous costumes and hilarious skits.
- Horse Riding On the Beach At Sunset: book a romantic hour-long horseback riding experience on the beach at sunset.
- Phuket Jet Ski Tour: cruise through turquoise waters on a jet ski on this island-hopping day tour from Phuket.
- Phuket City Tour: enjoy a 5 hour tour of Phuket featuring stops at top attractions like the Big Buddha statue, sacred Wat Chalong temple, a cashew nut factory, and Windmill Viewpoint.
- Phuket Elephant Sanctuary: enjoy an unforgettable encounter with elephants on this 3 hour tour. Located on 30 acres of lush, tropical land bordering the Khao Phra Thaeo National Park, this sanctuary focusses on compassionate and ethical elephant tourism.
- Phuket Old Town Food Tour: foodies will love this 4 hour food tour of Phuket Old Town. Taste authentic Burmese curries, Hokkien noodles, and locally grown tropical fruits.
- Thai Cooking Class: enjoy a 3 hour cooking class to learn traditional Thai cuisine techniques.
- Muay Thai Boxing at Patong Boxing Stadium: sports fans enjoy a 3 hour Muay Thai boxing match, one of the most popular sports in Thailand.
- ATV And Zipline Experience: enjoy an exhilarating 3 hours exploring lush jungle by ATV then fly through the treetops on a zipline.
21 Ratsada, 66-76-335-600
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.