Looking to read a detailed Renaissance Phuket Resort review before booking your next trip to Thailand? You’ve come to the right place!
Nestled on soft powder sands, Renaissance Phuket is a beautiful beach resort located on the paradise island of Phuket in Southern Thailand.
Boasting beautiful design lines, this postcard-perfect hotel sits perched over idyllic Mai Khao Beach, adjacent to nature-lovers Sirinath National Marine Park.
I spent 3 nights in a luxurious pool villa at the resort. My Renaissance Phuket Resort review features info on the award-winning hotels accommodation options, spa services, restaurants, and unique on-site amenities.
Book A Luxurious Holiday at Renaissance Phuket Resort
Renaissance Phuket Resort is located on Phuket’s north west coast on Mai Khao Beach.
Located a short 20 minute drive from Phuket International Airport, Renaissance Phuket offers guests a quiet vibe along a secluded stretch of white sandy beach.
The resort brings the story of the neighbourhood to life, connecting guests to the surrounding nature. One of its distinctive design elements include the hotel’s lobby and roofing of the villas, which is inspired by the shell shape of the Leatherback Turtle. Mai Khao is one of the few beaches in Phuket that continues to welcome nesting turtles each year.
Take a stroll from the lobby to the beach and you’ll enjoy skipping along meandering paths that pass tranquil waterfalls, lush tropical gardens and picturesque pools.
Renaissance Phuket Resort features 180 deluxe rooms, suites and luxury villas, perfect for a romantic honeymoon or relaxing retreat.
The resort boasts a refreshing all-ages outdoor pool overlooking the beach, seperate kids pool tucked into the jungle, 24 hour fitness centre, steam & sauna rooms, relaxing Thai-inspired spa, kids club, Thai boxing and yoga classes, free bike rental, beach volleyball, and water sport activities.
The hotel’s 4 food and drink concepts offer a diversity of dining options to gastronomes looking for a memorable meal. From early morning breakfast buffets to exquisite Thai cuisine served under the stars.
Renaissance Phuket Resort Review Highlights
Phuket is a tropical paradise island similar to Hawaii and Bali, offering an endless array of jaw-dropping accommodations. The island is a very popular destination for freshly married couples looking to book a romantic honeymoon package.
Before booking your trip here are a list of highlights that make Renaissance Resort in Phuket stand out from the rest.
- Renaissance Phuket Resort is one of the most luxurious 5 star hotels on the island. It’s location, a short 10 minute drive from the airport, makes it an ideal accommodation option when arriving after a long haul flight, or if you have an early morning flight the day you have to check out.
- The resort offers a variety of accommodation options, from more affordable guest rooms with balconies, to ultra luxe pool villas with oversized tubs and outdoor plunge pools.
- The resort is ideal for couples but also accommodates families with children as they have plenty of fun activities as well as a kids club program.
- The service here is top drawer, from poolside servers to attentive spa therapists, and restaurant menus that are best described as exquisite!
- The resort has one of my favourite swimming pools in Phuket. The main pool is located right beside the bar and overlooks the beach. Be sure to grab a cocktail and soak in the pool at sunset to enjoy a truly spectacular view!
Renaissance Phuket Resort Accommodation
The most important question you have to ask yourself when reading a Renaissance Phuket review is, “what type of accommodation would I like to book for my holiday.”
All of the rooms, suites and villas at the resort feature contemporary, tropical design with stylish decor, plush bedding and sleek bathrooms. Guests can enjoy a separate shower and soaker tub, along with a private balcony when staying at rooms and suites.
Spacious Deluxe Rooms are 500 sq ft and can be booked with either a garden or lagoon view. Rooms are outfitted with a plush king sized bed, coffee maker and mini fridge.
I spent 3 nights at the Renaissance Phuket Resort, lapping up all the luxury at one of the hotel’s gorgeous villas. The resorts villas are located in a cluster of buildings between the spa and beach.
Impressive oceanfront villas offers a private plunge pool as well as beachfront access. It’s the perfect splurge if you’re on a romantic holiday as you can cocoon yourself inside the villa for ultimate privacy.
