Looking to read a detailed Amari Bangkok Hotel review before booking your next trip to Thailand? You’ve come to the right place!
This 5-star hotel in Pratunam, Ratchaprasong is conveniently located in the heart of one of Bangkok’s most popular shopping districts.
I spent 3 nights in a luxurious suite at the hotel. My Amari Bangkok review features info on the award-winning hotels accommodation options, wellness programs, pool, restaurants, bars and unique on-site amenities.
Book A Luxurious Holiday at Amari Bangkok Hotel
Amari Hotels & Resorts is a Thai accommodation brand with properties throughout Thailand and beyond, from scenic seaside locations to vibrant urban settings.
The Amari Watergate Bangkok Hotel first opened its doors in 1994 as an impressive 34 story tower. It was recently rebranded as Amari Bangkok in 2023.
The hotel is situated in the bustling heart of Bangkok’s Pratunam neighbourhood, offering guests an authentic city vibe. Nearby attractions within a 10-15 minute walk include the Erawan Shrine, CentralWorld, and Pratunam Market.
The popular luxury hotel in downtown Bangkok was recently renovated in 2022. The newly refreshed interior design offers a harmonious blend of contemporary elegance and Thai traditions.
Amari Bangkok is best known as a leading meetings, events and conference hotel, the perfect property to host a banquet or wedding ceremony.
Upon entering the hotel, guests are welcomed by a sleek triple volume atrium lobby awash with warm earth tones. At its heart, streams of light cascade from an impressive hanging sculpture composed of 847 pieces of individually handcrafted Murano glass. Titled ‘Water of Life’, this art installation is reminiscent of falling rain, a nod to the hotel’s location at the confluence of Bangkok’s most famous canal, symbolizing Thailand’s intricate relationship with water, both in daily life and festivities.
Amari Bangkok Hotel Activities
Amari Bangkok is located in a 34 story tower and features 564 rooms and suites, all with floor-to-ceiling windows allowing guests to take in jaw-dropping city views.
Guests staying in suites and on executive floors enjoy private access to Club Siraa, located on the 9th floor, which offers an elevated level of personalized services.
The hotel’s recreational facilities are located on the 8th floor and include a resort-style pool with landscaped terrace, Breeze Spa, and fitness centre with squash courts and group exercise classes.
Amari Bangkok Hotel features 4 distinct dining outlets, from all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet to romantic Italian restaurant.
Amari Bangkok Review Highlights
Bangkok is Southeast Asia’s most vibrant metropolis, a city that offers ancient temples and glimmering palaces contrasted with world class shopping malls and contemporary cuisine.
Much like New York City, Milan and Dubai, Bangkok is home to a plethora of luxury hotels, perfect for celebrating a honeymoon or gay holiday. Many of the world’s top luxury hotel brands have landmark properties in the Thai capital, eager to welcome you on your next splurge-worthy getaway.
Before booking your trip, here are a list of highlights that make the Amari Bangkok Hotel stand out from the rest:
- The hotel features a variety of luxury accommodations, from chic guest rooms to jaw-dropping suites.
- Guests staying in suites and on executive floors enjoy access to Club Siraa, featuring private check in and check out, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening cocktails and canapés.
- Guests staying in suites and on executive floors also enjoy complimentary in-room non-alcoholic mini bar (juice and soda) as well as a selection of snacks like macadamia nuts and chips.
- The hotel’s FIT Centre offers cardio machines and free weights as well as 2 squash courts and fun classes such as Thai boxing, aerobics and yoga. Relax after your work out at the sauna or steam room.
- Tan fans can keep cool on a hot day by relaxing at the 20 metre outdoor freeform salt water pool and bar. There’s also a small kids pool for families. The pool has a mix of seating options such as loungers, cabanas, bean bag chairs and a cute tipi for kids.
- Breeze Spa is Amari’s unfussy wellness brand, offering soothing signature treatments like massages, facials and body wraps.
- The hotel is ideal for couples but also accommodates families with children as they offer kid-friendly dining.
- The property features 4 unique culinary concepts, from casual all-day-dining to romantic Italian restaurant.
Amari Bangkok Hotel Accommodation
The most important question you have to ask yourself when reading a Amari Bangkok Hotel review is, “what type of accommodation would I like to book for my holiday.”
All of the rooms and suites at the Amari Bangkok feature floor to ceiling windows so you can gaze out at the hustle and bustle of Bangkok from morning to night.
