Looking to read a detailed InterContinental Phuket Resort review before booking your next trip to southern Thailand? You’ve come to the right place!
Nestled on the soft powder sands of Kamala Beach, InterContinental Phuket is a jaw-dropping 5 star resort on the paradise island of Phuket.
Sleek and sophisticated, this postcard-perfect Thai beachside hideaway is hugged by jungle covered hills and offers majestic views overlooking the Andaman Sea.
I spent 3 nights in a luxurious suite at the resort. My InterContinental Phuket Resort review features info on the award-winning luxury hotels accommodation options, spa services, Michelin restaurants, and on-site amenities.
Book A Luxurious Holiday at InterContinental Phuket Resort
InterContinental Phuket Resort is located on Phuket’s west coast on Kamala Beach. The area is known as Phuket’s Millionaire’s Mile, where you’ll find the island’s best luxury hotels and villas.
Located a short 30 minute drive from Phuket International Airport and north of the razzle dazzle night life of Patong Beach, Kamala Beach offers a quiet vibe along a secluded stretch of white sand and warm turquoise waters.
The InterContinental Hotel in Phuket is one of the island’s most luxurious resorts. The property features 221 rooms and villas, perfect for a romantic Phuket honeymoon or relaxing retreat.
The hotel became a platform to retell the Traibhumikatha, the oldest Thai text, which sets out an explanation of heaven. Thai artists have re-interpreted the Traibhumikatha through painting and sculpture from many perspectives. The theme of heaven was selected for architectural interpretation, allowing guests to feel as though they are transported to paradise.
Intercontinental Phuket Resort Activities
The luxury resort in Phuket boasts 6 pools, including Beach Pool, Club Pool, Infinity Pool, Lagoon Pool, Serene Pool and the Planet Trekker Pool for kids.
The Club InterContinental Lounge & Pool, located within the beachfront area, provides panoramic sunset views of Kamala Beach. Access is exclusive to Club InterContinental guests, a perfect place to rejuvenate with complimentary dining and drinks.
Sati Spa is the hotel’s mecca for wellness enthusiasts. You’ll find a world-class gym and spa menu featuring traditional Thai massages, relaxing facials, body wraps and soothing baths.
The hotel’s 5 restaurants offer a diversity of dining options to gastronomes looking for a memorable meal.
InterContinental Phuket Hotel Review Highlights
Phuket is a tropical paradise island similar to Hawaii and Bali, offering an endless array of jaw-dropping accommodations. The island is a very popular destination for freshly married couples looking to book a romantic honeymoon package.
Before booking your trip, here are a list of highlights that make the InterContinental Resort in Phuket stand out from the rest.
- InterContinental Phuket is one of the most luxurious 5 star resorts on the island. The resort straddles a road and features an underground tunnel where guests can walk or be whisked away by golf carts to access all of the properties amenities.
- The resort features a variety of luxury accomodations, from chic guest rooms to suites and jaw-dropping pool villas.
- The resort is ideal for couples but also accommodates families with children as they have plenty of fun activities as well as a kids club program.
- The service is top drawer, from pool and beachside servers to attentive spa therapists, and restaurant menus that are best described as exquisite!
InterContinental Phuket Resort Accommodation
The most important question you have to ask yourself when reading a InterContinental Phuket Resort review is, “what type of accommodation would I like to book for my holiday.”
All of the rooms, suites and villas at the InterContinental Phuket feature an elegant blend of rich and earthy tones. You can select luxurious accommodations that offer ocean, pool mountain or garden views. Wonderful views to wake up to!
CHECK EXPEDIA RATES + TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS
Elegantly decorated in contemporary Thai design, Classic Rooms feature an opulent bathroom and premium amenities. Bathe in natural light via floor to ceiling windows or relax on a spacious balcony overlooking the pool, ocean or mountains.
If you’re looking to splurge we suggest booking one of the Lagoon or Pool Villas. The impressive Lagoon Villas give you access to swim directly from your bedroom into the hotels refreshing lagoon.
Tucked away on a private hillside, InterContinental Phuket’s Pool Villas are available as 1, 2 or 3 bedroom configurations. They’re a perfect option for large families traveling to Phuket. You’ll find an exquisitely decorated living area featuring a private 50-sqm pool and beautifully manicured garden. You’ll also be assigned a Club Butler who acts as a personal assistant and local guide during your stay.
Club InterContinental Phuket
If you’re splurging on a suite stay or luxurious villa holiday one of the best perks is access to Club InterContinental Phuket.
A celebration of exclusivity and style, Club InterContinental Lounge & Pool makes every stay at InterContinental Phuket Resort truly extravagant. Guests can elevate their experience with luxurious indoor and outdoor spaces by the beach, personalised service, tailored dining options and a host of exclusive benefits.
