Looking to read a detailed Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong MGallery Resort review before booking your next trip to southern Thailand? You’ve come to the right place!
A true Thai hideaway, Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong MGallery is a jaw-dropping luxury hotel on the paradise island of Phuket.
The postcard-perfect resort is inspired by traditional Thai villages, blending seamlessly into a hillside forest and cascades down through lush landscaped gardens.
I spent 4 nights at the chic MGallery Boutique Hotel. My Avista Hideaway Phuket review features info on the resorts accommodation options, spa services, restaurant menus, and unique on-site amenities.
Book A Luxurious Holiday at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong MGallery
Avista Hideaway Phuket is a member of the MGallery Hotel Collection.
The legendary boutique hotel brand by Accor thoughtfully selects and curates unique properties around the world, forming a storied collection of art and design-centred hotels. With more than 100 properties across 30 destinations, each MGallery property tells a unique story. From bespoke design and sensorial mixology to well-being dedicated to everyday self-care, MGallery hotels are places where guests can enjoy an exquisite travel experience.
Avista Hideaway Phuket by MGallery is located on the southwest coast of Phuket, a short drive from action packed Patong Beach. The hotel is just 700m from the clear cerulean waters of Freedom Beach, a short jungle hike away.
The resort’s main entrance is shaped like a door to a traditional Thai Buddhist temple. Passage through this entranceway marks one’s arrival into ‘the sanctuary’, a world unto itself.
The arrival courtyard’s prime feature —its glittering, contemporary Thai-style sun sculpture — hints at the sun’s centrality to life on the island. A decorative pool surrounds it, while the sand-coloured bricks of the courtyard walls evoke the country’s ancient heritage in Sukhothai, Lopburi and Ayutthaya.
A traditional Thai water blessing ritual is offered to every guest upon arrival within the entrance courtyard. The space transforms into a dance floor each evening when guests enjoy a daily spectacle of traditional Thai fire dance.
As with rural village life, water flows through the heart of the resort, where evocative water features and idyllic pools create a sanctuary perfect for a romantic honeymoon.
Avista Hideaway Phuket near Patong features 150 rooms, suites and villas, which offer contemporary living space, drawing inspiration from traditional Thai design and forest-inspired colour tones.
The popular Phuket resort boasts 3 pools all of which offer swim-up pool bars: main infinity pool, immaculate marble riverside pool, and adults-only black pool located further up the lush hillside.
Aqua Spa is the hotel’s mecca for wellness enthusiasts. The spa features 8 treatment rooms and 2 outdoor traditional Thai cabanas. You’ll find a boutique gym and spa menu featuring traditional Thai massages and Ayurvedic treatments.
The hotel’s restaurants offer idyllic settings to feast on spicy Thai dishes, sizzling steaks and craft cocktails.
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong MGallery Resort Review Highlights
Phuket is a tropical paradise island similar to Hawaii and Bali, offering an endless array of jaw-dropping accommodations. The island is a very popular destination for freshly married couples looking to book a romantic honeymoon package.
Before booking your trip here are a list of highlights that make Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong MGallery stand out from the rest.
- Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong MGallery is a design-forward luxury boutique hotel. It features private villas as well as well-appointed suites that feature convenient pool access or spacious balconies.
- The resort is located in the mountains so does not have direct beach access but does have plenty of pools for those who want to cool off and swim.
- The hotel is located a short walk from scenic Freedom Beach so a great location for those who like to hike and swim in the ocean.
- The property is relaxing and quiet, but conveniently located a short 10 minute taxi ride from the excitement of the bars and nightclubs in Patong. You can enjoy the best of both worlds!
- The resort is ideal for couples but also accommodates families with children as they have a kids club program.
- The service here is top drawer, from poolside servers to attentive spa therapists.
- In 2023 the resort will launch two new culinary concepts, a romantic steakhouse and exotic Indian restaurant. Both will offer beautiful views at sunset overlooking the ocean.
Avista Hideaway Phuket Accommodation
The most important question you have to ask yourself when reading an Avista Hideaway Phuket review is, “what type of accommodation would I like to book for my holiday?”
All of the rooms, suites and villas at Avista Hideaway Phuket Resort feature colour tones that evoke a sense of a Thai hillside or riverside. Some accommodations feature pool and garden access, plunge pool or whirlpool. All suites and villas have plunge pool or whirlpool baths.