Elegantly decorated in contemporary Thai design, the rooms and suites at Amari Bangkok Hotel offer all the in-room amenities you expect on an urban retreat.
Each suite at the hotel offers guests a luxurious setting equipped with a plush king bed. Individual climate control ensures personalized comfort, while a safety box provides peace of mind for valuables.
A distinctive touch is the complimentary welcome mini-bar stocked with non-alcoholic beverages and a selection of local snacks for guests to enjoy upon their arrival. A coffee and tea nook features quality TWG teas and sustainable espresso pods by Northern Thai coffee producer Doi Chaang.
Those seeking a productive stay will appreciate the dedicated workspace and separate living room. Bath products are a heavenly lemon verbena custom made for Amari Hotels.
If you’re splurging on a suite or room on an executive floor one of the best perks is access to the the exclusive Club Siraa, which features the following privileges:
- Exclusive Check In & Check Out
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- Afternoon Tea from 2-4pm
- All Day Refreshments
- Evening Canapés & Cocktails from 5-7pm
You May Also Enjoy Reading These Thai Travel Stories…
- Best Romantic Phuket Honeymoon Resorts & Hotels
- Popular Spicy Thai Food Dishes
- 10 Must Try Tastes in Thailand
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Review
- Phulay Bay Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Krabi Review
- Banyan Tree Phuket Resort Review
- InterContinental Phuket Resort Review
- Melia Phuket Mai Khao Resort Review
- 137 Pillars House Chiang Mai Hotel Review
If you’re looking to rest and relax after a busy day spent running around Bangkok book a soothing treatment at the hotel’s tranquil spa.
Breeze Spa is the hotel’s wellness oasis, a 250 sqm sun-soaked space offering 3 private treatment rooms and 3 romantic couples rooms.
Designed to be a complete sensory experience, the design concept at Breeze Spa is centred on creating a chosen mood. Coloured light therapy, temperature and scents can all be tailored to guests and specific treatments.
We suggest booking the Signature Mood Massage. Enhanced by chosen aromatherapy oils, herbal teas, musical selections, and even colours to deliver the mood guests want to feel when they leave. Through a mood analysis consultation on arrival therapists gauge how guests want to feel at the end of the treatment, whether that’s totally dreamy, serene, rejuvenated, invigorated, or energized.
Amari Bangkok Restaurants
No Amari Bangkok Hotel review is complete until you’ve had an opportunity to wag your finger down each of the hotel’s marvellous menus.
The luxury hotel in Bangkok offers guests 4 food & drink concepts, from casual all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet to a romantic Italian fine dining room.
During my visit in October, 2023 Amari Bangkok Hotel was undergoing an exciting renovation. Two new restaurant concepts are slated to open by 2024, Nila Indian Restaurant and Chom Sindh Thai Restaurant.
Amaya Food Gallery
Each morning guests at the Amari Bangkok gather at Amaya Food Gallery to indulge in an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet.
The hotel’s all-day-dining restaurant concept has Asian street food at its heart, offering a buffet featuring indoor hawker stalls and live cooking stations.
The impressive buffet offering features a maze of culinary stations. Western favourites like waffles, bacon, sausages, pancakes, yogurt and granola are best paired with frothy cappuccino and freshly pressed juices.
An array of delectable buffet stations include a salad bar, French pastries, a la minute eggs, dim sum, Japanese, Indian, Halal, noodle soup bar and Thai specialities like curries and fried noodles.
Prego is Amari’s contemporary take on Italian cuisine, featuring both an outdoor patio and air-conditioned dining area, snazzy bar and lounge, and a pizza station overlooking a wood-fired oven.
On a sunny day enjoy a fancy feast at Prego’s pretty al fresco terrace, or if it’s too hot and humid a table at the cool indoor dining room is the perfect perch to people watch while sipping an Aperol Spritz.
The Prego menu features Italian favourites like Burrata Salad, homemade pastas, crispy thin-crust pizzas, and the restaurant’s award-winning creamy cheesy risotto.
Evoking the sophistication of Milan’s Fashion Week, Bar Milano is all about style and a curated beverage program.
Amari Bangkok’s stylish cocktail bar sits perched over the hotel’s spacious lobby, across from the concierge desk and beside Prego.
From craft cocktails infused with Italian spirits to an extensive wine list, complemented with classic bar snacks, Bar Milano is the perfect place to unwind on a late night date.
Happy Hour runs from 7-9pm with live music performed every Friday. Must-try signature cocktails include Milanese Aperitivo, Popcorn Negroni, and Truffle Chocolate Old Fashioned.
