Looking to read a detailed Le Méridien Phuket Resort review before booking your next trip to southern Thailand? You’ve come to the right place!
Nestled on soft powder sands, Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort is a beautiful hotel located on the paradise island of Phuket in Southern Thailand.
This postcard-perfect resort sits perched over an idyllic private beach on the islands southwest coast.
I spent 3 nights exploring the historic Phuket hotel property. My Le Méridien Phuket Resort review features info on the award-winning hotels accommodation options, spa services, restaurants, and unique on-site amenities.
Book A Luxurious Holiday at Le Méridien Phuket
Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on Phuket’s southwest coast.
The resort offers guests exclusive private access to Karon Noi Beach, a 500 metre stretch of soft sand where you can swim in the Andaman Sea. Visit the beach for a game of beach volleyball or enjoy water sports like kayaking and windsurfing.
The hotel is an institution on the island of Phuket as it originally opened in 1987. The 40 acre and 470-room resort, combines both traditional and nautical themes, overlooking a secluded tropical bay.
The 5 star resort boasts 2 oversized swimming pools, a shaded kids pool, spa, fitness centre, tennis and squash courts, archery, driving range and 9-hole mini golf course located within lush tropical gardens.
The hotel’s 6 restaurant concepts offer a diversity of dining options to gastronomes looking for a memorable meal. From early morning breakfast buffets to authentic Japanese, fine dining Italian, and poolside Thai.
Le Méridien Phuket Resort Review Highlights
Phuket is a tropical paradise island similar to Hawaii and Bali, offering an endless array of jaw-dropping accommodations. The island is a very popular destination for freshly married couples looking to book a romantic honeymoon package.
Before booking your trip here are a list of highlights that make Le Meridien Resort in Phuket stand out from the rest.
- Le Meridien Phuket is a 5-star resort that offers affordable luxury for those who don’t want to break the bank on holiday.
- Since it was one of the first resort’s to open in Phuket, it is considered to have one of the best private beaches on the island.
- The resort is tucked away on a spacious property so it’s easy to rest and relax here. It’s a short 10 minute taxi ride to the hustle and bustle of Patong so you can easily enjoy a fun night out at flashy clubs and bars.
- Guests have the option of booking suites or guest rooms configured with one or two bedrooms so there’s an accommodation option for a variety of budgets.
- The resort is ideal for couples but also accommodates families with children as they have plenty of fun activities as well as a kids club program.
- The service here is warm and friendly, from poolside servers to attentive spa therapists.
Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort Accommodation
The most important question you have to ask yourself when reading a Le Méridien Phuket Resort review is, “what type of accommodation would I like to book for my holiday.”
Accomodations at Le Méridien Phuket feature locally inspired décor, teakwood furniture, Thai silk fabrics and modern artwork. The hotel’s 470 hotel rooms and suites feature warm earth tones and plush, all-white bedding.
All rooms feature private balconies that offer pretty views of the sea, beach, pools or tropical landscape.
Experience ultimate comfort in the hotel’s 1 or 2 bedroom suites, which include a kitchen, table and chairs and a spacious balcony overlooking the sea, complete with lounge chairs and umbrella.
The recently redesigned Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Deluxe Suites are furnished with a large wardrobe space and private balconies. These rooms are digital entertainment-ready with a 37″ LCD TV and purposely built wall-mounted media hub for laptops and media players.
Le Méridien Phuket Resort Spa
If you’re looking to indulge in traditional Thai massage and beauty treatments plan to spend a few hours relaxing at Le Spa.
The luxurious spa at Le Méridien Phuket features 10 treatment rooms that are decorated in local teakwood.
Le Spa offers an array of body, facial and massage treatments. Take advantage of a hot jacuzzi soak, honeymoon couple treatment, or book a convenient poolside and beachside service.
The resorts on-site spa offers a full suite of services, including ayurvedic treatments, facials, body scrubs, body wraps, and therapy bath.