My favourite villa feature was the bathroom, which features a jaw-dropping bathtub that you can literally swim laps around. Make a bubble bath for two an evening ritual for your plus one. Soothing and blissfully scented bath products are provided by TokyoMilk.
Renaissance Phuket Resort Spa
Renaissance Phuket Resort is home to Quan Spa, one of Marriott’s most exclusive spa brands. Quan is an experience that embraces one of nature’s purest restorative elements: spring water. The brand believes in the balance between the nurturing power of water and the natural world it nourishes, granting the opportunity for complete release and mindful growth. Its treatments provide a transformative experience that restores through the tranquility and purity of water.
Quan Spa at Renaissance Phuket is also known as a popular Instagrammable spot thanks to its eye-catching design and architecture. It was awarded the 2016 Creative Spa Design Award by the Thai Spa Association.
There is a circular koi pond in the center of the spa, surrounded by 8 luxurious treatments rooms, of which 3 are couple treatment rooms. Look above and you’ll find the circular pond is in an open-air space featuring lush greenery, offering breezy air, natural light, and serenity within the heart of Renaissance Phuket.
The resorts on-site spa offers a full suite of services, including a popular couple’s massage, facials, body scrubs and body wraps.
You May Also Enjoy Reading These Thai Stories…
- Things to Do When Beach Hopping in Thailand
- Phulay Bay Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Krabi
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui
- The Tongsai Bay Luxury Resort in Koh Samui
- W Koh Samui Luxury Resort in Thailand
- Amari Resort Koh Samui in Thailand
- Amari Vogue Krabi Luxury Resort in Thailand
- The Best Popular & Famous Spicy Thai Food Dishes
- 10 Must Try Tastes in Thailand
Renaissance Phuket Resort Restaurants
No Renaissance Phuket Resort review is complete until you’ve had an opportunity to wag your finger down each of the hotels marvelous menus.
The 5 star hotel in Phuket offers guests 4 food and drink concepts, from casual burgers and pizza on the beach to spicy Thai dishes enjoyed on an outdoor patio.
Thai food fans can also book a fun cooking class to learn how to make traditional dishes. Cooking classes are a great way to learn a new skill on holiday and impress friends and family at your next dinner party when you’re back home.
A friendly Thai chef will teach you how to make your favourite dishes and then you can enjoy the tastes of your hard labour over a delicious lunch.
The word locavore describes a person who is committed to eating food that is grown or produced within their local community or region. Loca Vore Restaurant at Renaissance Phuket delivers the same food concept as its name. The majority of the menu features ingredients sourced from local farms and food vendors in Southern Thailand.
Guests at the Renaissance Phuket start their day at Loca Vore as it is where the daily brunch buffet is served, from 7-11am. Choose to sit outside to enjoy views over the lagoon or tuck into breakfast indoors within the restaurants glittering dining room. Arrive early if you want a seat on the patio as it’s the prettiest place to wake up to the world. The deck sits perched over a lily pad pond and offers views of a nearby waterfall.
Don’t miss a chance to try Chef Seng Thananan Kitprayool’s signature Eggs Benedict with sea-grapes, pancakes with homemade caramel sauce, Kopi Cham – local Phuket style iced coffee mixed with Thai tea, and freshly squeezed tropical fruits juice. Or if you need something stronger to kick-start your day, head to the Breakfast Boozy station for a speciality cocktail that switches up each month.
The newly revamped Sand Box – Beachfront Bar & Eatery at Renaissance Phuket Resort is one of the most exclusive beachfront dining spots on the island. It features a modern tropical design, cool open concept kitchen, and a brand new Italian imported wood fired pizza oven.
Sand Box is conveniently located by the pool so once you’ve claimed your day bed or lounge chair friendly servers are happy to bring you cocktails and snacks throughout the afternoon. It’s the most popular spot at the resort to take in the sunset so arrive early to grab a drink and enjoy the kaleidoscope of colours that splash across the horizon.