Aqua Pool Bar
Aqua is the hotels sun-splashed pool bar, which is located on the 8th floor between the fitness centre and spa.
The lagoon-style pool meanders in front of Breeze Spa, stretching across the rooftop to the bar. Aqua features chic patio furniture, as well as poolside loungers and nearby cabanas. A tiny tipi sits in front of a shallow kids pool.
Sip cocktails, protein smoothies, or booster juice while enjoying a midday poolside snack featuring healthy salads, sandwiches, burgers, pizzas, pastas, spicy Indian dishes and Thai favourites.
The daily Happy Hour runs from 2-4pm.
Le Petit Chef
Amari Bangkok’s newest restaurant concept is the dazzling Le Petit Chef, which offers guests a theatrical multi-sensory experience.
Brace yourself for a 3D finger-licking-good experience that comes to life on your plate and across the table. It’s definitely worthy of the moniker “tasty entertainment for the whole family.”
The 4-course menu at Le Petit Chef Bangkok features Burrata Pesto Tomato Salad, Ravioli with Mushroom Parmesan Cream Sauce, Beef Tenderloin with Tom Yum Bearnaise and Mont Blanc Sponge Cake with Chestnut Cream.
Fun Things To Do In Bangkok
While it’s easy to relax in the lap of luxury at your luxurious hotel pool or spa we suggest booking fun tours to experience all that Bangkok has to offer!
No trip to Bangkok is complete until you’ve visited the Grand Palace and many of the city’s golden glimmering temples. Many local tour operators offer fun tours for those who want to experience the city by tuk tuk, bicycle, riverboat or on foot.
Book one of these private or group tours to enjoy an authentic Thai experience that is sure to make your Bangkok getaway unforgettable.
- Private Bangkok Airport Transfer: arrive to Bangkok with ease by booking a private airport transfer in advance.
- Private 8 Hour “Best Of Bangkok In A Day”: first time visitors to Bangkok will love this full day private city tour featuring all of the city’s top attractions.
- Bangkok Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour: enjoy sightseeing in the Thai capital at your own pace with a hop-on hop-off bus pass good on the Elephant GoGo Double Decker Bus. With 15 stops, you can explore many of the city’s top attractions.
- Calypso Ladyboy Cabaret Show: enjoy a night of dazzling entertainment at one of Bangkok’s most famous Ladyboy shows.
- Bangkok At Night: Temples, Markets and Food By Tuk-Tuk: on this 4 hour tour enjoy the magical of Bangkok at night via tuk tuk. Stops include temples, flower market, street food snacks and dinner at a local restaurant.
- Bangkok Walking Food Tour: join a fun small group walking tour to explore Bangkok’s famous street food scene. Sample dishes like pork with sticky rice and papaya salad.
- Manohra Luxury Dinner River Cruise: hop on a classy dinner cruise on a restored antique rice barge. Admire views of Bangkok’s twinkling skyline while enjoying a 4-course meal.
- Bangkok Jungle Bike Tour: fitness fans will love this 4 hour bike tour exploring Bangkok’s most beautiful natural spaces. Includes a delicious Thai lunch.
- Half Day Tour Royal Grand Palace & Bangkok Temples: this 5 hour private tour visits Bangkok’s most famous attractions: Grand Palace, Wat Pho, and Wat Traimit
- Food Market Tour + Thai Cooking Class: master the basics of Thai cuisine on this tasty tour, featuring a guided market visit followed by a cooking class with a professional chef in Bangkok.
- Muay Thai Show at Rajadamnern Stadium: sports enthusiasts shouldn’t leave Thailand without watching a Muay Thai Thai Kickboxing match.
- Railway Market, Floating Market & Salt Farm Tour: this popular 7 hour tour takes out outside of Bangkok to visit the famous Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and Railway Market. Includes a boat ride.
- Full Day Ayutthaya Historical Park Small Group Tour: this 9 hour day group tour visits the UNESCO Ayutthaya Historical Park located north of Bangkok.
- Pattaya and Coral Island Tour: this 13 hour group tour visits Pattaya and nearby Coral Island where you can swim and snorkel.
- River Kwai Full Day Tour: this 11 hour group tour includes a visit to the infamous bridge on the River Kwai, built by Allied prisoners of war (POW) during World War II. It includes a visit to a war cemetery, Japanese POW camp and buffet lunch.
847 Phetchaburi Rd, 66-2-653-9000
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.