You May Also Enjoy Reading These Thai Stories…
- Things to Do When Beach Hopping in Thailand
- Phulay Bay Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Krabi
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui
- The Tongsai Bay Luxury Resort in Koh Samui
- W Koh Samui Luxury Resort in Thailand
- Amari Resort Koh Samui in Thailand
- Amari Vogue Krabi Luxury Resort in Thailand
- The Best Popular & Famous Spicy Thai Food Dishes
- 10 Must Try Tastes in Thailand
Le Méridien Phuket Restaurants
No Le Méridien Phuket Resort review is complete until you’ve had an opportunity to wag your finger down each of the hotel’s marvelous menus.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Latest Recipe serves international cuisine with modern and creative twists on traditional recipes.
Tonson Restaurant & Bar
Tonson Restaurant and Bar overlooks the stunning blue waters of the pool at Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort. Enjoy international dining and hand-crafted cocktails with a view of pretty white umbrellas.
Enjoy a taste of Italy in Phuket at Le Méridien’s award-winning restaurant Portofino.
Serving authentic Italian dishes at the dinner hour, the resort’s upscale dining room offers a romantic setting featuring hand-painted murals and red velvet cushions.
Book a reservation in advance and enjoy endless bowls of pretty pasta.
Sit in the sunshine outdoors at La Fiamma, which serves made-to-order pizza for lunch and dinner overlooking the beach.
It’s the ideal place to take a break from sunbathing or swimming and nosh on a slice of wood-fired pizza.
Overlooking the ocean and secluded white-sand beach, Beach BBQ serves daily lunch and dinner specials. The speciality here is grilled meats, seafood and fresh salads in a casual outdoor setting just steps from the sea.
Ariake is the resort’s Japanese restaurant serving authentic, freshly prepared dishes at dinner.
Awarded Thailand Tatler’s Best Restaurants of 2017, Ariake overlooks the lagoon pool and features a teppanyaki table, sushi bar and two tatami rooms.
Fun Things To Do In Phuket
It’s important to take a break from sunbathing on the beach to explore all that Phuket has to offer! Book a fun tour or authentic Thai experience to make your visit to Phuket unforgettable!
- Private Airport Transfer in Phuket: start your romantic Phuket honeymoon with ease by booking a private airport transfer.
- James Bond Island Luxury Catamaran Tour: enjoy an 8 hour day trip to the famous James Bond Island including a buffet lunch, swimming, snorkeling and kayaking. Enjoy sunset during dinner on your return journey.
- Small-Group Jungle Hiking Excursion in Khao Phra Teaw Park: join a small group of active travelers on a 6 hour tour to hike the beautiful jungle at Khao Phra Teaw Park.
- Simon Cabaret Drag Show: is one of Thailand’s most famous drag show cabarets. Enjoy a musical spectacular featuring glamorous costumes and hilarious skits.
- Horse Riding On the Beach At Sunset: book a romantic hour-long horseback riding experience on the beach at sunset.
- Phuket Jet Ski Tour: cruise through turquoise waters on a jet ski on this island-hopping day tour from Phuket.
- Phuket City Tour: enjoy a 5 hour tour of Phuket featuring stops at top attractions like the Big Buddha statue, sacred Wat Chalong temple, a cashew nut factory, and Windmill Viewpoint.
- Phuket Elephant Sanctuary: enjoy an unforgettable encounter with elephants on this 3 hour tour. Located on 30 acres of lush, tropical land bordering the Khao Phra Thaeo National Park, this sanctuary focusses on compassionate and ethical elephant tourism.
- Phuket Old Town Food Tour: foodies will love this 4 hour food tour of Phuket Old Town. Taste authentic Burmese curries, Hokkien noodles, and locally grown tropical fruits.
- Thai Cooking Class: enjoy a 3 hour cooking class to learn traditional Thai cuisine techniques.
- Muay Thai Boxing at Patong Boxing Stadium: sports fans enjoy a 3 hour Muay Thai boxing match, one of the most popular sports in Thailand.
- ATV And Zipline Experience: enjoy an exhilarating 3 hours exploring lush jungle by ATV then fly through the treetops on a zipline.
29 Soi Karon Nui, 66-76-370-100
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.