Locally-inspired Welcome Amenities include seasonal Thai exotic fruits; assorted macaroons with the flavours of Thailand, such as matcha green tea, Thai tea and mango sticky rice; sustainably sourced local organic Phuket Pineapple cookies; assorted Thai desserts made from fresh local ingredients such as coconut, agar gar, pandan leaf and yellow beans; matcha cheesecake; black rice with coconut jelly.
CHECK EXPEDIA RATES + TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS
Elegantly decorated in contemporary Thai design, Avista Hideaway Phuket’s selection of suites feature moody interior lighting, relaxing rain showers and calming soaker tub.
Some suites include your own private terrace outfitted with an oversized jacuzzi that allow you and your special someone to soak in bliss while enjoying the jaw-dropping views of the surrounding tropical rainforest.
Suite guests get automatic access to Rendez Vue, where they receive fresh fruit, soft drinks, coffee and tea from noon to 10pm. Social hour takes place here daily between 5:30 and 7pm and features cocktails, house wine, local beers and Thai canapes.
If you’re looking to splurge on a romantic holiday we suggest booking the Sawan Hideaway Plunge Pool Villa. It’s the crown jewel of Avista Hideaway Phuket.
The luxurious villa features an expansive 145 square meters of unrivaled extravagance. Enjoy a private pool, four-poster king size bed, oversized sun loungers, lavish sitting areas, an outdoor rain shower, an outdoor tub or a magical meal at the outdoor dining table.
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong MGallery Spa
Aqua Spa is the home of rest and relaxation at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong MGallery.
The sound of flowing water in the nearby springs and tropical rainforests is the most mystical source of tranquility. The spa’s two outdoor cabanas float on a rooftop pond with the waters cascading over the sides into tranquil waterfalls.
The resort’s oasis of calm is where guests gather to enjoy traditional Thai massage, which is the speciality here. Wag your finger down the Aqua Spa menu and you’ll also find Ayurvedic treatments and classic spa experiences like facials, body wraps and scrubs.
The Phuket hotel spa features 8 treatment rooms, 6 are indoors indoors while 2 can be found outside via breezy al fresco cabanas.
I suggest booking the couples suite for an unforgettably romantic experience. The experience begins with a eucalyptus steam room meditation followed by a bubble bath in a massive soaker tub. Once dried off your massage therapist will slide open the door and begin the treatment with an exfoliating foot bath. Traditional Thai massage is my favourite body therapy as it incorporates pressure points as well as stretching.
You May Also Enjoy Reading These Thai Stories…
- Things to Do When Beach Hopping in Thailand
- Phulay Bay Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Krabi
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui
- The Tongsai Bay Luxury Resort in Koh Samui
- W Koh Samui Luxury Resort in Thailand
- Amari Resort Koh Samui in Thailand
- Amari Vogue Krabi Luxury Resort in Thailand
- The Best Popular & Famous Spicy Thai Food Dishes
- 10 Must Try Tastes in Thailand
Avista Hideaway Phuket Restaurants
No Avista Hideaway Phuket Resort review is complete until you’ve had an opportunity to wag your finger down each of the hotel’s marvelous menus.
The boutique hotel in Phuket offers guests several restaurant concepts serving authentic Thai cuisine, from indoor fine dining to relaxing outdoor feasts.
The hotel’s chefs curate menus that reflect the melting pot of immigrant influences in Thailand. From wok-fried dishes favoured by 19th-century Chinese to European-style tea and coffee houses imported by the Old Town missionaries, and Indian flavours brought over by Buddhist monks.
In 2023 the resort will launch 2 new culinary concepts: romantic steakhouse and Indian restaurant. Both restaurants will offer jaw-dropping ocean views at sunset.
CHECK EXPEDIA RATES + TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS
Vista is located at the heart of the resort and is famous for its sumptuous brunch buffet.
Vist Restaurant boasts an elegant interior with a surreal ambiance. The mosaic walls gleam and sparkle under the soft glow of aquamarine lighting to create an underwater vibe. Handcrafted crockery in hues of blue and green reflect the multitude of colours in the ocean.
True to its name, Vista offers al fresco dining on its terrace, which boasts jaw-dropping views over the pool, mountainside forest and Andaman Sea backdrop.
