Looking to book a romantic luxury getaway at Amari Phuket Resort in Thailand?
Ranked as the best luxury resort in Phuket, the Amari Resort is located on a beautiful private paradise beach.
The Amari Phuket is popular with romantic couples and honeymooners who enjoy the hotel’s stylish suites and romantic spa.
The property is also a favourite for families on holiday who are keen to explore Southern Thailand’s outdoor water activities and jungle adventures.
Save this story to Pinterest so you can look at it later!
Thai Beach Holiday in Phuket
Thailand’s largest island, Phuket has been a prosperous region since the nineteenth century, when Chinese merchants got in on its tin-mining and sea-borne trade, before turning to the rubber industry. It remains the wealthiest province in Thailand, with the highest per-capita income, but mints the money these days in tourism, with an influx of visitors that top 5 million.
The busiest and most popular of all Phuket’s beaches, Patong immediately feels overdeveloped and hard to recommend. A congestion of high-rise hotels, tour agents and souvenir shops disfigures the beachfront road, tireless and tiresome touts are everywhere, and hostess bars and strip joints dominate the seedy nightlife.
Local Phuket Tours
- Phi Phi Snorkeling Day Trip by Speedboat: Experience the world-famous Phi Phi Islands and nearby sights during this full-day trip from Phuket.
- Phi Phi Sunrise by Simba Sea Trips: On this tour, take a small speedboat to see the well-known sites and secluded spots where you can take in the islands’ natural beauty.
- Phuket Best Half Day City Tour: Visit fascinating view points around Phuket, observe Siam architecture, experience the culture and try Phuketian local food.
- A Morning with the Elephants at Phuket Elephant Sanctuary: Phuket Elephant Sanctuary is the first and only ethical elephant sanctuary in Phuket where elephants roam around, bathe and socialize freely across 30 acres of lush, tropical land.
Amari Phuket Resort
Fret not! If you’re keen to holiday in Patong and want to keep an arms length from the chaos, Amari Phuket has everything you need.
The friendly Thai luxury hotel occupies its own secluded beachfront on a headland at the southernmost end of the bay. The contrasting calm and lushness of the resort becomes apparent as guests make their way along the driveway, passing trees standing tall along the hillside all the way to the open-air lobby.
The dramatic chandelier handcrafted from locally sourced rattan is inspired by birds’ nest, paying homage to the fact that Phuket island is a prime stopover point for migratory birds.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Amari Phuket Accommodation
The 5 star hotel in Phuket offers 380 guest rooms and suites.
Guests can choose from modern and comfy Superior and Deluxe Wing rooms and suites, or experience the upscale Ocean Wing.
SUPERIOR AND DELUXE WING
- Amari Phuket Superior Rooms: these 33 sqm rooms sleep up to 3 guests. The entry level accommodation for the popular Patong resort features a private balcony, 37-inch LCD TV and free WiFi.
- Amari Phuket Deluxe Rooms: these 45 sqm rooms up to 3 guests. These more spacious suites feature a 40-inch LCD TV.
- Amari Phuket Junior Suite: these 70 sqm rooms sleep up to 3 guests. Guests enjoy a separate bedroom and living room.
CHECK DATES & RATES
- Amari Phuket 1 Bedroom Suite: these 39-44 sqm rooms sleep up to 2 guests and feature a fully equipped kitchenette, 2 LED TV’s and living area.
- Amari Phuket 1 Bedroom Suite Club: these 60 sqm rooms sleep up to 2 guests and feature a fully equipped kitchenette, 2 LED TV’s and living area. These rooms include access to the Clubhouse.
- Amari Phuket 2 Bedroom Suite: these 78-88 sqm rooms sleep up to 4 guests and feature a fully equipped kitchenette, 2 LED TV’s and living area.
- Amari Phuket 2 Bedroom Suite Club: these 78-88 sqm rooms sleep up to 4 guests and feature a fully equipped kitchenette, 2 LED TV’s and living area. These rooms include access to the Clubhouse.
Amari Phuket Clubhouse
For an elevated perspective, book yourself into the resorts new all-suite Ocean Wing, a cluster of villas which sit perched over the beach.
Comprising 183 units, divided into one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites with extra space, including kitchens and dining areas, the Ocean Wing at Amari Phuket is one of the most luxurious accommodation options in Patong. Amari Phuket’s spacious Ocean Wing suites feature comfy King, rain shower and private balcony where you can enjoy jaw-dropping views of the ocean below.
CHECK DATES & RATES
The Ocean Wing is also home to the hotel’s exclusive Clubhouse, where guests can enjoy awe-inspiring views of Patong Bay. Designed to offer enhanced privacy and enjoyment, the Clubhouse features an infinity pool, sun deck, and its own fitness centre.