- Butler Service: helpful Club Butlers help you get the most from your stay at the resort as well as offering concierge-style services to visit the top attractions on the island.
- Complimentary Breakfast: enjoy ordering from an a la carte brunch menu each morning in the Club Lounge.
- Sunset Evening Cocktail Hour: after spending each day at the pool we set our alarms to ensure we arrived at the Club InterContinental Lounge right at 5pm to enjoy 2 hours of complimentary cocktails, wine, beer and daily selection of canapes and buffet. The amount of free food and drink served here between 5-7pm each day is plenty for dinner. It saves you having to pay for dinner each night.
- VIP In-Room Amenities: complimentary soft drinks, premium teas and coffee. Complimentary 2 pieces of pressing service per stay.
InterContinental Phuket Resort Spa
Sati Spa is the home of rest and relaxation at InterContinental Phuket Resort. It’s located within the Sawan (Heavenly) Pavillion, a beautiful white temple in the heart of the resort.
Book a holistic spa or wellness journey of relaxation and rejuvenation with result-driven, treatments inspired by ancient wisdom of Asian health and wellbeing rituals.
Guests looking for a restorative wellness-focussed holiday can enjoy outdoor yoga, mindfulness practices, multi-sensory fitness experiences, and “delivered to your door” in-villa service.
The resort’s state-of-the-art fitness centre is a daily ritual for health conscious guests. The hotel gym features all the trappings of a world-class fitness studio. You’ll find free weights, selection of workout machines as well as classes that focus on yoga, pilates, and traditional Muay Thai Boxing.
Highlights from the Sati Spa menu include Sati Khit Pillow Massage, Thai Hot Herbal Compress, Hot Stone Massage, Hot Candle Oil Massage, Anne Semonin Facial Treatments, Siamese Jasmine Skin Purifying Body Exfoliation, and selection of unique soothing baths.
Romantic couples should request one of the Duet Suites which are outfitted with a Jacuzzi.
You May Also Enjoy Reading These Thai Stories…
- Things to Do When Beach Hopping in Thailand
- Phulay Bay Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Krabi
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui
- The Tongsai Bay Luxury Resort in Koh Samui
- W Koh Samui Luxury Resort in Thailand
- Amari Resort Koh Samui in Thailand
- Amari Vogue Krabi Luxury Resort in Thailand
- The Best Popular & Famous Spicy Thai Food Dishes
- 10 Must Try Tastes in Thailand
InterContinental Phuket Resort Restaurants
No InterContinental Phuket Resort review is complete until you’ve had an opportunity to wag your finger down each of the hotel’s marvelous menus.
The luxury hotel in Phuket offers guests 5 restaurants, from casual beach vibes to authentic Thai dishes in a romantic fine dining room featured in the Michelin Guide.
CHECK EXPEDIA RATES + TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS
Book dinner at Jaras Restaurant if you’re keen on sampling farm to table dishes from the island of Phuket. Local recipes and cooking styles are reimagined by creative chefs to offer a truly innovative dining experience.
The 2022 Michelin Guide featured restaurant sits amongst pine trees overlooking Kamala Beach. Jaras restaurant’s unique dining concept integrates flavours of the locale with the long-standing European tradition of enjoying a welcome pre-dinner drink and canapés.
Skip inside Jaras Restaurant and you’ll find an interior inspired by ancient societies of the Li Thai era with intricate details that make you feel like you’ve been transported into a Tribhum Buddhist Novel. Tucked in the corner of the restaurant is a wall of glass jars featuring the culinary teams fermentation projets.
The Jaras tasting menu is designed to take guests on a gastronomic journey, carefully crafted by the Chef de Cuisine Chalermwut Srivolalkul, who takes inspiration from ancient tales and traditional cooking techniques.
From the freshest lobsters at Sarasin Farm in Phuket, goat from nearby Bang Tao Farm, and organic chickens and free-range eggs from Tan Khun Farm in Nakhon Pathom, to fragrant hom dok hung rice from Sakhon Nakhon province, organic palm sugar from a village in Songkhla, and bor hua haad salt from Bueng Kan province, Chef Nui and his culinary experts have connected supply chains from Thailand’s best producers. Jaras also works with local farms, expert in terroir, growing fresh organic vegetables.
If a casual meal is more your thing Pinto Restaurant offers a sharing-style menu perfect for groups or families.
Drawing inspiration from Old Town Phuket’s vibrant shophouse history, Pinto is the hotel’s marketplace-inspired dining venue. From lavish brunch buffets to freshly prepared lunches and dinners, Pinto offers dining throughout the day.
International breakfasts are complemented with local touches. Lunch and dinner menus are brought to life by the freshest seafood, quality meats, and vegetables and herbs grown in a nearby garden.