The hotel’s 160-seat signature restaurant serves authentic Thai dishes alongside your favourite international dishes. One night enjoy a spicy Thai curry while selecting Italian pizza or British fish & chips whenever the craving hits you.
The restaurants popular breakfast buffet features a mix of continental favourites and traditional Thai treats. Highlights include Thai ice tea, black sticky rice and Yau Char Kway Chinese donuts. At lunch or dinner we suggest ordering the Shrimp & Pomelo Salad, it is to die for!
Vida Terrace Bar
Enjoy one of Phuket’s most picturesque panoramic sunset views at Vida Terrace Bar, located in front of the hotel lobby.
Vida Terrace Bar is the perfect place to romance over sundowner cocktails and tasty tapas, which are served here between 5-10pm.
Sit back and relax at Vida Terrace Bar to enjoy a Latin American-inspired atmosphere. We suggest ordering an herbaceous mojito featuring a local rum distilled in Phuket at Chalong Bay.
Pair your favourite craft cocktail with tasty Latin American tapas like chicharones, croquetas, chorizo, empanadas and taquitos.
Sizzle Rooftop Restaurant
Sizzle Rooftop is another option for those keen to enjoy a romantic fine dining experience in Phuket.
The al fresco restaurant near Patong specializes in barbecuing prime meats and grilling fresh seafood. Dive into platters of the most succulent shellfish that Andaman Sea has to offer or indulge your inner carnivore with juicy Black Angus steaks or New Zealand lamb chops.
Rendez-Vue Terrace Bar
If you’re staying in a suite or villa and looking to sip and nibble in a sophisticated setting head to Rendez-Vue. It is Avista Hideaway Phuket’s executive lounge.
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong MGallery’s luxurious lounge serves tapas-style light bites, pub classics, sunset cocktails and quality wines.
The intimate 30-seat restaurant is outfitted with cozy leather armchairs and beautifully crafted wooden furniture.
Highlights from the Rendez-Vue menu include Mexican Beef Tacos, Italian Antipasto Skewers, Chicken Satay, Tuna Spring Rolls and Smoked Salmon Flowers.
Fun Things To Do In Phuket
It’s important to take a break from sunbathing on the beach to explore all that Phuket has to offer! Book a fun tour or authentic Thai experience to make your visit to Phuket unforgettable!
- Private Airport Transfer in Phuket: start your romantic Phuket honeymoon with ease by booking a private airport transfer.
- James Bond Island Luxury Catamaran Tour: enjoy an 8 hour day trip to the famous James Bond Island including a buffet lunch, swimming, snorkeling and kayaking. Enjoy sunset during dinner on your return journey.
- Small-Group Jungle Hiking Excursion in Khao Phra Teaw Park: join a small group of active travelers on a 6 hour tour to hike the beautiful jungle at Khao Phra Teaw Park.
- Simon Cabaret Drag Show: is one of Thailand’s most famous drag show cabarets. Enjoy a musical spectacular featuring glamorous costumes and hilarious skits.
- Horse Riding On the Beach At Sunset: book a romantic hour-long horseback riding experience on the beach at sunset.
- Phuket Jet Ski Tour: cruise through turquoise waters on a jet ski on this island-hopping day tour from Phuket.
- Phuket City Tour: enjoy a 5 hour tour of Phuket featuring stops at top attractions like the Big Buddha statue, sacred Wat Chalong temple, a cashew nut factory, and Windmill Viewpoint.
- Phuket Elephant Sanctuary: enjoy an unforgettable encounter with elephants on this 3 hour tour. Located on 30 acres of lush, tropical land bordering the Khao Phra Thaeo National Park, this sanctuary focusses on compassionate and ethical elephant tourism.
- Phuket Old Town Food Tour: foodies will love this 4 hour food tour of Phuket Old Town. Taste authentic Burmese curries, Hokkien noodles, and locally grown tropical fruits.
- Thai Cooking Class: enjoy a 3 hour cooking class to learn traditional Thai cuisine techniques.
- Muay Thai Boxing at Patong Boxing Stadium: sports fans enjoy a 3 hour Muay Thai boxing match, one of the most popular sports in Thailand.
- ATV And Zipline Experience: enjoy an exhilarating 3 hours exploring lush jungle by ATV then fly through the treetops on a zipline.
Avista Hideaway Phuket Contact
39/9 Muen Ngern Road, 66-76-681-681
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.