Highlights from the menu at Sand Box menu include Sesame Tuna Summer Rolls, Sticky Barbecue Pork Ribs, Truffle & Gold Pizza, Lamb Ragu Pappardelle and massive Beef Burger.
Guests are invited to take part in Evenings at Renaissance, the Marriott hotel brand’s signature bar ritual, which takes place Wednesday to Saturday from 6 to 7pm. Take part in a complimentary local punch bowl crafting session lead by the resort’s house mixologist. It’s a great way to socialize and meet other guests at the resort.
Recognized in the 2022 Top 25 Restaurants in Phuket Award, Takieng Restaurant at Renaissance Phuket Resort serves classic Thai and Phuket’s favorite dishes with premium local ingredients. The restaurant overlooks the resort swimming pool and offers jaw-dropping sunset views of Mai Khao Beach and the ocean.
Takieng means lantern in Thai, referring to the local fishermen’s daily routine of taking the longtail boat with their fishing nets and lanterns to catch fish at night to avoid the heat from the day’s sun.
I enjoyed 2 dinners at Takieng during my stay and it was without a doubt one of the best Thai meals I had in Phuket. You’ll find plenty of unique hyper-local dishes on the menu like deep fried sand crab, which are indigenous to Mai Khao Beach.
The restaurant’s signature must-try dish is red curry featuring grape tomatoes and sweet lychee. The curry arrives in a bowl beside a tower of insanely addictive pieces of crispy deep fried roast duck. Sublime!
Doppio is fittingly located next to the resorts fitness centre.
The upscale cafe offers healthy international dishes made from fresh, organic ingredients. Enjoy a casual lunch or midday snack including colourful smoothie bowls, power salads, healthy wraps and crispy falafels. You’ll also find a selection of espresso coffee beverages and loose leaf teas.
Fun Things To Do In Phuket
It’s important to take a break from sunbathing on the beach to explore all that Phuket has to offer! Book a fun tour or authentic Thai experience to make your visit to Phuket unforgettable!
- Private Airport Transfer in Phuket: start your Phuket honeymoon with ease by booking a private airport transfer.
- James Bond Island Luxury Catamaran Tour: enjoy an 8 hour day trip to the famous James Bond Island including a buffet lunch, swimming, snorkeling and kayaking. Enjoy sunset during dinner on your return journey.
- Small-Group Jungle Hiking Excursion in Khao Phra Teaw Park: join a small group of active travelers on a 6 hour tour to hike the beautiful jungle at Khao Phra Teaw Park.
- Simon Cabaret Drag Show: is one of Thailand’s most famous drag show cabarets. Enjoy a musical spectacular featuring glamorous costumes and hilarious skits.
- Horse Riding On the Beach At Sunset: book a romantic hour-long horseback riding experience on the beach at sunset.
- Phuket Jet Ski Tour: cruise through turquoise waters on a jet ski on this island-hopping day tour from Phuket.
- Phuket City Tour: enjoy a 5 hour tour of Phuket featuring stops at top attractions like the Big Buddha statue, sacred Wat Chalong temple, a cashew nut factory, and Windmill Viewpoint.
- Phuket Elephant Sanctuary: enjoy an unforgettable encounter with elephants on this 3 hour tour. Located on 30 acres of lush, tropical land bordering the Khao Phra Thaeo National Park, this sanctuary focusses on compassionate and ethical elephant tourism.
- Phuket Old Town Food Tour: foodies will love this 4 hour food tour of Phuket Old Town. Taste authentic Burmese curries, Hokkien noodles, and locally grown tropical fruits.
- Thai Cooking Class: enjoy a 3 hour cooking class to learn traditional Thai cuisine techniques.
- Muay Thai Boxing at Patong Boxing Stadium: sports fans enjoy a 3 hour Muay Thai boxing match, one of the most popular sports in Thailand.
- ATV And Zipline Experience: enjoy an exhilarating 3 hours exploring lush jungle by ATV then fly through the treetops on a zipline.
555 Mai Khao, 66-76-363-999
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.