Open kitchens, teppan grill and table-side preparations ensure an abundance of culinary theatrics, while specially prepared sharing menus celebrate the rustic warmth of the traditional Thai dining experience.
Pine Beach Bar
This luxurious beach front lounge offers stunning sunset views overlooking Kamala Beach.
Pine Beach Bar is most famous for its Sunday Brunch, served weekly between noon and 3pm. Dubbed “Sunday Seafood Brunch,” enjoy an impressive midday feast featuring fresh seafood platters, gourmet dishes, free-flowing local craft beer, wine and bubbly. The vibe sparkles thanks to funky beats played by the hotel’s resident DJ.
After the sun sets Pine Beach Bar transforms into Kamala Beach’s most chic nightlife venue. Kick back on a comfy sofa as cool beats, salty sea breezes and craft cocktails carry you late into the night.
Couples looking to enjoy a romantic mid-afternoon treat should plan to enjoy High Tea in Devas’ Lounge. From its sumptuous décor to its lavish ambience, Devas’ Lounge serves Phuket’s best afternoon tea.
Nibble on colourful culinary delights, all expertly baked and sculpted into exquisite morsels presented in an elegant bird cage. Pair your pretty pastries with Thai wild-grown tea or cold-brew coffee sustainably sourced from the mountainside foothills of northern Thailand, or get extravagant by sipping a flute of chilled champagne.
Afternoon Tea is served at Devas’ Lounge daily from noon-5pm.
Tengoku offers delicious Japanese cuisine inspired by ancient techniques and presentation of Osaka’s cooking masters.
Delight in watching the preparation of Teppanyaki in an open kitchen. Soak up the skilled Teppanyaki chef’s focus of perfection and immerse in the tantalizing aromas, and the energy of our cooks whilst they grill and fry your tasting menu choices right before your eyes.
Fans of Japanese cuisine can pair their dinner with an extensive selection of sake.
333 At The Beach
This stand-alone beachfront grill offers a laid-back lounge vibe. The funky gathering space is the perfect place to enjoy an al fresco meal.
Enjoy a unique day at the beach at a sea-to-table serving creative plant-based cuisine. The best of local island produce and fresh vegetables and herbs sourced from the hotel’s own farm power the seasonal vegan menu. Delicious freshly squeezed juices and fermented drinks made in-house underline that healthy is never boring.
The Raw Bar boasts fresh local oysters, caviar from Hua Hin, and ceviches of freshly caught fish. On the open-fire charcoal grill are Thai Wagyu, Kurobuta pork, Phuket lobsters, and Andaman shrimps.
Fun Things To Do In Phuket
It’s important to take a break from sunbathing on the beach to explore all that Phuket has to offer! Book a fun tour or authentic Thai experience to make your visit to Phuket unforgettable!
- Private Airport Transfer in Phuket: start your Phuket honeymoon with ease by booking a private airport transfer.
- James Bond Island Luxury Catamaran Tour: enjoy an 8 hour day trip to the famous James Bond Island including a buffet lunch, swimming, snorkeling and kayaking. Enjoy sunset during dinner on your return journey.
- Small-Group Jungle Hiking Excursion in Khao Phra Teaw Park: join a small group of active travelers on a 6 hour tour to hike the beautiful jungle at Khao Phra Teaw Park.
- Simon Cabaret Drag Show: is one of Thailand’s most famous drag show cabarets. Enjoy a musical spectacular featuring glamorous costumes and hilarious skits.
- Horse Riding On the Beach At Sunset: book a romantic hour-long horseback riding experience on the beach at sunset.
- Phuket Jet Ski Tour: cruise through turquoise waters on a jet ski on this island-hopping day tour from Phuket.
- Phuket City Tour: enjoy a 5 hour tour of Phuket featuring stops at top attractions like the Big Buddha statue, sacred Wat Chalong temple, a cashew nut factory, and Windmill Viewpoint.
- Phuket Elephant Sanctuary: enjoy an unforgettable encounter with elephants on this 3 hour tour. Located on 30 acres of lush, tropical land bordering the Khao Phra Thaeo National Park, this sanctuary focusses on compassionate and ethical elephant tourism.
- Phuket Old Town Food Tour: foodies will love this 4 hour food tour of Phuket Old Town. Taste authentic Burmese curries, Hokkien noodles, and locally grown tropical fruits.
- Thai Cooking Class: enjoy a 3 hour cooking class to learn traditional Thai cuisine techniques.
- Muay Thai Boxing at Patong Boxing Stadium: sports fans enjoy a 3 hour Muay Thai boxing match, one of the most popular sports in Thailand.
- ATV And Zipline Experience: enjoy an exhilarating 3 hours exploring lush jungle by ATV then fly through the treetops on a zipline.
InterContinental Phuket Resort Contact
333, 333/3 Moo 3, 66-76-629-999
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.