Looking for the best Liquore Strega Saffron Gin Cocktail recipe?
Our quick & easy Saffron Cocktail recipe is a refreshing drink predominantly flavoured with an Italian saffron liqueur.
The yellow coloured cocktail featuresLiquore Strega, gin, Prosecco sparkling wine, orange bitters, simple syrup, and is garnished with a lemon twist.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is Liquore Strega?
Liquore Strega, also known asStrega Liqueur or Strega Liquor, is an herbal Italian liqueur with a unique flavour and distinctive bright yellow colour.
It’s a digestif (or amaro) made from a secret recipe that includes over 70 botanicals, most notably saffron, mint, and juniper berries.
Liquore Strega has been produced in the town of Benevento, Italy since 1890.
Strega is the Italian word for “witch.” The name is appropriate because the town of Benevento has long been considered the City of Witches. Regional folklore indicates that it was a gathering place for the witches of the world. Throughout the southern Italian town, one can find many Strega products, even including candy made with the herbaceous yellow liqueur.
Liquore Strega is often compared to Yellow Chartreuse in both appearance and taste. The two liqueurs have the same golden colour and are comparable in price. Both liqueurs include a secret blend of botanicals.
The herbal flavour ofLiquore Strega is softer and slightly sweeter, though there is a distinct element of mint that is not found in Chartreuse. In many cocktail recipes, the liqueurs can be used interchangeably.
Best Saffron Cocktail Recipe
Saffron is a spice derived from the flower of Crocus Sativus, commonly known as the “saffron crocus”.
The vivid crimson stigma and styles, called threads, are collected and dried for use mainly as a seasoning and colouring agent in food. Saffron has long been the world’s costliest spice by weight so is associated with luxury and special celebrations.
Saffron cultivation is believed to have originated in Iran. The special spice has a sweet, floral taste to it. It’s earthy and has a complex nuanced flavour that is used in many Middle Eastern recipes.
Our favourite way to make a Saffron Cocktail is by incorporating Italy’sLiquore Strega, which features a strong flavouring of the exotic spice.
Our Saffron Gin Cocktail is an eye-pleasing yellow, featuring a muddling of Strega Liqueur, gin, simple syrup, Prosecco sparkling wine, and orange bitters.
Travel to Taste the World’s Best Gins
There’s no better way to familiarize yourself with the best Saffron Gin Cocktail recipe then by planning a vacation to visit the world’s best gin distilleries.
The world’s most famous gins can be found in the United Kingdom as well as neighbouring Ireland. The booming gin trend has produced a high demand for premium gins produced by distilleries in Canada and America.
We’ve visited a handful of gin distilleries in Britain as well as a chic gin cocktail bar at the Shangri-La Hotel in Taipei. The gin craze has officially travelled from England to North America, Asia and beyond!
In Scotland we visited Edinburgh Gin for a tour and tasting before enjoying a road trip to the Isle of Islay, which is best known for its famous Islay whisky distilleries. One of the best things to do on the Isle of Islay is pay a visit to Bruichladdich Distillery, which produces its signature whisky as well as Botanist Gin.
In Brighton we visited a tiny micro-distillery called Brighton Gin, one of the best things to do in Brighton for G&T fans. We also stayed at the luxurious Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire to sip our way through the jaw-dropping home of renowned Bombay Sapphire.
By combining two yellow coloured spirits like Italy’sLiquore Strega and Canada’s Ungava, it’s easy to serve an eye-catching golden hued drink at cocktail hour.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swankyLiquore Strega Saffron Cocktail soiree you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartender’s best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Liquore Strega Saffron Gin Cocktail Ingredients
Our Saffron Gin Cocktail is made with premium ingredients.
- Liquore Strega: a yellow coloured Italian liqueur flavoured with over 70 botanicals including saffron and mint.
- Ungava Gin: a yellow coloured Canadian gin.
- Prosecco: add refreshing bubbles to your saffron cocktail by adding a few glugs of Italian sparkling wine such as Martini.
- Orange Bitters: adds a nice citrus note to the drink.
- Simple Syrup: you can easily make homemade simple syrup, which is prepared by heating equal parts water and white sugar.
- Lemon Twist: garnish the glass with an elegant lemon twist.
Join Dobbernationloves founder Andrew Dobson in the kitchen by signing up for a fun virtual cooking class! Classes begin with a cocktail that you can sip while preparing 2-3 recipes that are curated around a unique culinary theme. Check out our current Cooking Class Schedule!
Liquore Strega Saffron Cocktail Recipe Tips
This Saffron Cocktail recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 10 minutes.
We love serving our Sparkling Liquore Strega Cocktail on hot summer days and at Italian dinner parties featuring some of our favourite dishes like Ndunderi Amalfi Lemon Ricotta Gnocchi, Sartu Di Riso Italian Baked Risotto, Maccheroni al Ferretto Pasta with Beef Ragu, Gorgonzola Risotto al Radicchio, Corzetti Pasta, Burrata Bruschetta Crostini, Culurgiones and Involtini di Pollo.
If you find the cocktail to be too tart feel free to add more simple syrup. You can also lighten up the drink if it’s too boozy by adding a splash of soda water.
Our refreshingLiquore Strega muddled Saffron Gin Cocktail recipe serves one person. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug.
Serve the eye-catching yellow drink in an ice-filled Collins glass garnished with a lemon twist.
You May Also Enjoy These Gin Cocktail Recipes…
- Clarified Gin and Milk Punch Cocktail
- Italian Prosecco and Gin Cocktail
- Raspberry Gin Fizz Chambord Cocktail
- Sour Lemon Blueberry Gin Cocktail
- Eastside Cocktail
- Mango Gin Collins Cocktail
- Lavender Gin Cocktail Lemonade Fizz
- Healthy Gin Cucumber Juice Cilantro Cocktail
- Malfy Grapefruit Gin & Rosemary Cocktail
- St Germain Elderflower Gin and Tonic
- Elderflower Collins Cocktail
- Classic Gin John Collins
- Moscow Mule with Gin Cocktail
- Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Cocktail
- Aperol Gin Cocktail
- Pomegranate Gin Fizz Cocktail
- Gin and Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- Healthy Cucumber Gin and Tonic Cocktail
- Best Recipes For Pretty Pink Gin Cocktails
- Best Gin Mixers For Easy Homemade Cocktail Drinks
How To Make The BestLiquore Strega Saffron Gin Cocktail Recipe
Yellow Strega Liqueur Saffron Gin Cocktail
- Collins Glass
- Shot Glass
- Cocktail spoon
- 1 oz Gin
- 3/4 oz Strega
- 1/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 2 dashes Orange Bitters
- 4 oz Sparkling Wine
- Lemon Twist
- Combine the gin, Strega, simple syrup, and bitters in mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice and top off with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with lemon twist.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!