Feeling peckish? The Clubhouse Lounge serves brunch each morning, complimentary tea/coffee and snacks throughout the day and at sunset complimentary cocktails and pre-dinner canapés are served to sun-kissed tan fans.
Pool, Beach and Pier
Enjoy a stroll through the palm tree adorned resort and you’ll find plenty of opportunities to soak up the sun.
Red umbrellas offer shade around two cool pools while those keen to splash in the sea can find easy access to a private beach.
After a 5 minute walk through verdant jungle you’ll reach the end of the resort’s property, marked by a pretty pier.
Guests gather here to slurp on a cold beer while enjoying a unique view of three beaches: Patong, Kalim and Tri Trang.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Finding Nemo fans take a plunge at the end of the jetty, strap on a snorkel mask and explore a colourful coral reef which plays home to a diverse underwater world.
Amari Phuket also offers scuba diving tours for those looking to deep dive into Thailand’s famous underwater world. The resort works with local operator See Bees, who have been taking scuba divers to Phuket’s best coral reef dive sites for over 15 years.
Amari Phuket Spa
Amari Phuket’s Breeze Spa is ideal for a day of uninterrupted relaxation. Guests can choose from a range of treatments which are conducted in open-air pagodas or “salas” dotted across the hillside.
Highlights from the spa menu include traditional Thai massage and aromatherapy oil massages, body polishes and wraps, facials, water treatments and classic beauty therapies. There are also a number of packages which combine treatments for a full day of head-to-toe relaxation.
CHECK DATES & RATES
The Deluxe Sala is perfect for a couple looking to share in restful and relaxing romance, featuring an outdoor shower, wet area, sun terrace, steam room and outdoor Jacuzzi.
The spa’s signature 150 minute treatment is the Phuket Coco Mojito Package, perfect for sun-drenched skin which requires a bit of nourishing. The ritual starts with a mask treatment infused with coconut and mint and finishes with a facial treatment to counteract the drying effects of the tropical climate and promote skin recovery.
Amari Phuket Restaurants
The 5 star resort on Phuket’s popular Patong beach offers some of the best restaurants in town.
With comfortable daybed seating, breathtaking panoramic views of the bay and an extensive list of beers and cocktails, Samutr Bar is the perfect spot to sip and swirl.
Located just a stones throw from the hotel’s lobby, Samutr Bar’s mixologists shake, muddle and blend local Thai flavours into thirst quenching tipples. Highlights include creamy coconut and rum muddled Pina Colada, lemongrass scented mojito and passionfruit topped margarita.
Rim Talay Restaurant
Amari Phuket’s most popular restaurant is Rim Talay, a casual yet elegant space which sits perched over Patong Bay.
The place gets packed in the morning during the daily brunch buffet rush but my favourite moment to enjoy a meal here is in the late afternoon.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Grab a spot in the shade after tanning your morning away and run your finger through the restaurant’s classic Thai entrees. Highlights include crunchy spring rolls, prawn topped Pad Thai, juicy Papaya Salad and slurp meets spicy Khao Soi.
La Gritta Restaurant
For couples looking to enjoy a romantic meal under the twinkle of stars and full moon Amari Phuket’s La Gritta is the best bet.
Chef Patrizia Battolu serves up authentic Italian dishes on an al fresco patio which sits perched over the beach.
Enjoy the sound of crashing waves while sipping fine wine and nibbling through a parade of plates featuring classic Caprese and creamy Spaghetti Carbonara.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Things to Do When Beach Hopping in Thailand
- 10 Must Try Tastes in Thailand
- Living in Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Living on Khao San Road in Bangkok
- Travel to Chang Mai
- Travel to Sukothai
- Travel to Ko Phi Phi
- JW Marriott Phuket Luxury Resort in Thailand
- Amari Resort Koh Samui in Thailand
- W Koh Samui Luxury Resort in Thailand
- The Tongsai Bay Luxury Resort in Koh Samui
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui
- Beach Vacation in Krabi
- Phulay Bay Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Krabi
- Amari Vogue Krabi Luxury Resort in Thailand
Review Our Travel Checklist When Planning Your Next Adventure!
Find the best flights on Skyscanner
Never travel without insurance! We suggest World Nomads comprehensive coverage as it includes over 250 adventure activities such as scuba diving, bungee jumping and surfing.
If you’re planning a road trip make sure to compare the best local car rental options.
Looking to book a tour or VIP experience on holiday? Book the best local tours on Viator.
Be sure to check your travel destinations electrical plug requirements in advance. If you travel often be sure to purchase a multi-region adaptor.
Whether you’re marching through a city or exploring a rugged rural landscape, it’s important to ensure you’re traveling with comfortable footwear. We suggest these comfortable walking shoes for urban adventures or these waterproof hiking boots when embarking on a hike holiday.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation or tour through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.